Friday, December 7, 2012

outfit of the day(bird): a bird's life




sweater ~ old, maybe JCP?
pants ~ Marshalls
booties ~ F21
earrings ~ from nora (stolen from our garage sale)

every once in a while, nora and i will email each other back and forth and say something like, "will you look at my blog pictures on flickr and make sure i don't look like a *insert bad word here*?" of course, we always email each other back and say, "you look great!" and it's not that i ever lie...nora seriously always looks great. and i've seen her first thing in the morning, after two bottles of wine (shared between the two of us, of course).

these pictures were one of those instances. i emailed nora and said, "will you check my pics? it's first thing in the morning, i haven't washed my hair in four days, it's dark outside, and i am wearing my most boring of work outfits." and then i said, "maybe i should write a blog post about how it's not always glamorous being a bird."* so i am. i know, i know, the life of a bird seems so chic, doesn't it? i mean, our lives are full of dirty houses, hungry kids, stinky feet (henry's not mine), law & order reruns, popcorn in bed, and let's not forget leggings. there are leggings almost every day. i imagine that this life is fairly similar to jennifer lopez or kate middleton's. no? but you know, we just want you to know that like everyone else, we put our pants leggings on one leg at a time*.

so here i am, an hour out of bed, in the cold and in the dark, tired eyes and unwashed hair...in my most boring of work outfits. this is me**.

happy friday!
xo,
megan bird

* i hope you know i'm kidding.
** actually, the real me wouldn't have pants on. i would be laying in bed in a tank and no bra, eating popcorn and watching reruns of law & order.

28 comments:

  1. You still look great; love the sweater. For some reason all things grey have a huge appeal for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh Megan :) Most of those things you listed sound awesome (except the stinky feet). I live in leggings sometimes and I don't even have kids :) And I LOVE those wedge booties!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that sweater and the boots xo great look and haha Ms. SoCal and I do the same thing xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you're keeping it real. So much easier to relate to than perfection - Lord knows I'm all kinds of unglamorous over here.:) But even your "boring" outfits are the cutest.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday to you Megan! :) And this is NOT boring haha, it is CHIC and beautiful :) LOVE Your booties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in leggings/no pants as well and I don't even have kids yet! You two always look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shoes are killer lady!!!
    So, I don't know why, but when you comment on my blog, it doesn't show up on the comment section. It only shows in my email notification. Hmmm, never seen that before. Any ideas?
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your cosy greay sweater!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. I'm hosting a glasses giveaway on my blog here check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha-ha well I think you look great! :) Love those leggings so much!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boring is just fine... that sweater is still cuter than half my closet. And it looks SUPER cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh megan! lol! i love me some law and order reruns, especially with lenny and his one liners. too bad he had to die (in real life). dang!

    you look adorable in the dark in an ordinary outfit. you kidding me? legging and jeggings are becoming a comfort item for me. love them.

    still no tripod but perhaps today. i'll be here on Monday - that is for super sure! see ya (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, you are so funny. Actually I prefer to be in bed with no pants on watching tv too... with nachos. Hope you have a great weekend!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keeping it real - and it's one of the reasons I love you guys and love having you as friends! You are real people! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, this might be a simple outfit for you, but you wear your clothes really well so they always look lovely and like you've made an effort! I like the realness of your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you look great! And I love that you two email back and forth asking if the photos are bad, I do the same with Kevin - and he's brutally honest!

    Love those booties, the wedge is cute! Have a great, unglamorous weekend - I know mine will be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this so much! And it's so true... there are a whole lot of leggings in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. your sweater might be old, but it certainly looks cozy, comfy and cute
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you look fabulous!!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi dear!
    Nice outfit, simple but great
    Love those cozy sweaters
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've seen you every which way and I think that this is you, me, and everyone else in everyday life which isn't boring at all. We are models off duty when at home and that's perfectly acceptable. Who looks glam all the time? I wanna smack them as I sit here with greasy hair, no bra and cut off sweats. Great photos, love your sweater and your hair looks great? dawn suitcase vignettes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dude, for having unwashed hair, etc. You look so awesome! I am loving this look, you always balance cozy & chic! Oh and after I get home from work, I am usually in my pjs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lol your life sounds just as glamorous as mine! Minus the kids. And apparently not washing your hair does it good cuz it looks really pretty! I know how it goes with boring work outfits....love your sweater though!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. megan, i think the real you has gorgeous glowing looking skin. i mean it's radiant, from what i see, looking at the computer screen. your outfit is classic not boring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I happen to think that this outfit is great- the sweater looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. HHHAAAAA! Loved this, but have to say you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL LOVE the inspiration look and love both your looks! xo

    ReplyDelete