Wednesday, June 20, 2012

love*birds 6.20.12

things i am loving this week:
~ mango. mimi and i have been eating it like it's going out of style!
~ half iced tea, half lemonade. my favorite drink of the moment.
~ our patio will (hopefully) be built after this weekend!!!
~ my husband. i love him every week, of course, but i have been feeling extra smitten this week.
~ my nightly, post-dinner walks with jim and mimi. quality family time is the best.

and here are a few others things we are loving this week...

nora bird

how precious is this dress? the color, the floral, the gingham, the full skirt. i just love it!


i love how simple yet how super cool this necklace is. and the color makes me so happy.


oh my gosh, i really want these shoes. like really really really.


what a perfect summer dress! the colors and embroidery are so pretty. i want to wear this to a picnic on the beach!


i love lightweight, summer scarves. and i love this heart print. and bonus! it is under $20. this will be mine!

insta*love
my girl and her dad on father's day. love them so much!

blog*love
i couldn't choose between these two salads, so i had to share them both. find lindsay's recipe here and laurie's here. yum and yum! i will be making both of these in the very near future!

megan bird
peter pan collar heart dress
this dress epitomizes most things i love in a dress. cute collar, bright color, whimsical print, cinched waist. it's all there! so adorable! oh, and did i mention it's under $30?

mason jar 3 in 1
as i'm on the hunt for wedding decor, these popped onto my screen like they were meant for me. i love how clean they look with the fitted wire, and i love how you can put flowers in them, too. i might need to have these!

gray chevron hobo purse
it's like the world's cutest skirt with pockets, except it's a purse, and i love it!!

forget you nude sandals
again, with weddings on my mind, i found these beauties. (secret, i already have my shoes), but these would be perfect for my sisters to wear!

1950s little black dress
quite the opposite of my first pick, but equally as lovely! i love the simple details and the beautiful shape of this dress.

insta*love
goodnight moon
we had our inaugural scamp trip last weekend for our annual father's day camping trip. the kids had a long day playing outside, and i couldn't help but snap this adorable picture of them sleeping. this was about three hours before henry promptly fell off the top bunk. (here's another pic of where chris and i sleep, or where we eat if it's raining...but normally we leave it as a bed. the sheep is beatrice, our scamp mascot.)

blog*love
hannah, of tattoos and pearls, is the best. she is funny and honest and witty, and i love her style. this particular post is her in her fabulous new harem pants. i loved them so much, i was inspired to hunt for a pair myself. and i found a pair last night!! yay! thanks for the inspiration (and the daily laughs from reading your blog), hannah!

what are you loving this week?
xoxo,
two birds

32 comments:

  1. I want the wedges and the chevron purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely vintage dress!

    http://mysecretshopping.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need that vintage floral dress!... and an arnold palmer (they really are the best drinks in the summer!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lights would be great at a wedding. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many things to love! : ) I really like that floral dress, the heart scarf and the chevron bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys rock! I love those wedges and the little lights. I love everything really on this post and it is making me want to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Want. Those. Shoes.

    I love your things-that-I-am-loving posts; they feel like a peek into your closet, which, I think, is secretly one of the top reasons people read blogs: closet peeking. :)

    www.petiteonapenny.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Oxford wedges are PERFECT! Id also like to have the haircut on the girl with the purple heart dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off- last night I made an amazing fruit salad (tooting my own horn here) with mango in it. So.good. I may have already eaten all of my fruit salad. Better than a tub of ice cream I guess.
    Second off- Thank you SO much for the blog love! I can't wait to see you in your harem pants. Post soon please! I will try to continue bringing the laughs.:)

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK that vintage dress is gorgeous, and LOVE the chevron bag! And I've been drinking 1/2 lemonade 1/2 iced tea like nobody's business - so refreshing!

    annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I want that vintage dress Nora, it's SOOOO cute. Arnold Palmers are yummy! The chevron purse is super cute too Megan, I love purses too much. Also, Hannah's blog is the bomb, I love her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want almost everything on this list! I'm swooning over the heart prints and those gold platforms are to die for.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the polka dot dress!!

    xoxo,

    amy
    www.amyisthinking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw... love all of these! I am currently drinking half and half as well. I love it.

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a mango nut too!!! And I just discovered half tea/half lemonade and I am addicted!! That vintage dress is easy on the eyes...love!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that black dress. Too bad the vintage sizing is soooo tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  17. that dress is lovely. It it was just a tad bigger (and I had a tad more money in my wallet) I would totally scoop it up

    ReplyDelete
  18. That heart print scarf and mason jars are so pretty. I also love that line about how you are extra smitten with your husband this week. So sweet!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  19. mango is one of my favorite flavors & love the chevron bag!

    xxA
    www.letitbebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the floral dress, heart scarf, and chevron bag... I want them all! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mango should be eaten like there's no tomorrow...deliciousest of fruits :) And that black dress does have such an elegant shape and detailing.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow!! loving all the pics!! especially the ones where the kiddos are sleeping.. so adorable and the one of your hubby and daughter.. priceless..

    thank u so much for stopping by and commenting...

    the recipe for the breakfast will be on the blog next.. :) :)

    www.thedoublemlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The photo of your little one with her dad is precious! Also, I LOVE half iced tea half lemonade. Yum! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. So many good things in one post! First off, mango is my favorite fruit, hands down, second off, that first vintage floral dress is perfection! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooooh, am loving all the dresses! How do you find those things on Etsy? Is it just a random search or do you search for something specific!? Am intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That scarf is very pretty. And it looks like you've got a lot to love!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Don't feel guilty taking photos like that, my mom made a whole pile from me and my brother's nap times when we were little. I still remember this one photo where we were all snoozing during a ride home. Probably the last time I feel asleep in a car, I cant' seem to do it these days. I tried to take naps during long trips to Charleston, but something always keeps me awake.

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh the instas are always my fave! :) the nightly family walks sound heavenly. i want the embroidered dress & the gold heels, sigh. somebody's going to have a pretty wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is always one of my favorite features of you blog--and worn out, but sleeping kids do inspire affection don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the wedges and the black dress! <3

    Quite A Looker

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love everything about this entire post. Finally getting to see the scamp inside is what made my day. I love the bunks and the sweet curtain behind them. I want a trailer so bad but am still deciding the best way to go plus I have to take it easy on the husband's wallet for a bit. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. My sister-in-law did those candles-in-mason-jars for her wedding, and hung a few of them in a tree where they had the ceremony. It was beautiful! They only last about 30 minutes though... the y get really hot in there and melt quickly, FYI.

    A

    ReplyDelete