Sunday, December 30, 2012

inspiration monday: new year's eve

the inspiration
what are you wearing tonight?
megan bird



dress, tights ~ Target
shoes ~ thrifted
necklace ~ gift from chris
earrings ~ c/o anjolee

nora bird




jacket~ vintage
shirt~ Old Navy
earrings~ Christmas gift
booties~ Sam Edelman, gift

can you believe that 2012 is almost over? i sure can't!! that means that in six months, i will be getting married, which scares me a lot ~ not because i'm not sure chris is the one...but because i'm not sure we are ready. and i am the person who likes to be ready at least six months in advance. so i guess one of my resolutions will be to either get ready for the wedding, or to start to relax a little and know that everything will fall into place.

a few other things i plan to do in the new year are:

1. stay in shape, and get into better shape. i want to be strong. not like madonna arms strong, but i want to do more than light weight lifting and cardio. i want to be yoga strong, and do a pull-up on my own strong. so i'm going to.
2. save money. i don't need any more clothes and i don't need any more shoes. that doesn't mean that i won't buy any on 2013, but i am going to be more vigilant about how i spend my money. i have also vowed to not spend a $5 bill. if i get one or have one, it will go in my $5 bill jar. i have actually already started that one, and i have about $50 in the jar, just from december 27!!
3. make note of the good things. i plan to decorate a huge jar and have everyone in the family fill it with especially good things that happen to us throughout the year. hopefully by this time next year, we will have plenty of slips of paper to read and reminisce about.
4. eat healthier. i already eat very healthily...no meat and whole grain carbs. however, i would like to eat more organically and maybe (maybe) a little less cheese. that one will be hard. cheese makes everything better.

and that's it. maybe i will have a few more as the months go by, but i think this is a good start! how about you, do you have any resolutions?

either way, have a fabulous new year, and give yourselves a big virtual hug from us at midnight tonight!!

xoxo,
two birds

inspmon_XJdT71_zpscbf30840

24 comments:

  1. I really like your resolution ideas, particularly the jar ones. I think I might try them too! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of saving the good things in a jar. It's so easy to forget those every day little happy moments. I hope you both have a happy New Year's Eve - wishing you great things in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look beautiful! Happy New Year! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for the lovely comment on my blog.

    I love your blog (such a great concept) and you both look lovely here.

    Happy New Year from a new follower :)

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything will fall into place for the wedding! Love the idea of the jar to remember all the good things throughout the year. Happy New Year!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be linking up a little later with my post! I'm still in jammies right now, lol. Yay for a day off! I love both of your looks - won't lie, mine is going to be similar! :)

    And Sharon is right, it will all come together for the wedding and it's going to be wonderful Megan! So, SO exciting to say you're getting married THIS year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very happy new year to you both! Some of my goals are pretty similar to yours- I want to be strong and save money too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with all of your resolutions! I really stink at them. Don't worry, your wedding will be perfect! There were a lot of things Patrick and I didn't get done until the last minute. Our officiant was hired a week prior!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like that rule of not spending a $5 bill! and love that jacket norah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh...give up cheese. I tried to give up dairy and that lasted about 2 weeks. I don't eat meat and cheese is where I get protein from so it's hard. I hope you have better luck than I did.

    I love the idea about the jar. I need to do that. Also the saving $ scheme would be good if I ever had cash, but I use cards all the time.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheese.... so good and evil... :-)
    Happy New Year, you ladies will be even lovelier this year, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both outfits are gorgeous. I love the fancy and and the more casual look. Here's wishing you a fabulous 2013!

    xo,
    Sylvia
    www.sylvialovespink.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ditto all cheese comments. I'm w/ you and Suzanne- I don't eat meat but one of the hardest things I've done was a 2 week vegan "test run" lol. Love that dairy.

    Also love the $5 bill jar! What a great idea!

    Amazing outfits, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you guys are both adorable! and that periwinkle jacket is to die for! (totally obsessed with that color these days)
    i dont think i will ever be ready to marry my bf (we've been together 8 and a half years & even though we talk about marriage like we're going to do it, the closer it gets the more freaked out i am. i think i may die on the ground when he actually asks haha). it'll come to you though!
    as for my resolutions, i'm not sure i'm the best candidate to stick to my guns on anything haha but we shall see!
    happiest of new years wishes to both you ladies! see you in 2013!
    xx Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww you both look so pretty!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh lovely outfits but cannot believe you are wearing that in the snow Megan, I am positively shivering to look at you! I am off to spend my new year in a Northumbrian village, wrapped up well!x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is that for real snow coming down??
    So fun, but I bet you are already sick of it.
    Love both of your looks
    Have a super NYE
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year! You both look darling in your festive outfits! (I'm not posting mine until tomorrow because I haven't taken any photos) My goals include some of the same things, especially getting in shape and eating better!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy 2013 birds! hope it brings you everything you want!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You ladies look fabulous! Happy New Year Dolls!!!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. What fantastic goals and fantastic looks - you both look stunning as usual!! Happy 2013 - can't wait to see what's in store for you ladies!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  22. You both look fabulous. Happy new year to you both xx

    ReplyDelete