Wednesday, June 27, 2012

love*birds: 6.27.12

things i am loving this week:
~ coconut oil. but you guys knew that already.
~ my kids. i always love them (duh), but they are extra huggable this week.
~ my parents. they are on a month-long trip exploring their ancestry. they have been talking about doing this for years, and i'm so happy that they finally did it!
~ summer. i read this quote by f. scott fitzgerald, “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer." i guess it's literally and figuratively true, but there is something about summer that makes me feel refreshed. and a minnesota summer is a thing of beauty!
~ bike rides. chris and i went for a bike ride to a beautiful outdoor restaurant the other night. it was perfect.

and here are a few other things we are loving this week.

megan bird
watercolor world map
 people who know me, or people who have ever seen the inside of my house (i suppose they are one in the same, why would someone who doesn't know me be in my house??) know that i have a love for both maps and wall hangings. this lovely watercolor encapsulates my love for both!

anchors away dress
wouldn't this be perfect for the fourth of july? or just for summer? or for any time?

sea foam and coral summer halter
yes, i love maxi dresses. i would wear them all summer. and this one...i would wear this one all summer if it were mine. i love everything about it!

vintage pastel summer sandals
how pretty are these? they are perfect for summer...with dresses, shorts, for biking, walking. i love them!

lace tiered shorts
i know i'm a bit behind on the lace shorts trend. but i still love them, and still don't own a pair. that needs to change!

blog*love
josie is wearing the elusive-to-me perfect sweater in this post. and of course it's from ireland, so i have little chance of getting one myself. i know these sweaters are all over, in every store...but i still can't seem to find the right one. josie looks gorgeous in hers. and can we talk about her pants, too? i might need those!

insta*love
love darts
if you follow me on instagram (@meglets), you know that i am buying a ton of stuff for the wedding. i found these dart boards last night at the thrift store and bought them all (six). at $1.99 each, i just couldn't resist.

nora bird

i collect vintage, wooden push and pull toys for mimi (and soon to be new baby!). these are not vintage, but they sure are darn cute! i may need to get a set!


such a pretty skirt! i love the full shape, the pleating, the colors and the print is amazing. acorns and lemons? obviously!


i love coffee. a lot. so if you ever get one of these cards from me you will know how much i love you! a whole lot. check out this whole shop for tons of adorable (and eco-friendly!) greeting cards and other super cute items!


such a sweet dress! i want to wander around paris wearing this. doesn't it seem perfect for that? now if only i had plans to visit paris anytime soon!


oh man, i love these wedges. the bright pop of orange makes me so happy!

blog*love
check out this blog and you will fall in love with maddie just like i have. she is amazing and such a good sport!

insta*love
check out these cute blondies! i am watching megan's kids today and i just took this photo of henry reading to the girls. so sweet. mimi loves cousin time!

what are you loving this week?

xoxo, two birds

26 comments:

  1. I love this series each Wednesday. I love coffee a lot too. I might need to get those greeting cards to give to my friends and family!
    This week I am loving the gorgeous weather we are finally having. Not too hot, not cold and not humid!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the cousins picture is so cute! Totally reminds me of spending time with my cousins in the summer when we were little!

    And that trip your parents are on? Super awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the coffee cards would be perfect for me too. My in-laws don't drink it, and when we stayed with them last week a couple mornings went by without my morning cup. I was not a happy camper about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your finds! I recently discovered Megan Bird's watercolors as well and am now a huge fan -- so pretty.

    Thanks for featuring my cards, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always hunt down the cutest things! I am LOVING that anchor print dress (already favorited it) and those lace shorts (but the sizing on them scares me).

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter to win a custom clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with the benefits of coconut oil too. I use it for shaving, its the best thing. Love those lace shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with that anchor dress, it's so cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your parents are spending the whole month together! Cant wait to get older and do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all. Thats a big statement "I love you more than coffee!" :).

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that photo of the kids! So sweet! Love the wooden push toys, too- especially the hedgehog!!!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  11. How I love F. Scott! I've been loving T.S. Eliot this week, and Kay Ryan...two of the most amazing and readable poets EVER>

    Dittos on the lace tiered shorts, but I'm not brave enough to wear them! I think the 8 lbs I've gained since getting married last year have gone all to my thighs :P

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love them all but IN LOVE with the ankle cuff wedges xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like that Fizgerald quote- his writing is really beautiful! I love Chapter 3 of the Great Gatsby (or is it 2,4?) I took part in a special theatrical and musical setting of that writing in a London manor house and just HAD to read it after that! The maps are pretty cool and I'd love those sandals too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great quote! I really love watercolor too the map looks very interesting. The maxi you posted is really cute the material on it looks so nice I would for sure wear that all summer too ;) Those greeting cards are cute too I love stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the lace shorts trend, too! i really want a pair, but haven't found the right "mom" pair!

    [oomph.]
    Anastasia of Beverly Hills-GIVEAWAY
    Win a FREE pair of glasses from Firmoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those wedges are perfection. Big, chunky, bright perfection. I may need them.

    And a woodland animal pushtoy because no, I don't have kids, but those things are darned cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so beautiful in your maxi dress! ^^

    Also, I've been using coconut oil for my skin and hair lately too. :3

    ReplyDelete
  18. The skirt and anchors away dress are my favorites. So cute and feminine. And I'm a huge fan of maxi dresses, especially now that I'm pregnant. They're a lifesaver!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    P.S. I'm a coconut oil fan, too. It's been great for my itchy, strethed-out skin! (The joys of pregnancy...)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Theres no other like the cousin love! i do like that anchor dress too

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post dear, It reminded me to note down all the things I currently love...and appreciate them too :) Love that first nautical dress and the cute wedges.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for featuring me! My Nanny did good didn't she haha.
    I hope your parents have an amazing trip! And those are the most adorable children xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. All of this is so great! That watercolor map is amazing! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Please send that anchor dress my way!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the anchors away dress!

    ReplyDelete