Thursday, August 2, 2012

love*birds: 8.1.12

things i am loving this week:
~ it is august! my due date month!
~ long walks. now that i can't really work out as vigorously as i like, i been taking one every morning. and a short one again at night with my family. just lovely.
~ chocolate shakes, one of which i am drinking right now. yum! good thing i have been taking those walks!
~ it has finally been nice enough to have our windows open instead of using the a/c, which i love!
~ i am so close to having a glass of wine, i can taste it!

and here are a few other things we are loving this week...

nora bird

the circus tent print on this dress is so awesome! plus the cut and shape of it would be flattering on anyone. i love it!


this clutch looks to be in immaculate vintage condition. and the colors are just gorgeous! perfect for a fancy night on the town!


seriously, how adorable is this pendant? so adorable! pretty sure i have to have this.


i seriously want one of these to hang in my bedroom and one for my kids' room! love the chevron, love the heart and love the quote!


this headband is sure to make a glamorous statement! so much fun!

blog*love
this list about motherhood and sure to make all of you moms (and maybe even you non-moms) out there laugh. it sure made me giggle.

insta*love

we had some dear friends in town over the weekend so we hosted a little bbq on sunday night. we all have two-year-old kids and it is so fun to see them play and interact with one another. plus, they are all pretty darn cute!

megan bird

70s rainbow sundress
as i type, i am trying to rationalize why i have to buy this dress. first person to come up with a really great excuse gets my undying love!

80s graffiti high-waisted pants
it's so nice to see the 80s come back with some panache! i love these pants...the colors, the high waist, the colors, the cut. did i mention the colors?

better than your boyfriend's cardigan
it has pockets, an asymmetrical closure and elbow patches. i really do think this is better than your boyfriend's cardigan!

70s spanish dancer boots
a pair of vintage boots with teeny little bows on the back! these are boots after my own heart!

kitchen art chevron prints
i hadn't read nora's picks before i chose mine. i guess we are both loving chevrons this week! these pictures happen to match many of the walls in my house. i could definitely see them hanging in my kitchen!

blog*love
i want to steal jessi's pants from this post. and her hair. seriously, her hair! check out her blog, Haircut and General Attitude for more great posts!


insta*love
grandma spoils us!
grandma bought the kids a huge jumpy waterslide last week. i am not sure if it hold the weight of an adult, but i might have to try it out. you've got to love summer!

what are you loving this week?

xoxo,
two birds

21 comments:

  1. Walks are the best, and so are chocolate shakes :) Hope you get your glass of wine soon!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow I bet they like their new slide

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to go on a jumpy water slide, seriously it looks like so much fun. I love the love art print, it's so sweet and cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wine time is close Nora!!! I love that clutch and the striped dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get that glass of wine soon Nora! Although chocolate shakes are a good substitute in my opinion!

    Megan, that slide looks fun, I want to try it too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your month is here! You will be sipping that wine before you know it. And I'm terribly jealous of that waterslide. Just sayin'.

    And I might need that binoculars necklace AND the asymmetrical cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting that this month is your due date!! :] I love the circus print dress and cute binocular necklace.

    Megan - You have to try out that jumpy waterslide :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kids at the tiny picnic table is such a cute photo! Love that.

    YAY for due-date month!!! So close :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will drink a glass (or two) of wine for you tonight Nora. I hope those chocolate shakes induce labor. Not that I ever heard that chocolate induces labor, just hope that in your case, it does.

    And the excuse to buy that dress? You are throwing a carnival themed birthday party for one of your children? :)

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw these are so much fun.... Haha Nora, so close! You gotta make it a good bottle :) I am in love with that three-ring dress and going to be with that shop! I love those chevron pictures for the kitchen!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that necklace and the rainbow 70's dress - awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those Spanish dancer boots had me at hello! They are gorgeous gorgeous.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, thanks for the spotlight! You're so sweet! I love that three ring dress and all the chevron. And Megan, you should definitely try out the slide! I would :)

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cardigan! Love it, want it, need it!

    OOOO, hold on to the 10th? Okay, okay, I won't wish that on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy due date month! so exciting...

    I love that art print!! i may try to make that.

    xo everything-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the binoculars! I've been making lots of necklaces in a similar style lately, and I'm loving the simplicity of a chain and a charm.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok those dancing boots have my name written all over them in black permanent sharpie marker. the kids photos are always my faves, & i so want to see if that air water slide would hold my weight. wheeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Megan you should buy the dress simply because of its raging awesomeness!
    Nora, I love that art print, I have such a crush on chevrons at the moment. And that clutch bag is simply divine.
    Keep taking those walks!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh the chevron is so lovely in both of your posts. I added chevron pillows as a touch to my new nook. Megan that rainbow dress speaks to me, I just bought it! Just kidding! Wow, some really great stuff this week ladies and Jessi is adorable. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing my list about Motherhood with your readers!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete