Wednesday, April 4, 2012

love*birds 4.4.12

things i am loving this week:
~ chiropractors. i went last night after two weeks of constant back pain. while i don't feel 100% better, i'd say it's at about 93% right now. and i will take that!!
~ chris. i came home last night and not only had he done all the laundry, but he had also cleaned the whole laundry room. and that is what i call love.
~ running partners. waking up at 5 am to go running isn't always easy. but knowing that i have friends to run with makes it a heck of a lot easier. plus, getting parenting advice from other moms while you run makes the run seem faster!
~ a no-plan weekend. yes, there is easter, but the rest of the weekend is plan free (i think). i love making plans with friends and being busy on weekends, but i also love those occasional weekends where we have nothing planned. if the weather cooperates, i see plenty of outside family time in our future!
~ egg hunts. ok, i lied, we do have one plan. a neighborhood egg hunt. i can't wait to let the kids run free around the park while i drink coffee and eat donuts and hang out with friends.

and here are a few other things we are loving this week...

megan bird
vintage engineer stripe poncho/cape
i know that summer is approaching, but lately there has been a slight chill in the air (i think that's called spring). this perfect poncho would be just the thing to warm me up a bit.

accordian pleated dress
i love accordian pleats. they make me want to twirl around like a little girl. is that weird? maybe. but this dress is so cute that you would twirl, too!

ikat strappy sandals
it might be hard to believe that i am picking a flat this week! i know, the queen of the five-inch heels is choosing a flat. but come on, look at these...how cute are they?

green bead statement necklace
you could dress us any little summer sun dress with this piece. it's so gorgeous! i love the color!

fringed scarf
isn't this gorgeous? i have a small collection of scarves. ok, a large collection. but i can't help myself, they are the perfect accessory. and this one is timeless, seasonless and gorgeous!!

nora bird

such a gorgeous summer dress! i love the open back and the sweet bow.


i am kind of totally obsessed with this chair. i really really really want it for mimi's room!


since megan went with a flat, i had to go extra high this week! i am loving this wedge. the only problem is choosing the color i want.  i think the orange wins!


i would likely wear this shirt every day if it were mine. it looks so comfy! and i love this mint-y shade of green!


how cool is this necklace? paired with a sweet summer dress or even jeans and a tee, this is sure to make quite the statement. love love love!

what are you loving this week???

xoxo, two birds

20 comments:

  1. I think I just fell in love with that fringed scarf. I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan's mix of prints is just perfect!!

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fringed scarf and the green beaded necklace are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, girl! Love a husband who cleans! And a no plan weekend! And all those dresses! Thank God spring is here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heee hee that necklace looks like peas!!! I'd like the egg chair for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan I would totally want to twirl in that dress too!

    Nora I love the open back dress, it is pretty and the print is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some great items! I love that open back dress! Thanks so much for the feature!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just bought one of those fringed scarves. And I don't even wear scarves, but this just might be the one that makes me change my mind. . .

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan- I loveee the flats you went with this week! I want those now!! :)

    and Nora- I love the cozy mint top.
    Sara :)
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all these Spring-esque pieces, especially the fringe necklace, mint top, & open back dress! Hope you both have a lovely Easter weekend :)

    Now following!

    <3 Shawna
    Serpentine Streets

    ReplyDelete
  11. Megan, I love ponchos great for those not too cold but somewhat chilly nights.
    Nora, that dress is fun, flirtatious and great for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, I need EVERYTHING in that first picture! No joke. LOVES IT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been swooning over open/low back dresses lately too...and what makes me drool over your choice is that darling bow!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all this items you shared :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could never wear that open back dress, but it sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely choices! That fringed scarf is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. definitely loving the pleats and those stunning color block heels!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes! My running buddy is so important! There are weeks when the only exercise I get is with her! Our weekly date is so important to us! I'm so glad you have one, too!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  19. always enjoy your love picks, I pinned a few stuff, very inspiring. I like the fringe and beaded necklace. The poncho coat is lovely!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete