Wednesday, August 29, 2012

love*birds: 8.29.12

things i am loving this week:
~ baby ben is two weeks old today! happy birthday baby ben!
~ my two kids! i am the mother of two...so crazy. and i love it. i love my little family.
~ jim. he has been so helpful and supportive these past two weeks. i seriously have changed maybe (maybe) ten diapers in the last two weeks. and that is only the first item on the list of why he is the most amazing husband ever. i could go on and on...
~ hearing mimi say, "my baby brother." so sweet.
~ sleep. i don't get much of it these days, but the little i do get is so glorious!
~ Pretty Little Liars. i have started watching this show during late night feedings and have become obsessed. total guilty pleasure. i finished the first season last night and am excited to start season two!

and here are a few other things we are loving this week...

nora bird

i love a good tote. and this one is made of recycled materials which makes it that much cooler! i love the original geometric screen printed design. just a great carryall.


this vintage dress is so gorgeous. so classic yet so fun! (polka dots make everything more fun!) and it looks to be in amazing condition. so lovely.


jim and i are both huge fans of coffee (yum!) so this would be the perfect print to hang in our kitchen. these little guys are so cute! i just love it!


with fall right around the corner i have started to think about layers (yay!). this cape would be perfect for throwing on over some skinny jeans, boots and a basic tee. in. love.


these handmade, clay beads are so beautiful. this necklace just makes me happy and i would love to wear it all the time!

blog*love
i have been doing a horrible job of keeping up with blogs the past couple of weeks (i am so sorry everyone! i will return to reading them all very soon! i miss you!) but i happened to see this recipe on Smitten Kitchen today and i must try it asap. yum!

insta*love
i got to go to target all by myself the other day. it was wonderful. and when i got home i saw jim doing some yard work with ben. such a sweet sight to see! i told you he was amazing, right?

megan bird
mid century plant stand
i will have one of these some day. i am on the hunt for a small round plant stand to replace a table in a hidden corner of our living room. i don't have the greenest thumb when it comes to indoor plants, but maybe if i had this cute stand, i would do better!

silver sparkle vintage maxi skirt
how is this skirt not in my closet? i love it! sparkles, pleats and a maxi? now if only i had the model's body...

sweatshirt dress
just for the heck of it, i searched "sweatshirt dress" on etsy...and boy am i glad i did? sweatshirts and dresses are like the fashion peanut butter and chocolate. they are meant to go together and are oh so comforting!! add the cute little birdcage and it's a yes!!

spike necklace
i saw a similar necklace to this the other day when i was reading a very mature and educational magazine (ok, it was US Weekly). either way, some star who is just like us was wearing it and i fell in love, and now i found an affordable one. yay!

anne michelle fringe bootie
for as many boots as i own, i don't believe any of them include fringe. this needs to change. that's all.

blog*love
cara over at I Dabble has the cutest little diy for adding a little sparkle to your hair accessories! so easy and so doable...i might have to try this myself!!

insta*love
transparent
the kids and i had the best date day last weekend. part of the date consisted of visiting the minnesota-famous sculpture garden and it's oh so fun "transparent" mirror. we were all amazed!

what are you loving this week???

xoxo, two birds

18 comments:

  1. Holy moly, I pretty much want everything in this roundup. That poncho is killing me with its awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you Nora! Glad things are going well!

    I want that coffee print. End of story, lol.

    And Megan, I agree - sweatshirt + dress = best thing ever! If only it would cool down again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nora so glad to hear that you are doing so well. Take your time, sounds like your Jim is the bomb diggity of husbands. Anyway, that ombre necklace is gorgeous and the poncho is super hip. Enjoying the photos of baby ben via instagram too. Megan, I have no fringe on any of my boots either. Maybe we could diy some fringe on a pair. Love the plant stand, I use one out front with the metal cup holders to fill with bird seed. I did curbside one like the one you posted and gave it away...sorry. I gave it to my neighbor and when I went over to visit her she had the most adorable, colorful pots on it...why did I give it away? Loving your instagrams too. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That polka dot dress and those booties are amazing! Also, I am loving that mid century plant stand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE pretty little liars!! I watched them all this summer - it is addicting! :) and that polka dot dress is adorable and i want that bird cage sweatshirt dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my heavens above...I definitely need that coffee identifier print.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many things to love in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout out ladies - I would love to make you a pair! Actually I am going to pin that ombre necklace. I have a TON of sculpey that needs a purpose.

    Loving those fringe boots, the geometric tote and that poncho is amazing for fall! Great picks and things happening for you gals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness!

    that cape is fantastic!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the simplicity of the ombre necklace! And the poncho is amazing. Happy birthday to Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw your hubby is too cute doing yard work with the baby!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, I want that polka dot dress! And the picture of jim doing yard work with the baby... precious!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's good to hear from you, Nora! I'm glad your hubby is being amazing and helping out so much with Ben. I just caught an episode of PLL the other day and I think I'm hooked!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my jewelry giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet, sweet husband you have! Such a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like Jim's idea of multi-tasking - baby time and yard work. :) I love the tote bag - I've realized that I'd like a cute small-ish tote, but I'm trying to resist buying one ... I've decided to make one instead.
    The plant stand is splendid - and maybe if the plants don't fare so well you could use it to display a few pretty vintage books? The sweatshirt dress is so cozy, too. I couldn't wear it much here, but it's hard to resist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite love of your loves is the photo of Jim and the baby doing yard work. So sweet.

    Followed closely, mind you, by the spike necklace, that awesome poncho and the polka dot dress. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my god sweatshirt dress! yes! and your hubby doing yardwork while holding baby is awesome!

    ReplyDelete