Tuesday, January 8, 2013

love*birds: 1.9.13

things i am loving this week:
~ henry is sleeping through the night, for the most part. i think he has finally found a way to sleep (fairly) comfortably with a broken collarbone. maybe all the yogurt is healing his bones extra quickly???
~ my willpower is pretty amazing. i know, that sounds a little braggy, but if i set a goal for myself, i almost always do it. it really has nothing to do with willpower and everything to do with me being one of the most stubborn people on earth. either way, it makes new year's resolutions easier to handle!
~ i did a ton of great thrift shopping last weekend. i ended up finding eight huge glass containers for candy at our wedding for under $15 (total, not each).
~ speaking of the wedding, we are trucking along. chris and i made a list on nye of what still needed to be done. i have been hacking away at the list for the last eight days, and have gotten pretty far!
~ aaaaand, we got our save the dates done. i can't wait until i get them delivered to my house. i am a mixture of excited and a little embarrassed by them. you'll see why at some point when i post them on the blog! stay tuned!

and here are some other things we are loving.

megan bird
mint green lace necklace
i love how delicate and beautiful this is. it looks vintage and would class up just about any outfit. (ok, not any outfit.)

hanging air plant

i need about five of these to hang from a window sill. wouldn't that be perfect?

vintage sequined dress
i think this dress is the prototype for all the cute dresses that are being mass produced today. but it's vintage, and has a story. i love it!

grow sign
i don't have an indoor herb garden, but suddenly i want to create one and throw this sign on top. how cute is it? also, the artist is 18....such talent!


eco denim wrap skirt
i honestly can't imagine a cuter skirt. it's denim and has pockets, a high waist, buttons and ties around the waist. and it's organic cotton. i'm in love!

blog*love
thrift my style is throwing fur over leather over jeggings under shearling. and then topping it off with starts and leopard! this is by far one of the coziest outfits i have ever seen. and so cute, too! faux fur gets me every time!!

insta*love
@meglets

i got henry to have a nice chuckle after he broke his collarbone. it was nice to see that he was still in good spirits!

nora bird
wrapped fox tee

"no foxes have been harmed for the making of this t-shirt!" this is so whimsical and adorable and i love it! i kind of want one in each color!

upcycled sweater cowl

the print on this cowl is gorgeous! and i love that it is repurposed from an old sweater. gorgeous and green! awesome.

vintage children's mocassins

um, i am pretty sure ben needs these little, vintage mocassins. so adorable!

let him sleep print

speaking of ben, i want to hang this in his room. and i want to get one for mimi, too! so sweet.


this is my kind of bag. sturdy, durable, cool. it's just a really good looking bag.

blog*love
i love that sara (road to the heart) thrifted everything necessary and then embroidered herself this awesome sweatshirt. how fun!

insta*love
that face! my baby boy! isn't he just the cutest???

what are you loving this week?

xoxo, two birds

24 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures of things you're using for the wedding - so exciting!! LOVE that denim skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the skirt, the denim skirt? oh my! that's everything right there!
    (and yes, he is the cutest!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby face! So sweet :) And yay for wedding planning coming along... how exciting that you thrifted a bunch of candy jars (by the way, candy at a wedding?! love!). I can't wait to see your save-the-date cards, I'm sure they are just darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the mint necklace, it is so delicate and pretty. So many great things on here today. The wrapped fox tea, backpack, sparkly vintage dress, can't wait to shop in the Spring...it's gonna be worth the wait. I'll be looking for minty green things like that necklace. dawn suitcase vignettes. Glad to hear that Henry(love his name) his doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the Save the Dates! And that fox tee is tooo cute.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Datevitation Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two find all the cutest things on the internet! Love the lace pendant... so feminine! And the mountains print is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, how did I miss that Henry broke his collar bone?! Sad day... glad he is making it through the night! Hopefully he heals soon!

    YAY for wedding planning! :) Save the dates sound super exciting, can't wait to see them on the blog!

    That wrapped fox tee is TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited to see your Save the Dates Megan! You have me intrigued!

    I love the fox t-shirt Nora, I'm with you, I'd buy one in every color if I could!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both have adorable kids - take after their moms huh? And I love that fox tee. Adorable.

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the skirt!! :)

    Would you like to follow each other?! let me know on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that top with the little fox! super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY thrifting bowls! I am really embarassed to say that I don't think I found anything for my wedding at a thrift store.............
    I love all the things you're loving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm so glad he's sleeping better. i saw your candy jars on instagram. they were lovely!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I love your Love-birds post best of all the 'regular' posts I read in Blogland! Always so intriguing! SO many lovely things here and I am so glad that your son is sleeping better!
    I'm probably getting married this year now too Megan, so I guess I'll be doing such crazy things too!!!! Hope you are well!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's totally ok to brag about ourselves a but, I wish I had amazing willpower. I do not. I'm still laughing over you son and the yogurt. Too funny!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad to hear Henry is feeling a bit better and im glad your getting lots of wedding stuff done! Yay! Can't wait for pics of the big day!
    Nora I LOVE that fox tee its been on my wish list for a while now. It's just too cute!!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a sweater that looks just like that fox tee, it IS whimsy and super cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  18. I pinned that skirt once before because I love it so much!! I still have yet to try making it but I intend to this year! This is the year I perfect my sewing. Yay!! Thanks for this post. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. My next house will have room for an indoor herb garden. Right now I don't have enough window space.

    ReplyDelete
  20. yes baby ben, & henry are cute! that unicorn sweatshirt is darling, so is the let him sleep sign. i like the galaxy vintage dress. i don't like snooki's outfit though. gag me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. two birds! i am loving life. I am loving my blog and I AM LOVING MY BLOGGING BUDDIES!!! all is good.

    ReplyDelete
  22. the hanging air plant...i have never seen such a thing, but i like it! and the wrapped fox tee?? yes, please!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  23. Im lovin how absolutely adorable your kids are! Those birdie genes are good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. M, I cannot wait to see your save the dates. We picked out the vendor who will print them, but don't have our list. :) Glad you've been making progress - we haven't been doing anything lately! xo

    ReplyDelete