Wednesday, October 3, 2012

love*birds: 10.3.12

things i am loving this week:
~ half birthday celebrations. henry woke up yesterday and said, "mama, is there something you want to say to me?" yes, we celebrate half birthdays. i feel like we should take every opportunity to celebrate and use it. so they both got waffles and lemon sorbet for breakfast!
~ craigslist. i am cleaning our house out and "disposing" of a ton of goodies. it was kind of like ripping a bandaid off...just get rid of it quickly before i change my mind!
~ the windows cracked just a little. it is getting chillier around here, but i still love to open the windows just a little. it's conducive to snuggling, plus i get to smell the fall leaves.
~ fall tv. now that all the new shows have started, i have a plethora of choices when i work out in the morning. somehow parenthood makes my 5am elliptical routine a little easier!
~ walking the kids to school. this week is "walk and bike to school week" in minneapolis. the whole family puts on our sweatshirts and we all walk the kids to school. i think we need to make it a daily tradition, rather than just this week. it's good family time!
~ see that new inspiration monday button over on our side bar? renae from simple sequins designed it for us. isn't she the sweetest? check out her blog. she's so fun and so sweet!! thanks, renae!!

and here are some other things we are loving this week.
megan bird

grey hooded dress

i don't know why, but i love hooded items of clothing. and it's rare that you see a hooded dress. this is like the epitome of fashionable and cozy. i think i need it!

pink ruffled dress
a new week, a new pink dress. i love the ruffled top of this beautiful dress!!

maxi skirt
for some reason, this beautiful skirt invokes a little sound of music vibe. i can see it worn year round – with sandals or boots!! i love the colors and i think i would spin around every five minutes if i were wearing it!

anchor scarf
i love the colors of this scarf, and of course the pattern. and the added beading is just a bonus!!

two-tone cowboy boots
i forgot how much i love boots. summer comes around and i just want open toes...but as soon as the leaves start falling, i fall back in love again. these beauties would be perfect with just about any outfit!!

blog*love
i love sharon's (The Tiny Heart) mix of cozy, cute, and sexy in this outfit. those jeans look amazing on her, right? and that necklace is the perfect touch!!

insta*love
growing up
we have lived in our house just over six years now. in those six years, we have measured our kids' heights on each of their birthdays and half birthdays. i can't believe how much they've grown! it's amazing to see, even in six months, how much taller they get!!

nora bird

pillow boy and girl

oh man, i need two of these. a blond girl and a brunette boy! how adorable are these pillows? love. love. love.

plaid sweater

this vintage sweater poncho is amazing. it looks so warm and cozy and i kind of want to wear it all the time. for real.

geometric circle necklace

such a simple, pretty piece. this would be a fun addition to my necklace addiction collection.

plaid zipper vest

i can see layering this vest so many ways this fall and winter. rugged and cool. i pretty much need this.

shift dress

this black and tan dress is so simple and chic. just an easy, fun look.

blog*love
in this post, Lily of "Lily Says Go" is pretty much wearing the outfit that i want to wear every day this fall. so gorgeous.

insta*love
my favorite man and my favorite girl on our nightly evening walk. so sweet.

what are you loving this week???

xoxo, two birds

17 comments:

  1. good for you for using the elliptical at 5 am! and I LOVE parenthood! and I love that you celebrate half birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW the grey hooded dress is amazing dear, I love it!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that anchor scarf and the two tone boots.

    I think that's awesome that you guys celebrate half-birthdays and mark their height each time! How fun. And yes, cleaning out the house is definitely like ripping off a band-aid - it feels so good when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I'm loving that chevron dress!

    Yay for fall tv...it's so nice having something good on tv every night again :)

    Thanks so much for the blog love shout out!!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Chicnova Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for half birthdays! I should have celebrated mine when I was growing up, having a birthday around Thanksgiving is tough when you're a kid, a half birthday would have put it in the spring! Much better, lol.

    I love that new Inspiration Monday logo! And the two birds button too. I need to start adding buttons to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing post!!! :)

    Would you like to follow each other?!! :)

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's too funny. My younger son's half birthday was yesterday too and he told me as soon as he woke up: "Mom! I'm 7 1/2!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. O mY gOOdnEss, so much to say! Thank you for the mention. So fun to see them up and getting grabbed! I joined Lily! Already have Sharon. Loved ALL of these ideas, thanks for sharing. The full skirt looks just like a skirt my Mom owned when I was a youngster. Hers was trimmed in brown and had green and brown random dots on it. (ya, ask me what I wore yesterday - and I can't tell ya). That poncho, you are gonna kill me, I had one in high school. operative word: HAD! sorry - but PLEASE have a marvelous day darlings....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, so many lovelies this week! Wow! That skirt!! Totally Sound of Music- like the one Maria wears for the Lonely Goatherd scene in the film! I love your family picture, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the first dress ^^

    New post - Kisses ♥
    http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could totally see myself spinning around a la Julie Andrews in that maxi skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That hooded dress is pretty amazing, and the Lulu's dress is my favorite shape to wear - flattering but still a little loose fitting. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh - I DEFINITELY *need* that grey hooded dress too!
    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never heard of Lily Says Go, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What! A hooded dress?! That just sounds like the most comfortable thing ever! I think I'd live in it. Love those cute, fun pillows too.

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. As per usual I love all these things! Especially that anchor scarf and that chevron dress!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete