Wednesday, May 2, 2012

love*birds: 5.2.12

things i am loving this week:
~ my little sister is coming to town tomorrow night! i am so excited to see her and hang out all weekend!
~ my best friend will also be in town this weekend for her baby shower. i have not seen her in person since she has been pregnant and i am so excited! we are both due within weeks of one another! fun!!!
~ i had a doughnut on monday and on tuesday and i am craving one today...and i don't even like doughnuts (usually). apparently my baby does, though!
~ thunderstorm season is upon us. i love thunderstorms!
~ i think we may be able to officially turn off our heat this week. yay!

and here are a few other things we are loving this week:

nora bird

i love the cute shape and pretty colors of this mini skirt, but my favorite part is the print. look closely. yes, those are cats in a garden! adorable!


this necklace is so simple, yet so cool. i feel like this would be one of those pieces i would wear every day!


this wedge is totally awesome. i can see these going with pretty much any outfit. it might just be the perfect summer shoe!


i am in love with the gorgeous feather print on these cards. imagine getting one of these pretties in the mail. i think that would make my day!


such an adorable set of wooden rings. i am loving the colors. and they would be so fun to mix and match!

megan bird
vintage patchwork long pillow cover
i'm pretty sure i need these pillows for the "kitchen" benches in the scamp (which doubles as a bed, so these would be perfect for cuddling up to, as well!)

sailboat vintage dress
i'm not a boat person, but i could definitely be a boat dress person! this would be the perfect dress to start my collection!

vintage woven necklace
i'm giving myself until the end of the day. if this isn't sold by then, i'm pretty sure it will be mine! (that's called self control, people.)

colorblocked swing dress
speaking of self control, i have stopped myself about 10 times from buying this dress. and now, of course, they don't have my size anymore. *stupid self control*

zigzag glitter shoe
it's got chevrons. it's got glitter. it's got a wedge. it's got a super tall wedge. it's got to be mine!

what are you loving this week?

xoxo,
two birds

17 comments:

  1. Aw, have a blast with your little sister and best friend! How exciting.

    Loving those feather cards and that sailboat dress - I can totally picture the birds in that dress ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cat skirt is adorable. I already have a cat print blouse. Would having a cat skirt too scream "Crazy Cat Lady"?

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a fantastic baby shower. :) hope you take photos to show us later. you both chose some fun things. the feather cards are so my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theres nothing like getting to see your family! Have fun ;)

    I absolutely need those chevron wedges in my life (or so I think)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you have a great weekend ahead of you! And I adore those rings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun that you and your best friend are pregnant together!

    Cats in a garden??? How I love that skirt! I think I need it! And I love the woven necklace that Megan picked too!

    I'm loving warm weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finds, and I absolutely love the florals and the blue bird ring. :) I also wanted to let you know that I tagged you with the Versatile Blogger Award. No pressure to accept at all, just wanted to let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that cat skirt rocks my world, as does that sail boat dress! Have a fun-tastic weekend and mow down as many donuts as possible (that's half the fun of being preggo right?!) XO Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that skirt, though waaay too short for my 50 year old legs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love thunderstorms too! I hope MA gets a few good ones this year, I feel like I always miss them.

    Anyway Nora- I love the happy day rings!! Megan I am in love with both of these dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah! I'm loving all of this! Especially the dresses and shoes! This week I am loving my new pink shade of lipstick!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving this post. Have fun with your lil sis! I also love thunderstorms. It has been gray here all week but no thunder :-/ Anywho, I am liking all the items you selected. The necklace is perfect and those chevron wedges - WOWEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. how fun to have a friend that's pregnant at the same time as you. Hope you ladies have a lovely time hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the gold necklace is perfect...it's just enough!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for featuring my chevron necklace! I'm so excited to see the reactions!
    I LOVE the colorblock dress you also picked.
    Enjoy the baby shower and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love thunderstorms. One summer I worked at a nude hot springs in the Sierra Nevada's above Lake Tahoe and the thunderstorms were amazing.

    I also love that sailboat dress; I just finished hemming a vintage sailboat skirt and I'm obsessed with boat clothes now.

    And the gold necklace? Yeah, that might have to be mine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely love picks! The feather cards and the rings and zig zag shoes are some of my favorites! They are now in my pinspiration!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete