Wednesday, June 6, 2012

love*birds 6.6.12

things i am loving this week:
~ summer summer summertime! i know it's not officially summer yet, but it has sure been feeling like it!
~ speaking of summertime, jim is getting ready to build a patio in our backyard! so excited. i will be even more excited when i can sit out there and sip wine. yum.
~ true blood starts this weekend! do any of you watch?
~ dairy queen. megan instagrammed a photo of her and the kids enjoying some yesterday. when i saw it i sent my hubby right out to get me my own treat. so delicious.

and here are a few other things we are loving this week...

nora bird

how adorable is this picnic blanket? i am absolutely in love with it!


such a gorgeous clutch! perfect for every day or a special night out.


such a fun print. such gorgeous, bright colors. and i love the shape. what a cute summer top!


i was thinking the other day that i would love a cute pair of yellow sandals. these ones are perfect!


this is such a pretty locket! i love that it is all glass and has such an antique feel. so lovely.

my fave instagram photo of the week

mimi and i enjoyed an afternoon at the park yesterday. at one point, she climbed up this big hill and i caught this awesome shot. it just makes me so happy.

megan bird
me and mama hedgehog sweatshirt
i have a deep-seeded love for cozy sweatshirts. add the fact that it's off the shoulder, has kangaroo pockets, and just about the cutest little design on it! in love.

personalized wedding print
i have been going to a lot of weddings recently. i love the idea of a personalized gift. you can make the tree out of vows, first songs, love stories...you name it. what a great idea!

pink lace party dress
i have never considered myself a girly girl. but after seeing this dress, maybe i am. i love the pink-bow-laciness of this beauty and i want to wear it to every wedding i am attending this summer! ps. it was very hard for me to pick a favorite from this store. check it out for more beautiful dresses!

strappy bow platforms
again, how did i think i was not a girly girl? (maybe because i'm in sweats and tanks most of the time?) but really...i guess i just love about anything with a bow on it.

heart inlay vintage cowboy boots
i've secretly been searching for a pair of cowboy boots to wear to the reception portion of my wedding. these might be contenders!

instalove
backwards dinner
it was henry's last day of school yesterday, so we had backwards dinner. a.k.a. ice cream before dinner.

blog love
~ i want wren's hair and her skirt. is that too much to ask?
~ keesha has the best mama figure. so curvy and beautiful, and she can rock a pencil skirt. plus she has some amazing tassel shoes that i want!

and don't forget to enter our amazing giveaway. you don't even have to follow us to enter. easy peasy!

what are you loving this week?
xoxo,
two birds

25 comments:

  1. my husband and I were just talking about cheesequakes from DQ the other day. We used to get them wayyy too often. But I really need one stat! Ever had one? It is so.good.

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crazy about that locket! I might just get it for myself as a reward if I finish writing report cards this weekend! Thanks!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the Dairy Queen this week too! I had an Oreo Blizzard on Monday and then yesterday my boss was like, hey, we should get ice cream! So then I had a vanilla soft serve cone. I should probably watch my intake so I don't gain like 50 pounds, but it just tastes SO GOOD.

    And I pretty much love all your picks as usual. You can just shop for me, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for True Blood on Sunday I'm a serious addict for that show. DQ is so good I love that banana pudding blizzard they have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what beautiful lists! delighted to be included with our picnic blanket - many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bow platforms are beautiful! I hope your patio gets finished soon so you can get busy relaxing and drinking wine! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I love that blanket too! So cute! Yay for Henry being done with school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving everything on this list! I just want to cuddle up in that sweatshirt!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww the buntings picnic blanket is so adorable. I love the smock top prints too. Thank you for the lovely comments dear, im your newest follower on gfc and bloglovin. Lets keep in touch

    www.girllilikoi.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love all these pictures! I want those flip flops!!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the smock top!- too lovely
    www.theorangewalls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wait????? OMGGGGG You two make me so happy! I was just sad cuz I was thisclose to going to the CMT Awards today and I couldnt go bc I couldnt get anyone to go with me (nightvision issues)blah blah blah....

    You two make me happy forreal. Thanks for the blogger shout out. Those shoes were thrifted and make me smile I see them :)

    Have a great day ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bunting blanket is genius! (hmmm, wondering if I can somehow make one!)! The hedge-hog top is so cute- my boyfriend and I saw some lovely bunny ones recently with a bobtail and I just kept thinking how cosy they were- pity they were too big for me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful mimi shot! i want backwards dinner. they look like they are having so much fun. i want fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmm, I love eating ice cream in the summer...nothing beats it! That personalized wedding print is such a great idea, I would've loved getting that as a gift!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the blue clutch, and nothing says summer like a DQ dipped cone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Instagram photo and the platforms... That 70's smock top reminds me of a dress I used to have way back (not that way back!) and I have fond memories of wearing it during picnic summer days..
    Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog! I appreciate every word!

    http://danaslookbook.blogspot.com/

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog! I'm your newest follower (and fan!). That picnic blanket is SO bright and fun for summer. I'd love to see you around my blog!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  19. There are a lot of things here that I want but that picnic blanket is on the top of the list! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Megan--those wedding reception boots are excellent. Indulge yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i think the idea of wearing boots to wedding reception is awesome. yes! In silver. Catch the eyeballs!
    and I'm super in love with the last picture. Why are them so cute?

    Natasha
    picablocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that 70s smock top so much! Such beautiful finds! Thank you for the feature. I am beyond flattered!

    Wren

    ReplyDelete
  23. wonderful summer inspiration! The bunting picnic blanket is so cute! The smock top is super adorable too, look at the print. I heart the hearty boots! Ice cream before dinner? My kids would shout hurray to that!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love all these things you are loving! dairy queen, YUM! and how about some cute flats like that!!! i love 'em. that sweatshirt is so cute too!!! i have a lot of love for a lot of things lately. mainly bright skinnies, colorful cut-offs, wedges and white t-shirts!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for sharing such great ideas! Yes; It is nice Blog latest Fashion & other accsories like on Memory Locket, bags, Dress & etc. I Love It…

    ReplyDelete