Wednesday, October 17, 2012

love*birds: 10.17.12

things i am loving this week:
~ our lovely mama's birthday is tomorrow. she has been a fabulous mom since 1970!! (and her first child was born in 1968. heyoooo.) kidding, our sister was born in 1970, and our mom is seriously pretty wonderful. happy almost birthday, mom!
~ the kids have a long weekend – five days to be exact. they get to do fun things like go bowling, go to the orchard and visit grandma and grandpa. lucky kids!
~ these few days of a minnesota heat wave. yes, you heard me right. it was a whopping 55 degrees when i woke up this morning. and this time of year, that's pretty balmy!
~ my deck of cards workouts. my friends and i have been doing this great card workout. it kicks my butt (literally), but it's so energizing! yesterday, i even pulled out the princess-shaped cards to use!
~ my book group. it's been a while since i've been able to make it to book group, but i went on monday and had the best time. i think we even talked about the book for a while!!
~ veggie sliders. ok, this is a weird one. but when we were kids, my grandma used to love white castle. we would buy 100 for every birthday celebration. i haven't eaten a white castle hamburger in probably 28 years, but i found some "veggie sliders" at target the other day. i can't wait to try them!

and here are some other things we are loving this week.

megan bird

double wrap chunky bracelet
you don't even need to layer on the stacks of bracelets with this. this is all you need. i love the extra large chain link and the beautiful turquoise.


kimono maxi dress
i love this dress. it looks like high fashion, but i bet it would feel like you're wearing pajamas! i also love the off-the-shoulder look.


tilcara
it's like modern day red riding hood...without grandma getting eaten. i love this hooded coat. the one button sold it for me!


fringe cowgirl boots
i would kick some serious butt in these boots. or go line dancing. or just sit at home and look at my beautiful new boots. of option three is most plausible. but i might learn how to line dance if i had these. does the electric slide count?


cream and gold dress
i know it's getting chillier here, but i love this dress to much not to feature it. plus, you can wear cream (or white) in the winter...can't you just see this dress paired with a blazer, riding boots and some fun tights? done and done!

blog*love
it was rachel's (Rachel the Hat) 200th post the other day, and she is celebrating by wearing the most adorable cat sweater and flowy skirt. seriously, i love the whole outfit!

insta*love
bonfire
some friends had a bonfire last weekend, and it gave me the perfect opportunity to do some fall layering. hint: a vintage faux fur vest is not the best thing to wear to a bonfire. 1. they are highly flammable, and 2. they will smell like bonfire until you wash them...and no, you're not supposed to wash them, but i did. (luckily it didn't get ruined!)

nora bird


feather headband

i wear a headband almost every day. and i am pretty sure i need to add a hot pink, feather headband to my repertoire. love this!


my little sister is in the market for a southwest print cardigan. while trying to help her find one i happened upon this cute number. i think i may have to snatch it up before she gets it!


my kids haven't started losing teeth yet (okay, one of them doesn't even have teeth yet!) but i really want this pillow for when they do! so flippin' adorable.


these shoes are so sweet! i can picture them with a girly mini dress or just with a pair of jeans and a tee. they would make any outfit a bit more special!


this necklace is so gorgeous. such a statement! i would love to wear it.

blog*love
i adore the print of the dress that becky of Minn Chic is wearing in this post. even more awesome is that she is wearing the dress as a shirt. i would never have guessed! i love when clothes can be worn in more than one way!

insta*love
two birds
a pic of megan bird and i after the fashion show that we helped style on saturday. we had so. much. fun.

what are you loving this week???

xoxo, two birds

22 comments:

  1. That double wrap bracelet and mary jane flats are so cute, totally want them! Happy birthday to your mom tomorrow! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing my little tooth fairy cottage on your lovely blog!

    xo
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those flats! Love. And Megan, I've been admiring your dedication (and creativity) to your work outs via Instagram. Love the idea of the deck of cards work out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MEA break, I'm so jealous of your kids Megan! And I love the idea of your deck of cards workout, I think I need to try it!

    Nora, I loved Becky's post with that dress as a shirt too! And I love those two toned shoes you found!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deck of cards workout...I am intrigued.
    Per usual, I want many things from your list! Especially the mary janes and the red riding hood jacket. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it is actually warmer by you than it is here! It was 45 this morning, brr.

    I love that gold and turquoise bracelet, gorgeous!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    1000 Followers Giveaway Extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want the red jacket and the mary janes. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that cream dress! it would be so cute with tights and boots! and yeah for a long weekend! and happy birthday to your mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOOOOVE that maxi dress! And Happy early birthday to your mother! :)

    Cute pic of you two after the fashion show :)

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    Rachel’s Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday to your mom! you two have a lot to look forward too. i am such a red riding hood fan. love that red cape/jacket.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um I want that little red ridding hood jacket! so cute!!! :) I hope your mom has a lovely birthday tomorrow!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha, how funny, I was wearing this EXACT Joy Louche cat sweater yesterday as well, that Rachel was wearing!!!! Except I teamed it with black trousers and a star print blouse, not as cute as Rachel (couldn't be bothered to post it!) That feather headband is gorgeous, I'd love that too! Buy buy buy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh man I wish I had a five day weekend. Kids have all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these posts! I always find something new to covet.

    I'm interested in finding out more about this deck of cards workout...

    ReplyDelete
  15. of COURSE those boots are a size 6!! :( never fails. oh well. they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That little red riding hood jacket is so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful choices! Thanks very much for including my feather headband on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. the choices are awesome and very inspiring! Thanks for sharing! I love it so much

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. i cant even tell you how much i love you girls.. seriously.. *big virtual hugs* thanks you for the blog love , i feel honoured!
    That cream dress is so gorgeous, i have recently been eyeing up a cream dress too even though its winter!And those two tone mary janes are so dreamy...love!
    Happy birthday to your mama! She must be one cool lady as she brought you two lovely girls in to the world;)! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy birthday to your mom! she's the same horoscope as i am. the instas are always my faves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want that southwestern sweater...did anybody buy it yet? I see a man at work who has one like it and I told him that he can wrap it up for xmas for me. He's like 80 years old. Great stuff...very funny post. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete