Tuesday, May 15, 2012

tuesday remix: sister style

if you read yesterday's post, you know that megan is currently reading fifty shades of grey. i have yet to read it, but i am sure i will despite megan's scathing review. i am sure she is right and that it is horrible, but i just can't not read the next big trilogy. i am a sucker. yes, i read all of the twilight books (team edward!) and, unfortunately, have seen all the movies (thus far). i read the hunger games trilogy and really enjoyed them and the movie. and since this whole trilogy thing is happening right now, megan and i, along with our youngest sister, kristin, have decided that we will be writing the next big thing. we have some amazing ideas already and, i am not kidding, i would read these books (let's just forget how we already established that i am not the world's pickiest reader). so, look out world, here we come! two birds are about to be world famous authors. and then, of course, we'll get the movie deal and all of that. we will for sure be casting ryan gosling as the male lead (ryan, if you are reading, we will be contacting your people soon). and perhaps i will just go ahead and cast myself as the female lead. no biggie. i am super excited! i am sure you are, too, right? you should probably get on the amazon waiting list for this thing right now because it is sure to be huge!

anyway...onto the remix. megan chose the item this week, a pretty kimono wrap cardigan thingy. i love it. i can totally see throwing this on over just about anything. let us know what you think!

nora bird



dress~ Gap Maternity
belt/bracelet~ H&M
shoes~ F21
sunglasses~ Target

megan bird



tank ~ Macys
leggings ~ Kohls
bracelet ~ thrifted
shoes ~ Madden Girl, thrifted
belt ~ Dots
earrings ~ F21

we hope you have an awesome tuesday!

xoxo, two birds

28 comments:

  1. There are four books in the Twilight series - Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse & Breaking Dawn. I hope you didn't miss out on the last book! And The Hunger Games was the most amazing trilogy ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading the Twilight books and then watching the movies. I am also Team Edward. This might make me a teenybopper but I don't care :) And I will watch anything with Ryan Gosling as the lead, ha.

    You ladies are looking fierce in your belted wrap!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don 't worry Nora, I'm the same way. I'm going to read 50 Shade of Grey even though Megan hated it. I've read all Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger games etc. too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read your literary debut when it comes out!:)

    cate @ wildruffle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd read your book! And like I said yesterday, I think I will end up reading 50 Shades of Gray out of pure curiosity, I just have to know what everyone's talking about!

    Love this kimono! It's so pretty on both of you and yes, I think it would go with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sheer wrap! Lovely!!

    And I'd totally read your book! Write it! I know someone who'd probably publish it for you!! :) Drop me a note ;) Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doggone it, I wrote a long ole reply and then lost it. The gist was~ I will definitely be reading your book. ;)

    I'm with you, I will read anything. I've labeled myself a book whore...but at least I know when it's bad, which makes me feel a little better about myself. :) If the story grabs me in any way, I will probably like it.

    You two birds MUST read The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher. It's the next book that's going to blow up. It's great and the story will stay with you for a long time. It's going to be a trilogy too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. you both styled the kimono fabulously! what's this book trilogy series movie thing your're writing going to be about? adventures in minnesota?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again I love both of these looks. Amazing!! Nora you look so good in that dress & Megan I love it belted.

    Oh, cant wait for this book!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nora you are looking so fabulous! It's always been fun seeing you guys style things differently, but now it's interesting to see the same piece work for different bodies. :)

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  11. Team Edward! Ughhhh I wish I didn't get hooked on that whole series but I did. Haha. Can't wait for your books and movies ;] I love wrap in both looks. It adds a sophisticated fun pop to each look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable photos!! You both look lovely, and I really like the two looks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love both of these looks!! you girls look beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the blue toes and blue top!!!

    swbeautifullife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooo that floral chiffon is so classy and elegant...you both wore it the most lovely of ways, I couldn't pick a fav!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this remix! the cut of that kimono-y thing is perfect and i love both the prego and non-prego looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. the kimono wrap looks so sweet and floaty ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute kimono top - and it looks light enough that you can wear it all summer.
    Yes yes to the book idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your top. It goes perfectly with either a dress or leggings. Your baby bump is so adorable. You both look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love this kimono thingy! i have a couple i bought to put over my nursing tanks and this inspires me! i like it with the neutral brown dress and it also looks fab with the pop of color and that belt too!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've read all the Twilight Books and The Hunger Games, and even though the Twilight books were not so good, I keep seeing the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That trilogy is a great idea. I'm ready to pre-order. You both look amazing in that top.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this kimono/wrap thingy! Both versions are great! I could easily wear either to work or out to dinner :)

    Life Etc

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am loving this sheer top! It would work with so many different outfits.

    By the way, I would totally read a trilogy written by the Birds sisters. And I will see any movie starring Ryan Gosling.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love seeing the two of you - how you styled this blouse differently! Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and say hello! Also, I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog - a pretty pair of silver earrings. Check it out here! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty and I love both of your takes!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete