Monday, February 18, 2013

inspiration monday: no good deal goes unnoticed

the inspiration
charlize theron
megan bird



leggings ~ Walmart
sweater ~ TJ Maxx
boots ~ thrifted
socks ~ Charlotte Russe
scarf and hat ~ Kohls
sunglasses ~ hand-me-down

nora bird



shirt~ F21
necklace~ Etsy, gift
leggings~ Heartbreaker
boots~ vintage

last week, nora sent me an email telling me that shoedazzle was having a huge sale. i think the normal person would have said, oh nice...i will take a look, but i don't really need anything new – clearly i am not a normal person. you see, i have always prided myself in having very good will power – but not so much when it comes to shopping. don't get me wrong...if i were to put myself on an actual shopping ban, my will power would be fantastic; if i tell myself i can't do something, i won't. but, the thing is, is that i won't put myself on a shopping ban...because i don't want to not shop.

so back to her email. she sent it, and within 20 minutes, i had about eight items in my cart. i whittled it down to five, and not 30 minutes after she sent me the email, i had ordered three pairs of boots, a new coat and a new purse. i know.

but – and this is a big but – the other thing about me, besides being a shopaholic, is that i am extremely frugal. and by frugal, i mean i won't spend over $20 on almost anything. (almost.) it has proven to be a good thing, and being a great bargain shopper, it usually works out in my favor. so, i will tell you this...i got three pairs of boots, a new coat and a new purse for $58. $58 total. i know.

maybe it's time for that shopping ban.

xoxo,
two birds

26 comments:

  1. You girls are a bad influence... I may need to go on that site - never been! PS LOVE those thrifted cowboy boots!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!! very well done on your purchases, that's an amazing haul for the money! You both look really lovely, very casual chic and stylish! Sorry I have not replied back to your comments, they go straight to my spam for some reason which I only realised after a while! Wishing you both a good week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's a lot of stuff for $58!! Love it. I have zero willpower when it comes to shopping...I don't think I could survive a ban :) You both look so cute & cozy!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frugal shopping for the win! I'm totally frugal too, I hate spending too much for one single thing! I still put myself on a shopping ban though and I dislike it, but it's for my own good as there are items in my closet I've either worn once or not at all yet this winter!

    You both look cute and cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. $58 for all that stuff is a GOOD deal! I've always been pretty frugal when it comes to shopping and now the Target clearance rack has made me even cheaper. If I can get a shirt for 5 bucks then I start thinking $15 is a lot, haha.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    JCrew giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's ok. I'm just the opposite--if I tell myself I can't do something, I want to do it more. That's just my rebellious nature I guess. Good for you! That is a bargain indeed and I can't wait to see the new additions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MEGAN! I love your scarf! And Nora, your boots and striped top are adorable :)

    Great inspiration and great outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys always look so great and will FIND a deal!! I need to live next door...I can see it now, fun and more fun!

    Have a great week,
    PS I need some vintage boots in my closet/life:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these wonderful outfits! xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, sounds like me! But hey, that is not a bad price for all that stuff!

    Love both looks - both pairs of boots are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's incredible how little you paid for all you got! So glad I didn't know about the deal... I would've been in trouble....

    Love these comfy looks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not able to put myself on a shopping ban either. It would probably last me one day. But all that stuff for $58 is pretty darn awesome! You both look so pretty! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ladies, I love your tops, grey works so well, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is no such thing as a shopping ban. You kidding me? Shopping bans ONLY occur when you are home and not in a store. Haven't you heard the old saying: Men want sex and Women want to shop.

    It is soooooooooooo true.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, we are shopping soul sisters!!! i am exactly like this as well!!! if i go and check something out i will buy. but i'm soooo frugal. most of the time i don't even spend $10 (that's at Target - haha) and i HAVE to get it on sale or i just can't bring myself to buy. i've decided i'm going to NOT shop for lent. and surprisingly it hasn't been too bad...yet

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the socks and the gray and black stripes! This was a nice ensemble to be comfy on a chilly day like today. Good choice. It was fun linking up today...first time in a long time! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh, i'm excited for you to show us what you bought on sale. super cool! nice interpretations of the inspiration lovely birds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You both look fabulous. I pretty much want to wear leggings and a big sweater all the time right now. It is too cold for real pants.

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAHAHA! That is too funny! I'm that way with bath & body products. We all have a weakness. Love the boots you ladies are wearing. Fabulous blue accessories and I love that striped top!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You both look gorgeous! Charlize THeron is a great source of inspiration:)!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely inspiration :)
    http://blog.diamondsanddust.co.za/

    ReplyDelete
  22. As always you both did a great job
    I think my most common comment on this look was...
    I didn't even recognize Charlize. LOL
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey! I love how you added the turquoise scarf and cute socks Megan and I adore the fun stripy top Nora! I er- got this look wrong!!!x

    ReplyDelete