Tuesday, November 20, 2012

love*birds: 11.21.12

things i am loving this week:
~ all of your happy birthday wishes on monday! thank you all so much! you made my day a bit brighter and i felt so special. i had an amazing birthday.
~ thanksgiving is tomorrow! i am very excited to eat, drink and spend time with my family.
~ we are traveling to the in-law's today for the holiday weekend. my sister and brother-in-law and their four boys will get to meet ben for the first time. we are all so excited!
~ mashed potatoes. i plan on eating my weight in mashed potatoes tomorrow.
~ date night. some friends of ours offered to babysit last night so jim and i could go on a little date. it has been a long, long time since that has happened. so much fun! i love my hubby.

and here are a few other things we are loving this week...

nora bird
sequin and velvet clutch

what a perfect clutch for the holiday season! just right for a holiday party or a night out on the town! so festive and fun.

geometric circle dress

what a fun little mini dress! i love the print on the bodice. i could see wearing this a lot. dressing it up and down in cool or warm weather. so versatile!

furry tinsel sweater

yet another fun piece, perfect for the holidays! i love the furry, metallic, tinsel-like fabric! seriously, how cool is this sweater?

feathers wine set

what a cool and unique wine set. the feather print is so lovely!

bow and key necklace

i love this sweet necklace made from recycled vintage materials. the velvet bow and gold key are so cute!

blog*love
congratulations are due to kezzie of KezzieAG who recently got engaged! yay! such great news. i am also loving the dress she is wearing in this post. the minute i saw it i thought of the kissing scene between liesl and rolfe in the sound of music. "you are sixteen going on seventeen." i have always wanted a dress like this!

insta*love
@mrsbeyers

i saw the final twilight movie on monday night. i read all of the books and really enjoyed them. i wish i could say the same for the movies. i must say, i am glad they are finally done! peace out, edward and bella.

megan bird
vintage fringe jacket
there is no scenario in which i need a new coat. but who needs to need a coat to really need a coat. ya know what i mean???

mama bear tee
this might creep you out, but for some odd reason, chris and i call each other mama and papa bear. i'm a little embarrassed admitting that. anyways, i love this shirt, because of, and despite our creepy nicknames!


vintage cowgirl boots
why i keep finding perfect vintage boots in other sizes but my own, i will never understand. if you are a 7, please buy these so i can live vicariously through you!


two-piece corset dress
i want to wear this dress to every holiday party i'm invited to this year. and then i want to crash a few more parties while wearing it. it's that cute.

eco fur snood
i can't think of a cuter way to keep myself warm over the winter. i love this!

blog*love
jacqueline of Cheapskate Blethering expresses, so eloquently, her opinions on the political divisions in our country these days, in this post. if you haven't read her blog, you should check it out. she always has a funny story, a good memory, or a yummy recipe to share!

insta*love
@meglets
at school, eva got to have her own election. she voted for me (she has taken to calling me momommy lately for some reason) because she loves me and i pay the bills. those are good enough reasons, i think!

what are you loving this week???

xoxo, two birds

21 comments:

  1. Awwww, thank you! I have been amazed, humbled, awed and deeply touched by the responses to that post and this? You just made my day!

    (Btw, I posted a yummy......and VERY cheesy.....vegetarian recipe today. It even has mashed potatoes in it!) Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving! SO loving Eva's note!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to eating mashed taters till ya ralph! I LOVE THANKSGIVING :)

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish I had a fancy party to go to so I could wear that dress! yeah for date night!! I still need to see the twilight movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh love that clutch! Would be so perfect for Christmas parties. And I couldn't agree more about Twilight. Read all the books and loved them, and the movies just didn't live up for me... especially the last one. The dialogue and acting was so amateur and silly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that clutch. I saw Twilight last weekend. Those movies are such a guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sparkly clutch, and that drawing just melted my heart. Love it! Have a happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm kinda dying over that clutch! I'm seeing Breaking Dawn this weekend and I'm pretty excited although it was my least fav book of the series.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I will be eating tons of potatoes too :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little black dress is adorable! I would wear it every too, plus around my house just for kicks. Hope you ladies have a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan, I'm a size 7, maybe I'll check those boots out! They are cute! And I love the coat too - I will admit to having a bit of a coat addiction and wanting own ALL the coats, which living in MN isn't all bad!

    Nora I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! And that you got a date night too! Have save travels!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you both!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I really like that tinsel sweater. It's so different!

    I, too, will be visiting the in-laws for turkey day. Can't wait to eat either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that necklace!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you a size 8 shoe? Because I am, and it seems to be the hardest size to find in vintage. Or maybe I just find all the awesome shoes in other sizes, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a size 8 too (re comment above!) but a UK 8- which is the equivalent of being a monster! ;-)
    'who needs to need a coat to really need a coat. ya know what i mean???'- yup yup yup, I am soooooooo with you on this!
    And thanks for mentioning me, that's sooo sooo nice of you!!! I am touched! I was actually Maria rather than Liesl but you are right, it's more Liesl!
    The key necklace is rather wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Megan and Nora! hello!

    This morning I am loving my bed. Some nights I can't fall asleep, so I love that I can sleep in and still blog.

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I will be back on Monday (with a full head to toe pose again - once I see the pic that is) Have a great weekend/holiday. I am loving that, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Thanksgiving ladies!! Enjoy your time with the families! Oh, and I would take one of each of everything on your lists.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I totally missed your birthday. Happy birthday! And I love that bow and key necklace, so cute.

    Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  17. you had me at mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had me at velvet and sequin clutch.

    Happy Thanksgiving pretty ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the black dress!! it looks so perfect!
    anna
    www.letourbillondelavie.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. "because i love her and she pay the bills" .... hahahahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. the mommy note is by far, my absolute fave. i wonder what she will think of this years now? ;)

    ReplyDelete