Friday, May 25, 2012

new loves and old friends: bug-eyed

first off, i would like to personally congratulate megan and chris on their engagement! i am so very happy and excited for their family! they are such an amazing couple who have created a seriously amazing family together. i completely look up to both of them for the fabulous parents they are and admire their relationship and i couldn't be happier for them taking this next step. i already consider chris my brother, but it'll be nice to have it be official. plus, they are sure to throw one awesome party of a wedding! so excited!!! congratulations, megan and chris! i love you! (and don't even get me started on that ring...so gorgeous).




old friends
sweater vest~ vintage, swapped
new loves
dress~ F21
shoes~ thrifted
sunglasses and necklace~ hand-me-down from little sister, kristin

anyway...the last time she was in town, my little sister brought home a bunch of her clothes and accessories for megan and i to fight over. these sunglasses were in the pile and i grabbed them immediately, but when i put them on and wasn't so sure if i liked them on me. i thought, perhaps, i looked a little extremely bug-eyed. but my little sister insisted that she liked them, so i took them home. a few days later when i asked my hubby to take these outfit photos, i grabbed the shades because i was sans make up (yikes!). i put them on and jim just immediately started shaking his head (and he might have looked a little disgusted??? or maybe that's just my hormones talking???) and informed me that he did not think these were the sunglasses for me. why am i telling you this boring story, you ask? because i need your opinions! should i keep the sunglasses or pass them along to someone else? please be honest. you won't hurt my feelings if you tell me i look like a bug. (okay, maybe you will a little bit, but i asked for it, right???) thanks, everyone!

i hope you all have a fabulous friday and a wonderful weekend!

xoxo, nora bird

32 comments:

  1. Loove this! It's so springy and happy! You look amaaaazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them. I think they have a retro vibe to them and besides that, I haven't seen any like them before which, in my book, makes them really cool.

    P.S. You look amazing!

    ~J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! Honestly love the sunglasses. Keep :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing I thought about commenting on was my love for these sunglasses. Then I read that you wanted our opinions. So there is my truly honest opinion. I LOVE them on you. Especially with your hair cut- it is really working for me!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these glasses! I had a similar pair at one point that my husband thought were terrible, but I kept wearing them anyway. I think they're cute on you - and I love that pink dress too. How is it that you hardly look pregnant in these pictures?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sunglasses!! Boys don't know anything, keep em!

    Love this dress on you too - you are just the cutest mama ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When Husby gives me the disgusted head shake about an accessory or clothing, I usually keep it just to be defiant. Then I giggle every time I wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that dress is so cute! It has a happy colour ;)
    Btw, there's a bikini giveaway in my blog. Check it out if u have a moment beauty!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look adorable! I think the glasses are a keeper. Theres something about the combo of your hair and the shades that are perfect to me. Usually when my hubby says he doesnt like something its the same thing that all my friends think is HOT!!! I say Keep 'Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the sunglasses are really unique and you should keep them! What do mean know about fashion anyway? :) Have a great weekend!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations to your friends! i thought i wanted a clear umbrella but i don't want a wet butt hahah don't worry my bf has definitely questioned some of my picks for clothing/accessories so i wouldn't worry about that part i think you can pull them off but the most important thing is always if you feel confident in them because of you don't then why keep em?

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you have a great face shape for any kind of sunglasses. I think they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. those are some very cool shades :)

    sammie
    from
    fashionbarbecue.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first thing I thought when I saw these photos is: I LOVE those sunglasses! But I'm a fan of big round bug sunglasses, so I'm biased. The second thing I though was: holy optical illusion dress - I can't even tell you're pregnant in these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd keep the glasses. They look cute on you, and I like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. very cute style

    www.LAByDiana.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that pink dress! I think those sunnies are great. I bought a pair online that were much much bigger than I expected but I reasoned they were so big it automatically made them awesome! My friends agreed, although my Dad rolls his eyes ever time he sees me in them, haha.
    Plus bigger sunnies = more protection from the sun on your face, and that's only a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm totally getting a sarah jessica parker glasses vibe, from when she & jamie gertz, starred in the tv show square pegs. look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjSijY-HoO8

    do you agree or disagree? your dress reminds me of summer ice cream or watermelon, super cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore the sunglasses - they look fabulous on you; you should really keep them! As for the outfit, loving that bright pink striped dress of yours. So cute & Summery! :)

    <3 Shawna
    Serpentine Streets

    ReplyDelete
  20. No no no, not you at all... (wink wink!) you should pass them along my way!

    Keep those fabulous things! You look great in them!

    http://hopefullittleone.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  21. very summery outfit!
    lovely dress x

    I'm following u now! follow me back if you like x

    Find me on:
    Miss Kwong - Art and Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  22. I say keep - I'm totally loving quirky sunnies at the moment! Plus they look really great with your shorter hair :)

    Life Etc

    ReplyDelete
  23. Does Jim have a fashion blog? Sheesh. ;)

    I love them. They're quirky, and they're supposed to look just a little odd, which is why I would personally wear the shit out of them. Rock on with those bad boys, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  24. very cute..you look very nice in that outfit :)
    heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. cute dress... love pink!

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great outfit. The dress is exactly my style.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this dress! So so cute. Love your style over all :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great dress! The colour looks so fab on you

    ReplyDelete