Wednesday, January 2, 2013

love*birds: 1.2.13

things i am loving this week:
~ my baby boy. he and i spent new year's eve in the ER (turns out he is just fine...no worries!) and he was such a champ the whole time. he even laughed while getting x-rays taken. the technician told me that she had never seen that reaction before. he's amazing.
~ my little girl. her brother and dad have been sick for the past few days and she has been helping me out so much (in her own, two-and-a half year old way.) it is seriously so sweet.
~ it's a new year! the new year always feels like a clean slate. there is the possibility that i will keep my house cleaner, i will be the most healthy and fit i have ever been, i will spend less and save so much more! it might not always actually work out...but it is nice to feel like it could for those first few weeks of the year.
~ jim took this entire week off of work. i love having him home during the day and so do the kids.

and here a few other things we are loving this week...

nora bird
faux pur snood with pom poms

faux fur snood...with pom poms. what else needs to be said???

polka dot dress

this dress is so classic and so cute. i want to wear it all year round!

to market tote

i am seriously obsessed with totes. just ask my husband. but he couldn't possibly be upset if i just added one more to the collection, right??? because i love this one. like, a lot.


um, this is adorable. adorable and warm. perfect combo!


such a fun, vintage-inspired piece. it would make such a cool statement with any outfit. love it!

blog*love
this story about yi-chia (Always Maylee) meeting her husband, tom, on new year's eve, is seriously the sweetest! it made me smile.

insta*love

i love this photo i snapped over the holidays. a bunch of family stuffed into my tiny living room. i love my family. hanging out with them is always such a blast, no matter what we're doing. they are the best.

megan bird
hearts infinity scarf
i have so many scarves and i rarely wear them. mainly it's because i never know how to tie them. so a cute heart infinity scarf might solve my problem!

vintage triple locket
i love this...i could put both my kids, me and chris and even desi in one necklace!!

love bird t-shirt
it's a bird, with a heart, on a super soft and cozy t-shirt. what's not to love?

beaded tassel necklace
nora has a vintage red tassel necklace that i adore...and since she got it, i have been on a search for one of my own. this is a colorful variation of hers!!

feather ankle cuffs
what a fun way to accessorize! i love the dramatic flare of these cuffs!

blog*love
i love kristina's (of Kristina does the Internets) new year's eve outfit. it's simple yet flashy, and the silhouette is gorgeous on her. i also love the pop of orange in the clutch.

insta*love
sorry, i have two!

(@meglets) we took the kids sledding the other day and they looked too cute to pass up with their messy hair and rosy cheeks!

what are you loving this week?

xoxo, two birds

19 comments:

  1. You are too cute, and so are those photos of the kids post sledding! Happy New Year :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! A NYE in the ER?! Glad to hear everything is ok. Oooo I love that tote too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the ER visit turned out to be okay! I loooove that fur snood.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Ben is ok, and I love that he was laughing through is X-Rays! He's so cute.

    Love the bear hat and the heart infinity scarf! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LURV the scarf. And I think you both need a love bird tee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the statement Necklace.. gorgeous.. seen something similar in Accessorize

    www.liatvictoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that snood and the polka dot dress is lovely too. I am glad your family is home safe and happy. xx. McKenna Lou

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chunky knit bear hat is gorgeous and I love the ankle feather cuffs...kids look like they had blush applied to their cheeks but I know it's natural and adorable. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pics and adore the photo of your living room packed with family - it's my favorite part of the holidays! The faux fur snood and heart infinity scarf are also favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad he is ok! great picks and pics xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww! Love the packed living room and the pics of the kids! Glad all was well in the ER!

    xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like both scarves, please. Your kiddos look happy and chilly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving the bib necklace, the scarf of course the bird shirt!!
    great family photos as well
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the mention, you're so sweet!!

    Kristina

    Kristina does the Internets

    ReplyDelete
  15. Much loveliness here- that polka dot dress is totally up my street Nora, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Megan and Nora! hi! I am loving that my computer is up and operational FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

    It had better be for a while any way, huh?

    I am loving the Christmas and New Years are behind me and that we can have a bit of normalcy for a while. And ...here, I loved the sequin purse, the feathery shoes and those two adorable rosy cheeked kids and the fam all hanging out together, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. so many people have been sick. the weather keeps changing. glad everyone is doing better.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear your little one is okay!

    Happy New Year!
    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been eyeing that knit bear cap for a while now. It's so darn adorable!

    Sylvia
    www.sylvialovespink.com

    ReplyDelete