Tuesday, May 8, 2012

tuesday remix: sister style

do you ever have one of those weekends where you are constantly laughing and having nonstop fun and then you sit down to write a blog post and rack your brain to try and think of one funny story to share but you can't come up with anything because the baby your are growing in your belly is eating all of your brain cells and making any sort of thinking and/or writing incredibly difficult? no??? just me??? seriously, i am surprised i got this many words typed already and they seem to at least semi make sense. well, at least i can tell you that it was a fabulous weekend full of family and friends and hilarity and hoopla (and spinach dip and law and order). good times.

for this week's remix i chose a cute little tunic that i thrifted not too long after i found out i was pregnant. megan and i were shopping together and i was looking for maternity clothes or at least things that could double as maternity wear. megan actually found this little number for me and i really liked it. it is bright and fun and i can wear it now and keep it in the closet after the baby is born, too! that is always a bonus. let us know what you think!

nora bird



tunic~ Hurley, thrifted
necklace~ hand-me-down from little sister, Kristin
belt~ H&M
leggings~ Target
shoes~ Qupid, Marshalls

megan bird



skirt ~ kimchi blue, b. (a resale shop)
shoes ~ Charlotte Russe, thrifted
necklace ~ Kohls
earrings ~ hand-me-down from sister, Kristin

have a great tuesday!

xoxo, two birds

22 comments:

  1. That colorblocked tunic is so cute on both of you! It's great that you found a piece that can work for maternity wear and after your pregnancy.

    I often struggle to blog posts and I don't have pregnancy brain...just writer's block :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colorful tunic! Looks cute on you both. I know exactly what you mean about having a fun weekend and then not being able to come up with one paragraph about it!

    Annnnd now I want some spinach dip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and colorful tunic! I love that it's totally on trend right now and you found it at the thrift store! Perfect! And even better that you can wear it now and later too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. right on color blocking bright trend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you know why you're having trouble writing posts.

    I wish me and my sister have the same style to double our closet but unfortunately we don't but Cheers for you guys that you can share clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I love double duty maternity/post-maternity clothes. You both have the cutest shoes! Makes me want to get cute black t-strap sandals now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, it's a good thing I wasn't blogging when I was pregnant with my twins. I'm certain I would have been a blubbering mess. You're doing pretty well - and looking fab while you're at it:)
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this tunic styled both ways! :)

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. this top is gorgeous! you both look amazing in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You both look gorgeous and these bright colors are so flattering on you. more please...dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've just given me a great idea bout using one of my dresses as a top too and getting double use out of it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tunic - nothing beats built-in color blocking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is awesome -you both look amazing and that top is perfect as a maternity top or otherwise... Megan I love your necklace! And yes! Anytime you want to meet for a blogger date just let me know :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way you both styled this tunic! It's so gorgeous and I love the colors.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh geez, that dress is just toooo stinkin adorable! and worn as a top with that skirt....perfection!

    xo
    Lizzie
    placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That tunic looks great on both of you. I'm glad that you found some maternity-wear that works well as non-maternity too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The color blocking is really working for both of you. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! I just realized you're both wearing the same shirt, right?! wow that is awesome how you can both wear the same piece of clothing in such different ways to suit each of your own styles! love both your shoes, great taste :)

    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a pretty tunic top, i love the bright color-blocking on it! (And how fantastic that you thrifted it!) I think that is so cute that the two of your shared this top, it looks great on both you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What lovely outfits. Both of you look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for the nice comment on my blog! You are fantastic! Both!
    Nora, your hair is gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete