Tuesday, September 18, 2012

minnesota blogger meet-up

if you follow us on facebook or instagram (@meglets, @mrsbeyers), then you may have seen and heard about the little blogger meet-up that we hosted at my house last weekend. it was a blast! the day could not have been more beautiful and the company could not have been more fun. i have honestly made some really terrific friends from blogging (both in real life and online), and it's always so fun to put voices to the pictures and words that i read every day.

it was a very relaxed party. everyone brought a snack and a drink to share and we all hung out on our newly finished patio. it was like we'd all known each other forever....we joked and laughed, and of course, took pictures of our shoes!



a few great local shops sponsored the event. Ethique Nouveau gave us some beautiful door prizes to hand out, including that gorgeous scarf and necklace. there was also a fabulous scented candle and some fun socks!




A Little Bird on Grand was also kind enough to donate a few items from her loveley shop. she included bracelets, handmade soap (shaped like cute birds!), and candles. she even gift wrapped each prize and handwrote a note to each person.


Sweets Bakeshop donated the cutest, yummiest mini cupcakes. they were almost too cute to eat, but i'm glad i did because they are even more tasty than they are cute!!


lindsey and nora did their best poses while chelsea looked on.


and lori had threw in a pose, too in between becky and rachel.


the aforementioned shoe party


and a small purse get together on the stairs

jennifer, chelsea, lindsey, becky, kimi, christine, lori, beth, erin, rachel, nora, megan (not pictured: heather and jill)

and after a small mishap where i almost lost my camera, here is a picture of most of the beautiful ladies who came.

thanks to all who came. it was such a fun day, and so nice to see and meet you all! we must do it again, soon!

xoxo,
two birds


30 comments:

  1. Sad face I didn't make the pictures :( My own fault for having to leave so early! Great meeting you birds :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it was such a blast...and you all look fabulous!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is that! I love hanging out with bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics and it looks like a brilliant get together.

    Why don't we live closer??????

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun!! I wish I lived closer so I could have gone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sad I missed out on the fun! Looks like a fun day. Can't wait until the next one.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll need to have another mertup soon. Thanks for putting this one together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so much fun!! Thank you again Megan and Nora! Can't wait for the next one! And thanks for the pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a lot of fun... and I really need to work on my face while posing.... Tyra would be ashamed...
    Thanks Birdies!! Can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like great fun! I hope not to be out of town next time there is a get-together.

    P.S. I saw some indoor photos on Instagram, I love how you decorated your house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here I am complaining that there's no Minnesota meet-ups and you guys are meeting right in my own backyard (well not literally, but I'm in St. Paul, so kind of)!! I really need to get in the know! Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was a super fun time! Next time, I need to not sit in the sun and drink a bit less :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yaaaay! Thanks so much for all the hard work ladies! We need to do it again soon when wedding season is over so I don't have to dip out early!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like such a fun event! Glad you ladies were able to get together! The purse picture is darling!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats on your successful meetup! getting to know wonderful people is definitely one of the best things about blogging. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow...I really like the content of your post. .thanks a lot for showing it to me...keep it up . .love it..
    natural gas compressor

    ReplyDelete
  17. So bummed I couldn't make it! I'll be there for round 2 though for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a brilliant meet-up! We managed to get five of us together a fortnight ago and had the best fun ever. I've never met a blogger I didn't like! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh how fun
    looks like everyone enjoyed it
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks so fun! Wish I lived closer!

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww this looks like a really fun and casual time with a bunch of well-dressed, beautiful gals! Sounds like a total blast!

    ReplyDelete
  22. awwhh the photos are so lovely and cute!! looks like you had an amazing time :) thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great party - it looks like such fun, girl time is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw looks like so much fun! So bummed I had to miss out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh so much fun! oh that is so motivating! i want to come next year (im in Utah) but whatever! So many fun faces and dresses and gorgeous attitudes - loved seeing all the pics and reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That sounds like so much fun! I wish more bloggers lived here

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like you had a blast! Sadly there are NO other bloggers remotely near me so I suppose Ill throw myself a blogger pity party lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. HOw great! I think I met Chelsea during a Seattle blogger get-together! I love the collected bags and shoe pic! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, I feel like I missed out. This is so great. I wonder if any new jersey bloggers out there would want to meet up!! Hello? Anyway, Megan your house, patio, dress, decor...all adorably hand picked by you is so fitting for your personality. Love the purse photo. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like so much fun! I would so love to join next time! I am a fellow Minneapolis blogger too, and been looking for other Minneapolis bloggers! YAHOO!
    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete