Wednesday, November 7, 2012

love*birds: 11.7.12

things i am loving this week:
~ minnesota! i have always loved my state, but i have never been as proud to call myself a minnesotan as i am today.
~ i don't want to get too political on the blog, but i am very happy that the presidential election is finally over and we can all move forward!
~ sleep. ben has been sleeping five to six hours straight at night and only waking up once to eat. i hope he continues on this trend!
~ "heat" waves in november. it is supposed to get into the 60s today!
~ coffee. after staying up too late last night, it is tasting really good this morning.

and here are a few other things we are loving this week...

nora bird
feather ring

i love this feather ring. so delicate and pretty.

kimono clutch

not only is this clutch gorgeous, it is made from a vintage kimono. how cool is that?

vintage map

i really really want this vintage map of my wonderful home state!

hooded scarf

i can't let this heat wave trick me. i know it's about to get really really cold here really soon. and what would be more perfect in the freezing cold than this chunky, hooded scarf? love it!

colorblocked cape

speaking of keeping warm...this vintage cape would be such a great layering piece. warm and cozy while still being fashionable. gotta love that!

blog*love
i love a cozy outfit...especially one inspired by megan bird! and beth of The Fashionable Adventures of Bethie the Boo looks cute and cozy in her flannel and leggings in this post. perfect weekend outfit!

insta*love
raking with dad

mimi "helping" jim out with some yard work. warms my heart.

megan bird
hooded cape top
what's not to like about this? it's big and cozy. it's hooded and pocketed. did i mention how cozy it is? want.

vintage pleated maxi dress
i love the color and pleats and floral top on this dress!

swan shift dress
i love the asymmetrical cut of this dress, but even more so, i love the swan print. (gracey, do you love it?)


silver heart necklace
while i normally opt for "look at me" sort of statement necklaces, i think this one make a delicate statement of its own. i love the sweet little heart!


leather strap riding boots
i have been seeing a lot of strap/embellished boots on blogs lately, which prompted my search for these. i didn't think i'd come up with something this cute!! too bad i'm not a 6.5!

blog*love
speaking of swan dresses, i am loving gracey, of Fashion for Giants, in this swan print dress. she has such style and dare i say it "grace", and i love how she puts outfits together!

insta*love
thunder!
if any of you follow me on instagram (@meglets), you will have already seen the multitude of pictures from our trip to see the thunder from down under. this picture was taken pre-show. (the rest of the pictures from that night include greasy men and beers.)

what are you loving today???

xoxo, two birds

30 comments:

  1. This is the best post. I loved everything about it. The feather ring, the kimono purse, the cape, both capes and the riding boots. You are making it tough not to shop. Will I make it until spring? What a fantastic photo of the 4 ladies...it looks like an album cover or at least it should be. Thank you both for the mention yesterday...off to read my spam. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. why are old maps so much more appealing than new ones…?

    I want one of those hooded capes… I can then skulk around in the mornings, hood up, until I'm properly awake.

    Today I'm loving Twitter, some days are just better, y'know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the shout out Nora!! You made my day!!

    And I LOVE OUR STATE TODAY!!! Yep that deserved all caps.

    Besides that - I love the clutch you found Nora - a kimono? Beautiful!

    And Megan, I think I'd like to live in that cozy looking cape top!! Every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very proud of your state as well :) And SO happy that this election is finally over.. and relieved ;)

    Whyyyy did you have to share that feather ring?! I want it. I need it. And it's over $200...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for including my map with all of these other wonderful finds. :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE.....the clutch & the hooded scarf!!

    REBECCA
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Minnesota! I want that hoodie cape to get in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving your state, that the election is over and I'm loving you guys....you always put a smile on my face!

    Feather ring......Christmas....ooooo shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy the election is over too! I was getting really tired of all the fighting on social media. That hooded cape is really cute! I think I'm gonna need one...it's supposed to snow today.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heart being a Minnesotan today too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I might have to knit myself a hooded scarf that is exactly like that picture. And those riding boots are amazing! Those people with size 6.5 feet have all of the luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous feather rings and clutch. It's cool that Ben is pretty much sleeping through the night, and I'm happy the election is over and we can finally move forward too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That clutch - love it! And the vintage map. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish we were experiencing a heat wave today, but its 25 degrees and snowing. blah.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those feather rings and that heart necklace. I'm happy and thankful for shelter, food and my health. That is daily!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Forward! The cape top and the hooded scarf are so awesome. I need those in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving all of these!! I love the feather ring, and the heart necklace. One of my favorite parts of this post is always getting new blogs to check out! :)

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am completely loving the feather rings and hooded scarf! So cute :) And I love that picture of all of you! :) Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love mimi helping in the yard, so cute! And I love the hooded cape!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that vintage cape! I think I saw the guys from Thunder Down Under years ago at a mall food court in my hometown. Women were gawking at them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree, Nora bird...GO MINNESOTA!! Boo that the map is already sold :( Also, Mimi and Jim are too cute. I love her :)
    I also LOVE that tiny heart necklace, maybe a Christmas gift to meself??

    Love you girls! And LOVE the Thunder pics...

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a fun girls trip that looks like! and that feather ring and bird print dress - just adoorrablleee

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing these. The long pleated vintage gown....oh, I had that skirt in pink and wore it to dances (formal ones) while in college dating KEVIN. Oh I was in-love! my gosh! Many of these were bring back fond memories. yikes. lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ok I LOVE that pleated maxi dress and the kimono clutch! Such pretty picks!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, thank you guys so much for including me in the blog love!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh, I love that orange cape top! It looks soooo snug! Hmmmm, where is my poncho!
    You always find such nice things for your Bloglove!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So jealous of your heat wave, it is so cold in Ottawa right now.
    Love the jewellery you've showcased in this post!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  28. Feathered rings and swan print! My current obsession are big cozy knits. It's freezing here!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete