Monday, September 3, 2012

inspiration monday: garage sale guy

the inspiration 
jessica hart
megan bird



jeans ~ Target
shoes ~ Urban Original
shirt ~ thrifted
earrings ~ Dots

there are two people that nora and i call "garage sale guy". both are men who we see at almost every garage sale we go to. one is a man that i have known for a long time, and one is someone that we don't know at all, but see all the time. the way we differentiate between the two is that we sometimes call the latter, "penis garage sale guy (pgsg)". you see, one day a few years ago, nora and i had our own garage sale, and pgsg showed up, fly down, no underwear. it wasn't great, and he will now forever be known to us a pgsg.

pgsg is a ruthless garage sale shopper. the kids and i went to a few garage sales this weekend, and we happened to see pgsg (luckily that day, we were fortunate enough to just call him garage sale guy). we were shopping around, and i saw a big metal easel that i thought would be cool to display something or other at the wedding. so i picked it up and walked around with it for a while. it got to be quite heavy, so i put it down next to me and was sorting through boy's clothes when i heard pgsg ask, "how much is this?" and before i knew it, he had bought the easel. now i know i put it down, so rules of the garage sale state that it wasn't mine. but i also know that he had seen me walking around with it and rules of life would say that he could have asked if i was still interested in it. but i guess in his commando way of life, he prefers the garage sale rules over common decency. 

so next time i am at a garage sale with pgsg, i will make sure not to put anything down (unless it's a pair of men's underwear).

happy monday and happy labor day to all of our us readers!

xo,
megan bird

24 comments:

  1. Eurhgh, how did he not know his fly was down?!?!! How how!?!?! Yuck! And do you know, I had a similar experience in a camping shop (not the P bit) but over putting something down- there was a brilliant Vango rucksack in the sale and some wretched kid's parent picked it up and they didn't let go of it after they'd grabbed it. I stalked for a good 15 minutes to see if they'd discard. The kid didn't even want it but they were trying to persuade him. Grr, he didn't deserve it!
    You look cool! Rawwwwww, love your wolf t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look cute! Love the shoes, and you had the exact pants!I almost had a pair like them that I found at the Salvation Army, but they were too big.. funny for me to say. I have had many garage sale experiences like this.
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! I'm pretty sure I would've kicked him out of my garage sale after he exposed himself (and probably called the cops too, ha).

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my jewelry giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really really loving this look on you. Excellent choice of Inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewww! That guy sounds gross! You look pretty awesome in those jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the inspo outfit, and your outfit.. super nice! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. You crack me up - I'm glad when you saw him this time he was just plain "garage sale guy" because ew. Just ew.

    Love the shoes! And the pants look great, I tried on a pair like that this weekend and decided I couldn't quite pull them off, but you do quite well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH GOSH. Haha that is just unfortunate. Where do these people come from?? What a jerk, I'd be pissed if he stole my easel.
    Anyway, you totally nailed this!! You have the exact pair of jeans, thats awesome. I love your shoes too. Way more than hers. Love your take.

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yuck! I guess gentleman would not be a way to describe him! Beware!

    You look amazing, those are some serious shoes girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha--that story is great! Also, I'm totally in love with your shirt. Great thrift find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the inspiration - that rocker vibe is too cool, and I LOVE those shoes!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not cool, PGSG, not cool. He definitely needs to learn the rules of life.

    Love the inspiration outfit you chose! I'm incredibly jealous that you actually found jeans that are so similar...maybe they're still at Target!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am SO crushing on those wedges! I love this edgy yet chic look. Definitely one of my favorites of yours!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gah, is it possible that the PGSG has a thing for you or Nora? This time it sounds like he's stalkin' you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely need me a pair of animal printed jeans. Love!:) Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no! PGSG stinks! Sorry about that.
    You look great Meg! Youre wearing those pants well. Im a fan of the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice shoes! :-) Thank you for your comment on my blog!
    *schuhReich*

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look awesome!! i love those pants!! I've been wanting to bust mine out again now that fall is basically here! xoxo linds http://www.rubygirlblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Megan you look smokin! Love your shoes, they are perfect for this 80's inspired look. I love penis garage sale guy. Hysterical that you two birds came up with that name. He is a penis for snatching up that easel. Rob and i use that word a lot. It's better than dick for some reason. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Megan, you look amazing in these shots (and those leopard jeans.) I actually returned those exact jeans last Wednesday before I saw the inspiration Monday picture as luck would have it.

    Sorry about pgsg and the easel...he should have at least asked if you still wanted it. He did flash you after all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. megan, girl you are looking foxy! that guy sounds disgust. :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. you look great! love your pants!

    Please, support my up and coming blog about life and fashion in LA on Bloglovin. Let me know in the comments and I will follow back ;)

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haaaaaaaaaaa!

    I missed this post earlier and just now caught it and I am so glad i did! O - my - gawshshshsh.

    That would have been WAR in my neck of the woods. I would have rounded up witnesses and such and kick his bare p to the curb. What the nerve, heck and gall? That is completely wrong. What a jerk! Underpants or no underpants! hahahaha.

    I'm kidding!

    But I did enjoy reading about what happened and you wrote it well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hahaha, I love that garage sale story ...enough to stop lurking for a minute and comment :).

    ReplyDelete