Thursday, July 26, 2012

outfit of the night(bird): choose my own adventure

i mentioned yesterday that i am going to my reunion this weekend. oddly enough, i didn't obsess too much about what i am going to wear. maybe it's because i am still fairly close with a lot of the people i went to high school with, and i see them on a semi-regular basis. maybe it's because in the age of facebook, we see everyone every day...so there will really be no shocking surprises on the day of the reunion. (shoot.)

i did however, realize that a reunion is as good of an excuse as ever to buy a new dress, so i did just that – a little black number that i figured i could accessorize the hell out of. so i've got the dress, and here's where you come in. help me decide on what accessories i should wear. i can't guarantee that i will wear exactly what you tell me. chris is always complaining that i ask for his opinion and then end up wearing whatever i want anyways. but isn't that a woman's prerogative?

so, here is the dress (it's hard to get detailed pictures of a black dress, but i promise i will take photos of me in it at some point).
front view


scoop back
ok. that's the dress. and i picked two shoe/belt combos...but feel free to mix and match.

(if you like this shoe, then turn to page 187 to see the belt.) (see how i tied in the title of the post there?)

option 1

option 2


option 1...fun and colorful and shiny. i like all of those things. i sometimes feel like a bit of a prostitute in those shoes – not because i sell myself for money, but because i once had a coworker say i looked like a prostitute in those shoes. nice, right? but i do love them, and i love that belt....so that's what really matters.

option 2...fun and colorful without being as shiny. then there's the pattern mixing and the fact that i love my leopard belt. but i also spent a half hour soaking and lotioning and painting my toes last night...that would all go to waste in close-toed shoes.

and then for jewelry. i'm thinking earrings and bracelets for sure, but i'm not so sure about a ring. so again, help me out!!

earrings
sparkly hoops, beaded hoops or cheshire cat grin/hanging fruit bowl earrings?
bracelets
choose one, choose all...i have never been one to shy away from too many bracelets!
rings
i've got big, colorful, shiny, bigger, shinier, or plain. or nothing. you decide.
 so what do you think? (please don't tell me to wear another dress.) but do tell me what shoes, belt, earrings, bracelet(s), and ring (or not) to wear. i sure would appreciate your feedback!!

i then promise to have a drink in your honor while i am celebrating being old with a bunch of old friends!
xo,
megan bird

28 comments:

  1. I would say, Option 2 but with a silverish / greyish belt and colorful rings, earrings and bracelets :)Enjoy your re-union

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have to go with option 1 because those shoes are to die for!!!!
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the number two for the shoes and belt and then lots of bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Option 1 because I'm obsessed with that belt. Sparkly earrings. Either bangles stacked high OR the fun printed ring. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Option 1- I love those shoes!! I also think all of the bangles! Post a picture of what you go with!

    xo everything-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I like option 1 the best! It's going to pop against the black so well! You're going to look great!!

    Choose your own adventure...I loved those books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd go with option 1 since I love the shoes! I'd choose the bangles for the bracelets and I'd forgo the ring.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my Daisy Rae giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to my HS reunion last weekend and I was on my feet most of the time so I'd go for option 1. Those shoes are not only awesome but will give you more stability. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Option 1, prostitutes have more fun! Seriously though, nobody will be wearing those shoes and you will be tall, gorgeous and not for sale. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great options! I've been thinking about how to wear my LBDs and keep it interesting for work when I go back. But for YOU, I like your double bowl earrings so much and I think you should wear those with the two toned heels, bronze belt, a bunch of bracelets, and the black ring. Have fun playing with it!
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! I hate when it is hard to choose because there are great options! Especially with a gorgeous LBD! :) I love the pink shoes though... so fun for summer! I'm also all about the more the better when arm candy, so I say... them ALL! I like the patterned and gold ring too :) What a fun post!

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    Rachel’s Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a fun post, I love the dress you picked out! :) I am going to go against the crowd and go with option number 2. I HEART those shoes, and that belt and with the beaded hoops... love love love. I hope you have a blast!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is tough. I could see the dress looking good with both options but I think I am leaning towards option two. I just love the floral shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like option 2 lol...

    swBeautifulLife.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the second one! great post, following you now hun, i have a new post up, hope you can check it out, thanks! x

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the idea of the classic lbd for an event like a reunion. I think the floral/leopard shoe/belt combination would be really cute. The "hanging fruit bowl" earrings and the flower looking ring might be a cute combination. I don't know about you but I love necklaces; maybe you could consider necklace options too.

    -Mary @ stylethatmoves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well now this is FUN! I think for sure the option #1 belt. And the fruit bowl hanging earrings, the bangles, the plain ring and the pink ring. I am undecided on the shoes!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so fun! Ok, option 1 with all the bangles, sparkly earrings, watch and no rings. Yay. Can't wait to see what you pick! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colorful shoes & accessories!!!

    I'm having a $75.00 gift certificate giveaway on my blog!

    Enter to win :)

    <3 Denise

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hii! Love love your dress! It's amazing! Option 1 for shure! What do you think if we followed eachother? Big kiss

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the lbd dress and nice shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would go with the floral shoes and leopard belt for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those pink shoes are great, but I thiiiink (<-hesitation) I prefer #2 with lots of bracelets and your watch plus the "fruit bowl" earrings. Do share your final decision!

    ReplyDelete
  24. honestly, i'm usually one to say the brighter the better. but for some reason i like the floral heels and animal print belt. and since you'rewearing gold i'd say gold earrings. i like ALL the bracelets cuz you can never have too many. i also like the black flower ring for some reason and maybe one other bright one? you're gonna look great no matter what. and i always ask my hubby then do whatever i want too :)

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish I have one of those in my wardrobe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful!!! nice blog! take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete