Tuesday, September 25, 2012

love*birds: 9.26.12

things i am loving this week:
~ my baby boy is six weeks old today! that is exciting enough on it's own...but it also means i can start taking him to the gym daycare and can get back to working out again! so excited!
~ with the help of my mom, i took both kids thrifting yesterday and got some pretty sweet stuff. i haven't been thrifting in a little while so it was really fun.
~ The New Girl started last night. man, that show is freakin' hilarious.
~ big salads. i had one for lunch and dinner yesterday. i love me a big salad.
~ my sisters. they are constantly making me laugh. i am so lucky to have those four amazing ladies in my life. they are seriously the best.

and here are a few other things we are loving this week...

nora bird

simple. beautiful. want it.


gorgeous! the colors, the stripes! and like the description says, it is a great piece to transition into fall!


loooooooooooove these! who doesn't need a pair of green, fringe wedge booties? (don't answer that.)


seriously? pretty sure ben needs to be a cowboy for halloween. so cute!


i want to wear this next time i go out for a night on the town! or maybe every time. i rarely get to go out on the town so you have to make it special, right?

blog*love
erin of "Babes in Thriftlland" posted this super fun DIY post the other day. what a fun idea! inspired!

insta*love
how cute is this kid and his new hat? love. him.

megan bird
giraffe bracelet
who doesn't love a whimsical piece of jewelry? it's a giraffe, and it's cute, and guess what? it's $1.99! buy one for yourself and for your mom. she'll love it!

vintage chambray wide leg pants
it's like jeans and sweats went to woodstock, had a baby, and made these perfect pants. i love them!!

arrow cardigan
i love the cozy feel and cute arrow screen print of this boyfriend cardigan. plus, chris and i could share it!

two-way crossbody bag
i love how roomy this bag is. and i love that you can wear it two ways...over the body when running to work and over the arm after a grocery haul! more bang for your buck!

vintage boots
people were complaining last week that they only made cute vintage boots in teensy weensy sizes...so i found a bigger size this week. and they are just as cute!!

blog*love
i love the whole outfit that katherine of "Of Corgis and Cocktails" is wearing in this post. the dress, the tights (the tights!), the shoes...it's all so perfect! and then she topped it all off with a sparkler!

insta*love
eva
henry
sorry, i couldn't just pick one this week. when you have two cute pictures of two cute kids loving up the swing ride at the local church fair, you can't just choose one!

what are you loving this week?

xoxo, two birds

17 comments:

  1. I need that giraffe bracelet to match my giraffe necklace!! baby cowboy - yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely inspirations! I love specially the striped skirt
    Kisses
    Aga

    Check my new post
    www.agasuitcase.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six weeks old already? Man the time is flying! Yay for being able to go back to the gym though!

    Gosh you guys find cute things! Megan, I love that giraffe bracelet. They're one of my favorite animals! And Nora, I love that striped pencil skirt! And I love New Girl too - so glad it's back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That giraffe bracelet is so cute! I am totally psyched that New Girl is back too :) And I WISH that all the boots came in teeny sizes since I wear a 4, but alas, that is not the case!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Win a chain link necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirt is my favorite! All great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New Girl is funny! Ben in that hat is truly precious and Megan I love, love the photos of your kiddos on the swing, Henry's face says it all. I love that you and Chris can share the cardi with the arrows...how fun! Great stuff, green boots make me wonder why I don't have green boots! dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ben, what a little stud! Henry and Eva are cute as buttons as always. Thanks for sharing the love for my post! Love you both, let's hang soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how fun! I love Corgis of Cocktails as well, one of my favorite blogs to read! I love New girl as well.... so obvious where they are setting up the show to go, I hope it goes there!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those green fringed booties! So cute! Happy Wednesday :)

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    Rachel’s Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  10. three cheers for big salads and the New Girl. I love that show to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, yes please have him be a cowboy for halloween!!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a bunch and bunch of wonderful things! It's like Oprah and her favorite things but much more cute!!!!! ta-dah! they were all fun -- except those green fringe bootish shoe things -- what the ? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. New Girl is BOMB!! Oh "hey JessKatie" such a great show :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. :D thanks guys!

    i LOVE new girl. seriously. thought i might have gotten really sad over the two episodes from being over emotional and cried.

    haha.

    <3 katherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for including me here! I love all your picks, especially the giraffe bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pink ruffle dress is beyond cute! Want it!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete