Tuesday, November 13, 2012

outfit of the day(bird): lazy days




scarf~ from mom
cardigan~ Heartbreaker
tunic~ Marshalls
leggings~ Target
boots~ $9.98 shoe warehouse

sunday was veterans day and yesterday my government-working husband had the day off. it was really nice to have an extra day to all hang out as a family and have a pretty lazy day. we all slept in pretty late (7:30 am is late for us), woke up (to snow on the ground!) and had a lazy breakfast while watching some cartoons, went to the gym, had lunch, lay around on the living room floor playing, then the kids and the hubs took loooooong naps while i ran to trader joe's (and i even got to catch a quick nap when i got home!) then i made dinner while we watched a movie, we ate, the kids had baths, and then we read a bunch of stories before bedtime. then mama enjoyed a glass of wine and caught up on The Voice. so, all in all, a really nice, relaxing day. and this is what i wore. it is definitely not the most glamorous outfit and perhaps not even a very blog-worthy outfit. but i never claimed to have a glamorous or particularly blog-worthy life. this outfit reflects the kind of day i had. cozy, relaxed, lazy, warm. i also have not a stitch makeup on in these photos and i may even have some pillow marks on my face from my nap...and i am totally okay with that!

i hope you all have a great day!

xoxo, nora bird

23 comments:

  1. Definitely blogworthy, it's the kind of outfit I adore! Comfy and warm, oh yes please.

    Glad you had a wonderfully relaxing day with your whole family; you deserved it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love days like that! Your outfit is what I call an "honest blog". Yup its what I wore type of things are what I love :) You look really cute and warm. Perfect scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is similar to what I wore on Sunday too, comfy and warm! I say it's blog worthy! I love the scarf and boots! And your day sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the boots & that they are purple. I love the day you had, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is a perfect cozy day outfit. I lurv the scarf... it dresses it up a little bit. And you are NOT wearing pajama pants... so you are way fancier than me on a day off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that long cardigan. It's so cozy looking!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a perfect day! And I think your outfit is wonderful, especially that scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Sounds like an awesome day indeed! I think your scarf is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the outfit is perfect for the day you had ... and for my comfort is always a winner!!
    Jess
    JESS CAUSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so cute and comfy! I love your purple boots! Sounds like you had a wonderful day :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look really warm and comfortable. I like the fuzzy boots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really adorable! I love your tunic, and I am super jealous of that day, sounds amazing!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so cozy, comfy and cute!!

    PS. I'd love it if you could visit my blog and follow me if you like it!! :)

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. pillow marks are the new black yo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfectly slouchy and ruffly and layered. Great punch of color with your boots. No makeup? Pretty and so lucky, you won't catch me doing that unless I am wearing sunglasses. dawn suitcase vignettes

    ReplyDelete
  16. My hubby had the day off to. Love your boots. It was snowing a little bit her in Mi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounded like a great day to me- especially the napping and reading. And your outfit was very similar to what I had on yesterday. Sometimes it's so nice to be comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. nora, it sounds like a wonderful family autumn day! being able to rest is nice. that scarf from your mom is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. sounds like a great day together! and your outfit is perfect for it! comfy and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe how quickly you got your figure back from having that baby! You are amazing! And I'm so glad you had a good holiday! It sounds pretty much perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That scarf is gorgeous!! Love a nice comfy outfit like this and you still look totally stylish!!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a comfortable outfit <3 You look great!!!

    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  23. That sounds like the perfect day! And you look super cute & cozy in that outfit :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete