Wednesday, December 19, 2012

love*birds: 12.19.12

this week we are loving:
~ our children
~our teachers
~ not taking one single moment for granted
~ pulling together in a bipartisan moment to pray for the families affected by last week's tragedies
~ our children
~ their teachers
~ the residents of newton
~ the lost children and families of sandy hook
~ the brave teachers who saved lives, and gave theirs

if you'd like to help the residents and families of newton, you can do so here. we have also compiled a small sampling of etsy stores that are helping as well by donating some, if not all, of their proceeds to benefit the families of sandy hook. thank you, and know that every little bit helps.

our thoughts and prayers are with the families and residents of newton.

megan bird
black and white scarf
 fresh off the needle is donating 20% of their proceeds.

fold-over clutch
seams mod is donating 50% of their proceeds.

brass duck bookends
the enchanted fig tree is donating 5% of their proceeds.

heart stone necklace
glass ghost jewels is donating 100% of the proceeds from these necklaces.

turquoise feather earrings
eld bee designs is donating 100% of their proceeds from these earrings.

nora bird

boo & lou design is donating 100% of their proceeds.


kimchi & sweet tea is donating 100% of their proceeds.


crafting for cause is donating 100% of their proceeds.


merely eclectic is donating 25% of their proceeds.


lilly things is donating 30% of their proceeds.

xoxo,
two birds

18 comments:

  1. That's really awesome that those Etsy stores are donating their proceeds. My heart just breaks for those families :(

    On a lighter note, I absolutely love those bookends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my heart breaks for those families :( beautiful items xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how wonderful all of these Etsy shops are donating their profits, that is so beautiful and touching. Thank you for the roundup on all of them, I wouldn't have known otherwise. It's a great way to help these families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so wonderful that so many Etsy stores are donating proceeds. Thanks for compiling this list.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Dec. Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the "Every day I love you" print :) SO cute and I am also taking nothing for granted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the duck book ends!! They are so cute and would look lovely on my bookshelf. I am so glad I came across your blog. I will definitely be following you on bloglovin! xx. McKenna Lou

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting this! I love that people are pulling together to help out in this tragedy, I just wish that we never had it to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those duck book ends are so cute. I've been wanting owl ones since forever! And I love the over the rainbow print!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANK YOU so much for featuring some of the awesome Etsy sellers who so kindly decided to join me in "crafting for cause." It means so much to me that you and so many other awesome bloggers have chosen to speak out about what we're trying to do. Seriously, it warms my heart to see so many people come together to try and make a difference. Can't wait to announce how much we raise come Sunday :)

    {oh, and thanks for featuring my peter pan collar necklace!}

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is absolutely wonderful; thank you for sharing it.

    It's good to know that, politics aside, we can still pull together for those who need it.

    The Happiest of Christmases to you and your families!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's really awesome that they are all donating - what a great feature of products to do

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those bookends! My mom has a pair of antelope books that are super similar to these. And the funny thing is, is that Madebygirl did a post featuring the same EXACT ones I couldn't believe it!

    Ali of:

    www.aliandang.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful, great projects
    Kisses
    Aga

    Check my new post
    www.agasuitcase.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHat a lovely idea for your Lovebirds this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. megan and nora! oh so cool of you! i was tearing up reading this list. i don't have an extra dime. dang. i'm not placing feelings of guilt. my prayers are all i can offer. love to you and your loved ones, renae

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw how sweet of all these wonderful shops to donate their proceeds! There are some really great people out there, the world needs more of them. This tragedy just breaks my heart. I can't even imagine the pain of the families who lost someone that day.
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post is so touching...you both think of everyone and everything. God bless you and your families as well. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete