Wednesday, May 9, 2012

love*birds: 5.9.12

things i am loving this week:
~ nyquil. i have myself a case of the springtime cold. it happens every year. and nyquil gets me through it every time. to the point that i have to tell chris, "i'm taking nyquil tonight, so you're in charge."
~catching up with friends. i have a few girls' nights planned and i couldn't be more excited!
~ our garden. it's starting to go crazy! flowers and vegetables are growing like jack and the beanstalk at our house. now if only there were a golden egg hidden somewhere.
~ my daughter asked me what i wanted to be when i grew up. i love it that she doesn't think i'm there yet.

and here are a few other things we are loving this week!

megan bird
paint-by-number wall
there is a restaurant near our house that has a paint-by-number wall. and i have convinced myself that i can do it. that i can actually paint a giant paint-by-number on my dining room wall. we'll see. but i want it. the question is, how badly do i want it?

tassel garland
pretty soon i am going to have to start building walls in my house just to put stuff on. i love vintage art, garland, clocks...you name it. this would be a perfect little addition to our bedroom, i believe!

polka dot rockabily dress
how fun is this dress? doesn't it make you want to spin and dance?

guatemala stripe sandals
i love the colors and the chunky heel of this sandal. even though it's raining here, i am imagining summer....and these definitely help!

belted pussy bow dress
again, summer's coming and i need a new dress! i love the color of this dress, and the bow makes it work and play appropriate!

nora bird

in honor of one of my favorite children's book authors, maurice sendak, who died yesterday at age 83. i love this print, with a quote from his most famous book, where the wild things are. on a vintage map, no less! pretty sure i need this for mimi's room.


i love how tiny and delicate this necklace is. such a pretty piece. i think it would make a great mother's day gift (for me!), if anyone wants to tell my husband!


i have been obsessed with maxi dresses lately. i love the color and simplicity of this one.


i have also been a bit obsessed with feathers for some reason! i may need to do a wall of just feather prints and paintings somewhere in my house. this one would definitely be up there!


why must they be sold out of my size??? if any of you are a size 7.5 or 8, please buy these so my feet can live vicariously through your feet. (i'm looking at you, megan).

what are you loving today???

xoxo, two birds

13 comments:

  1. Ohhh both of those green dresses have me drooling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the polka dot dress. Definitely twirl worthy!
    cate @ wild ruffle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that polka dot dress!! Like so much!! Cute!!

    I loved Maurice Sendak too. So sad that he's gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those green dresses in that lovely emerald shade! And that paint by numbers wall is AWESOME!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha-ha that is funny your daughter said that to you! Love the Where the Wild things are picture... it was one of my favorite too! ALSO LOVE that polka dot dress!!!

    And oh my I got that spring time cold and it was awful!! hope you feel better!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. catching up with friends are some of the best things in my life! and those striped wedges are super cute. sorry they don't have your size

    ReplyDelete
  7. There were so many cute pieces here that I can't pick my fav.. Well I love the pussy bow dress, and the idea of painting one wall like that [by-number].
    Oh and I love Where the wild things are -movie, haven't read the book though (cute print!)


    Thank you for the comment :)


    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg i need that polka dot dress! it's too perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for showing some love to my "Where the Wild Things Are" canvas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! That polka dot dress is awesome! Love the pink bow and the customization options! Drool...
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like you are in love with green...me too. And effel tower necklace...how cute! I am also looking for a pair of colorful striped sandals!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete