Tuesday, September 11, 2012

outfit of the day(bird): hello, pizza?




sweater ~ b. (a resale shop)
shorts ~ Marshalls
necklace ~ F21
earrings ~ Kohls
bracelets ~ garage sale

for the purpose of not embarrassing anyone, i won't mention any names while i tell this story. just know that it is true. 100% true. a few years ago, a small group was at the tail end of a bachelorette party, and we had rented a hotel room downtown so we wouldn't have to drive home (or even use our energy to get a cab). we had the hotel stocked with pedialite, gatorade and advil....all must-haves to prevent the horrible-ness that could be the next day. so it was 2:15am, we were all back at the hotel, jammies on, makeup off, drinking our pedialite like the adults that we were. and one of the girls insisted that we get a pizza.

now, none of us wanted a pizza. 1. we knew that by the time our pizza came, it was most likely that we would all be passed out. and, 2. we knew we'd feel bad enough the next day already, so why make ourselves feel worse by eating greasy cheese at 3 in the morning? so it was pretty unanimous...six nos and one yes. unfortunately, the one yes was adamant that we get the pizza. we knew she would pass out soon, and we tried to reason with her, but she wasn't having it. she wanted her pizza and she wanted it now. 

i finally realized that if we just pretended to order a pizza, she would probably give up and pass out. so, like any normal human being, i picked up the hotel phone, and in my best game show robotic voice, i said, 'beep boop bop boop beep boop beep. hello, pizza?", and sure enough, her head hit the pillow and our pizza crisis was averted.

sometimes beer makes a genius out of us, but only if the person with you is drinking, too!

xo,
megan bird

29 comments:

  1. Ha ha I think we've all had nights like that.
    I love how you've mixed your textures & those earrings look great with the rest of the outfit xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! And so sneaky...love it! Lovin' that necklace :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did that same thing once with an old roommate. Except it wasn't just pizza she wanted, it was panzerotti - a deep-fried calzone. There was NO way I was going to let that get delivered to us at 3am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan you are killing it with those shorts. What "it" is I will never know but you look beautiful and sexy today. I have to go workout now...dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, that is hilarious. In fact, I think I'm going to borrow that tactic in the fiture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahahaha that story is hilarious. hello PIZZA?!?! yes! we want pizza. also you look FABULOUS those shorts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is really funny! and you look HOT! : ) love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a hilarious story. And your shorts are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh! Looooooove those shorts!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a hilarious story! You look hot in those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha what a funny story! I probably would've been the one to want the pizza. I'm ALWAYS up for pizza :) Love those edgy leather shorts with the heels!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ow ow, you are rocking those shorts lady! Hot mama!

    Love that story, that is hilarious. Isn't it funny how the same techniques that work with small children can work with drunk people? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your knit and necklace! You look so chic :)

    xoxo,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are looking stunning! Haha, your story made me laugh because I sort of remember something very similar happening to me! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the necklace, and now I kind of want pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those shorts - awesome! That's a pretty funny story, especially because I remember ordering pizza to a swank hotel downtown after a bachelorette party once, and most of the girls did in fact pass out by the time it got there - so we ate it for breakfast instead!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's so funny! It's hard to pass up on that late night food, but I always regret it in the morning! Love your sweater! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahahaha that is an awesome story! I do things like that to my husband when we're drunk (which is not often enough! haha) cause he always gets hungry but falls asleep before eating!

    that is an amazing outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. looking good in those shorts lady! I've never had beer make me any smarter but I have had it make me want pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweaters, shorts, and heels ... and a really cool necklace. :) Practically perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love that sweater/shirt, the color is fabulous and i can just feel the texture
    loving that necklace too
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha! Phony phone call! Can't wait until you figure out natural shampoo and conditioner! I'm totally interested! I tried the baking soda thing for a whole month and after that I couldn't take it any more...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm amazed you had the awareness to think it thru that far. great job drinkers, great job. hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  24. haha genius! Drinking makes you super smart lol! and how awesome is this outfit. You have killer legs there rocking these amazing shorts!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Baha - that is a really good idea - even for when people are insistent on drinking more (they likely don't know the difference between capt and coke and just coke) - Love this look - those shorts are HOT! Ugh and would you mind sending me the deets on this weekend's meet up? I seem to have lost the email like a bad blogger buddy :( Thanks girl!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am definitely the girl insisting on pizza in this story. Every time I go out drinking with friends I am begging them to take me to Taco Bell or get me something greasy. I love that you made a fake phone call and she was out like a light. :D You look so cute! Love that necklace. Hope Nora and baby are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. HA-HA this is the greatest story. I can see one of my friends in particular doing this. OR I can see myself doing this (being the one to pass out that is). Love this outfit!!! That top is so cute!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is hilarious and very inventive indeed! What a great idea! I love your sweater!

    ReplyDelete