Wednesday, October 10, 2012

love*birds: 10.10.12 (think pink)

things i am loving this week:
~ megan and i have been asked to style a fashion show this weekend and we couldn't be more excited! it is going to be seriously awesome and so much fun!
~ my baby boy has started smiling and it warms my heart every time i see it.
~ the battle rounds on The Voice. man, there are some great singers on that show!
~ squash. we got a ton in our CSA box and i have been experimenting with different recipes this week and they have all turned out deliciously!

and, in honor of breast cancer awareness month, here are a few pink things that we are loving this week...

nora bird

i am sort of obsessed with this necklace. it is just really cool. and i think it has to be mine.


this is such a fun vintage dress! pink with sequins? sign me up!


seriously, how cute are these? i love the sweet bow detail and the unexpected little fish bone charm!


i want to wear these and pretend i am a ballerina! so cute and so cozy, too!


these are the kind of pants that i dream about being able to pull off. i'm not quite sure i can, but i might have to try!

blog*love
i love the fun and unexpected mix of items in this ensemble that Marlen of Messages on a Napkin put together. oh, and the story about her smuggling vintage past her mom had me cracking up!

insta*love
mimi and i had so much fun at the apple orchard last weekend with megan and her kids. it was cold freezing, but so much fun!

megan bird
pink cape
i love the swing shape and bright color of this cape. it would spruce up any cold minnesota day!

pink faux fur cocoon wrap
i want this, i need this, i have to have this. i love faux fur, especially pink faux fur. this looks the coziest, too!

pink cowgirl boots
should i get these? seriously, they are my size. i love them. should i get them? i need someone else to tell me what to do!!!

pink crossbody canvas bag
i have been looking for a crossbody bag that is roomy and cute. this might be it. plus, a pop of pink in a purse is perfect (alliteration intended)!

paris in pink print
y'all need to check out this site. there are some of the prettiest photos all with this romantic, dreamy pink hue. i love this idea!!

blog*love
robin from Frannie Pantz is looking great in her pink skinnies in this post. i love that she is wearing these vibrant springy colors at the beginning of fall. plus, who looks that great in a pair of skinny jeans??? (robin does.)

insta*love
searching for apples
as nora mentioned, we took our kiddos to the apple orchard last weekend. they had the best time searching for apples and (illegally) climbing trees to pick them!

and (sorry i couldn't just pick one)
jumpy slide
eva and i had a girls' date on sunday...i caught this great action shot as she was bouncing down the slide. it just looks fun, doesn't it?

what are you loving this week???

xoxo, two birds

22 comments:

  1. Get the boots! Seriously, you need them!

    I'm loving big, comfy sweaters this week...and pj's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that pink cape! and how fun that you get to style a fashions show! I want to hear about it next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna need to find a reason to wear those pink legwarmers because they are too cute!
    Sea and Swank

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that I like pink but it's not one of my favorite colors! Not to use everyday!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink collar necklace and pink cape! Great picks! And OHHH how exciting can't wait to hear more about styling this fashion show! You will have to share pics if you can :)

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    Rachel’s Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice to do pink this month! I love all of this... especially those high waisted pants. I wonder if I can pull them off!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I found your blog from a friend and I went to visit! I loved your post and I am going to stay on top of all the news!
    I hope my blog:

    www.todacharmosa.com

    If you want to follow me I'll be very happy! ♥ hugs..

    Instangram @pathyamorinha
    http://facebook.com/blogtodacharmosa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Styling a fashion show?? How exciting! You guys will be great! Where is it?

    Loving all the pink you found!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely get the pink cowboy boots! Then I can see how you style them to give me ideas for mine :) That is so cool that you're styling a fashion show!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Jewelry Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet, the pink post for breast cancer month! :) I love the instragram of the slide, and that pink cocktail dress is to die for as well as that pink cape!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pint necklace and pink pants! So cute!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a dangerous post for my wallet - that collar! that cape! those leg warmers! They're all calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that pink vintage dress has my name written all over it! I need it in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We went to that same apple orchard the other week too. I had to climb the trees to get some apples too. It was fun, I felt like a kid again :)

    Yes. Get the pink cowboy boots. I would love to be able to pull off a pair, but seeing them on you would be just as cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Megan I laugh everytime I look at that awesome photo of Eva with her hair standing straight up while sliding down. What a fantastic pic. Needs framing. I chuckled at the pink leg warmer comment about pretending to be a ballerina...too funny. They are seriously cute though. Great pink stuff this week. I can't wait to hear about your styling that fashion show...congrats. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's awesome you two will be styling a fashion show this weekend! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pink party dress looks like the one in Back to the Future (the prom scene). The pink high pants and white shirt look like the pants I wore in the 80's when I worked at American Express (had to always dress nice for nobody -- nobody saw us but co-workers, lame) But I did love those pants then.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for pink! I love those pink pants and you could def pull them off Nora! And Megan, I think you should get the faux fur and the cowgirl boots! Very cute.

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the pink things! That's great that you guys are doing a fashion show, can't wait to hear about that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the pink colar!! and congrats :-)
    Beijos, Ana
    Ana In Style INPINK Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, that is so exciting that you two get to style a fashion show, I really hope you post pictures of it, I would love to see the looks you come up with. (It sounds like a ton of fun.)

    Those last two pictures are adorable, going to the apple orchard sounds like quite a fun day trip. (Blueberry picking is about the closest we have to that up here but kids always like putting stuff in baskets, so it's all good. ^_^)

    ReplyDelete