Thursday, June 14, 2012

outfit of the day(bird): "mail"pattern baldness




dress ~ c/o eShakti *
shoes ~ BCBG, thrifted
belt ~ thrifted
earrings ~ Kohls

my second job out of college was a great one. i worked there for 11 years, and in that time, the small group of people i worked with became great friends to me. at the most, i think there were only about 12 people who worked in our office. there were other offices, but ours was pretty small. we knew a lot about each other. we were friends. please keep that in mind when reading this post.
our boss was, how shall i say it, follically challenged. he wasn't completely bald, but he was losing his hair. one day, he was on vacation for the week, and a huge package came for him. we signed for it and put it in his office and promptly forgot about it ~ until a few days later when someone needed something from his office and walked in, and noticed some weird gel-like substance oozing from the package.
we all got together to decide what to do. should we leave it? should we open it? we didn't want to infringe on his privacy, but we also didn't want to be contaminating our offices with this unknown, possibly toxic substance. the return address label gave us no indication of what was in the package. the smell of the liquid (to those who were brave enough to get close enough to smell it) was non-telling. we had no idea.
so we decided to open it. safety first, right? 
it was a case of hair-growth shampoo. we were mortified. not because of what it was, but because we had opened it. and we had invaded on his privacy. so what did we do? we cleaned up the mess as best we can, got out the packing tape and repackaged it as is nothing had happened.

let's hope he doesn't read this blog.
xo,
megan bird

* two things to note about this dress. one, it is extremely cozy and comfy and well made. two, it mysteriously makes me look to the right. can a dress really make you do that? oh, and three, it has pockets. who doesn't love a dress with pockets?

34 comments:

  1. Love your dress! super cute. You look amazing in it. looks great with the red.
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooove that dress. (And any chance you remember where I could order that shampoo?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah such a funny story! That dress is soooo cute!! I am absolutely in love with a sweetheart neckline. It looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA ha ha That's such a great story! I would have opened it too if that helps. Poor guy. Ha ha

    I WANT that dress, I wonder if they'd ship here....Such a great style, everything about it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok seriously I need eShaki to send me this dress!!!! You look awesome. The skirt part is AMAZING!

    LOL'in at you opening the poor guys hair growth serum lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pockets! I love a dress with pockets, and I fell in love with yours as soon as it popped up on my screen. Super cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been eying that dress on eshakti and now that you've pointed out it has pockets, I think I'll be ordering the yellow one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the length of that dress, that it has pockets, and the sweet heart neckline. It looks great on you!

    Ha! That's a funny story about work! I hope he doesn't read your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look FANTASTIC! How come my dress from them did not fit this well? You should wear this style of dress more often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great dress! You look great! And way to cover your tracks!!!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! This confession is so great. Honestly- you all had no choice in the matter. You definitely had to pretend like you never looked. Denial is the best way in a time like that :)
    And can I just say that you look absolutely stunning in this dress. It looks like it was made just for you.

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha that's hilarious! I would have been just as curious :) SO in love with that dress...the shape is gorgeous and you look beautiful!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful dress with a funny story! =)

    Ps. Definitely following you! =) Would love it if you could do the same. <3 <3

    xoxo
    lesleykim.blogspot.com

    LesleyKim

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL over the office story!!

    Great dress!! It looks awesome on you. I just got to try an eShakti dress too and I love it so much. They do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, I am so in love with that dress! I really love the pop of red! I'm obsessed with stripes right now, and I love the big bold ones here.

    <3 Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is my fave fave fave dress on you, I love everything about it on you, the sweetheart neckline, the stripes, the length - and the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahaha that is an awesome story. I love this dress on you!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Megan you are such a lady in this dress, I love it on you. You should totally wear this all the time or at least all summer. Great fit and I love the huge stripes with the red belt. Fabulous! Isn't opening someone's mail, a federal offense? lol!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the dress I have one coming from Eshakti myself can't wait for it to get here! That is a funny story about your boss I would have done the same thing. It never happened :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. that dress is just perfect, it fits you wonderfully!!
    jess
    JESS CAUSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great story! He really has never found out this? That's funny - I don't know what I would have done ;-)
    And I love your outfit, I really like stripes at the moment!

    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am loving the black and white striped skirt. That dress looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your story totally made me giggle! I love that he had that delivered to the office instead of his home. There's nothing better than a dress/skirt with pockets! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  24. A dress with pockets is pretty much the best thing ever. I'm totally IN LOVE with this dress too. It's just perfect. And that story is HILARIOUS. Poor guy and his lack of hair.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm sure that was a want to get away moment! I love your dress. That little pop of color makes it even more flattering on you...you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. too funny! The dress you're wearing is just beautiful, beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Haha this is funny! Poor kid. Anyways, I love the black, white, and red. You look wonderful!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ha. This was funny to read. Sweet dress.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hahaha oh wow, what a story! How awkward! And I LOVE this dress. The stripes, the length, the full skirt, (the way it makes you look to the right) - perfect! :)

    Life Etc

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this dress! you look great in it! :)
    btw, the story is very funny...let's hope the boss never found out about the incident.

    Cheers,
    Kate
    www.shopnomiji.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. THAT DRESS IS ADORABLE ON YOU! I especially like your hair up with it. Very 60's.

    ReplyDelete