Wednesday, May 23, 2012

love*birds: 5.23.12

things i am loving this week:
~ this weather! it has been perfect. 80s and sunny with a nice breeze. perfect! mimi and i have just been playing outside all day, every day except when we're at the gym or napping.
~ naps. naps are amazing.
~ the guy at dairy queen messed up my order last night and gave me something called the peanut butter bust (or some silly name like that). let's just say, i found my new favorite treat at dq.
~ this picture of my little girl mowing the lawn with her dada warms my heart. so sweet!

and here are a few other things we are loving this week...

nora bird

if i were a size 8, these would be mine! damn my tiny feet!


i think i need this bag. i love the bold yellow stripe, the rope strap, and how roomy it looks. perfect diaper bag, much? i think so.


i am a bit obsessed with maxi dresses lately. i love the pleats and kelly green zig-zags on this one. super cute!


such a bright, fun, and summery necklace! i love it.


such a gorgeous print! this would look super great on my mantle.

megan bird
recycled material minneapolis sign
as nora said, we are having some lovely weather. and while i always love minneapolis, i love it a little lot more when it's warm and sunny!

alice in wonderland tulle skirt
i am in love with this skirt. so much that i have looked at it every day this week. i should just buy it, right?

jessica simpson charli heel
say what you want about miss simpson, but she makes some cute shoes! i love that these are neutral colors, but also so unique in texture!

sequin heart open back tank
i am feeling a lot of love this week, so this tank is perfect for me! and it has a very unique open back that i love. (not that i could ever wear a tank, or any top, without a bra.)

maxi party dress
i love the deep v and the retro colors of this dress. not to mention the twirl factor. i want to run towards chris on a vacant beach and jump into his arms in this dress. that's normal, right?

what are you loving this week?

xoxo,
two birds

35 comments:

  1. Oh, the sailor bag and the knotted necklace - those are my faves this week. So fun!
    cate @ wildruffle

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the sailor's knot! Great find

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy the skirt and wear it with the heart tunic! Then sit in the big-toy and watch the world mow their lawns... I love that photo of the double lawn mowing!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  4. O that last maxi dress is amazing. I think it's totally normal to want to jump into your man's arms in that. I mean, that's what that dress is made for, right?!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that dress is amazing Megan! I think you need it!

    Nora - the peanut buster parfait? That is my mom's favorite DQ treat. It is pretty yummy!

    I'm loving the weather this week too! Well, maybe not right this second, there are clouds looming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute picture! love that maxi dress! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks so much for stopping by , your comment was so sweet! i love the illustration art its so eye catching! also anything with ice cream and peanut butter has to be good!

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh love that red necklace and art illustration! thank you so much for visit me:) tell me if you want to follow each other:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, i think i might buy that maxi! I love it! For some reason, I am loving cowboy boots. I want a pair to wear with sundresses this Summer.

    xo everything-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg, that picture of the little girl is just too precious! How adorable! And I'm also loving that yellow tote bag, now I want it! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mm, now that I want some DQ! I love the cut out back of that heart tank.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sailor knot necklace is killer! Love your sweet photo too..the weather has been lovely lately :)

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want that alice in wonderland tulle skirt.


    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Precious! The bag and books....Divine! I love the sparkly heart tank! You can go dressy or casual with this piece.

    My little guy use to push his mower and use his blower when Daddy was mowing too. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool stuff! Especially the sailor bag and the art illustration! Thank you so much for stopping by, maybe you want to follow each other, on GFC and bloglovin? I'll follow you back for sure :)

    Have a great week!

    x♥x♥

    "Dicas de saúde, beleza, e exercício físico"



    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been in love with the weather as well, it's so warm! I can finally wear shorts again! Loving the maxi-dress and tulle skirt as well

    xoxo Sootjeelina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for featuring my Fuse print :)

    Fabulous list! and Yes so happy it is so warm out again, much needed!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in love with the red flats!!!

    xx s
    www.my-philosophie.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, those flats look delicious!! Thanks for sharing! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The lawn mowing photo is just too adorable!

    I also love those red flats, but I'm not an 8. Damn my giant feet! The sailors knot necklace is great too, but my favorite is that last maxi dress. Anything reminiscent of a caftan is a major win in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Peanut buster parfait!! My all time favorite :] Sounds like you have been having a beautiful week. The weather where I live has been equally lovely. I love those red flats and the maxi dress :]

    ReplyDelete
  22. "twirl factor" ---so well said. I'm loving that too. And the prints. And maxis. Oh and everything else haha. Great pictures!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG I am obsessed with that green maxi! I might have to order it!
    And thanks so much for the comment on my blog! Would you like to follow each other?

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the maxi dress and the sailor's knot necklace. I'm paying close attention to your temps...as I'll be through your area briefly at the end of May.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think you should buy that skirt! It is so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the items and the pictures!
    thanks for stopping by my blog!

    www.LAByDiana.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. very sweet products, but I'm totally loving the sequin top <3
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. the first photo is my fave! how serendipitous about the peanut butter bust. i sooo wish i wasn't allergic to peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Im gonna have to investigate this peanut butter bust...Sounds delightful :)

    And the last dress: AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh mine so many cute, stuff, you sent my heart racing with excitement! Pinning pinning!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Megan! I bought the EXACT same skirt for less than half the price on eBay. I'm serious. Same company, everything.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yellow tote! Yes please!!! Congrats on the proposal :) Being married (and for me - having a last name that's way easier to spell) is such a blessing. Enjoy!

    Kristina
    Nook & Sea

    ReplyDelete
  33. some great things here! love that skirt! do it!

    Kel x

    ReplyDelete