Wednesday, April 18, 2012

love*birds 4.18.12

things i am loving this week:
~ crossfit. chris and i did a couple's crossfit challenge on saturday and i loved it. it was full of burpees, pull-ups, box jumps...all things that sound horrible to me, but i loved it!
~ rain. it is finally raining here in minnesota. we definitely need the moisture. everything is looking so green all of a sudden!
~ lilacs. because of the aforementioned rain, i can finally smell the lilacs all over my neighborhood. i don't know what i love more, the smell of lilacs or apple blossoms. i'm just happy for both!
~ i have vowed to myself to not shop at target for the next two weeks. i'm oddly excited about it. wish me luck. if these two weeks work, maybe i will extend them. maybe.
~ my "new" mattress. i secretly exchanged ours and henry's mattress. chris loves a soft bed while i love firm. so while chris was out last night, i took henry's firm mattress and covered it with a memory foam topper. i think it's a nice compromise (and shhhh....chris doesn't know). my back already feels oodles better!

and here are a few more things we are loving this week.

megan bird
vintage camper birdhouse
for those of you who don't know, we own a scamp. and we love it (1st camping of the year in a few weeks!)..this little guy would be the perfect addition to our (s)camping trips.

lace bottom shorts
it might take a little courage for me to wear these, but i think they are so adorable, i might just risk it. they are so adorable, in a lacy lingerie sort of way. but seriously, with some heels and a cute tee, how great would these be?

vintage 50s dress
this dress screams summer goodness. i just love it. i love how fresh and fun it is. i am thinking margaritas on the patio!!

nautical pleated skirt
do i need to even say how fantastic this skirt is? i didn't think so. who wants to go yachting with me?

vintage sandals
i have been searching for a pair of sandals that bring me back to grade school. and these might be it. i think they would look lovely with a fun twirly dress...and some ribbons in my hair. might as well go all out, right?

nora bird

such a cute print! and so true! i would love to hang this in mimi's room.


i love the sweet bow print on this top. plus, it look so comfy!


we always try and use cloth napkins in our house. my mom gave me some super cute ones, but i think i may need to add these to my collection. i just love the mom quotes!


such a great little carry-all clutch. and the colors are perfect for spring!


this dress is so sweet and so chic! i love the vintage style and the bright spring colors!

what are you loving this week?

xoxo, two birds

18 comments:

  1. Love the birdhouse and the clutch...but the birdhouse is definitely my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 50's style dress, I think it would be perfect for margaritas on the patio, you're right! I love that bow shirt too, after my bow shirt yesterday I'm all obsessed with bows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossfit! Good for you! Burpees are ROUGH for me, which probably means I should do more of them. I find crossfit intimidating, I'll stick with roller derby :)
    And I'm digging the rain and flower smell here in Colorado too, it is divine.

    Those napkins are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i should take the TWTC (two week target challenge) myself. because yes, that is a challenge...
    xoxomb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am super jealous of your scamp! The hubs and I have been coveting them at the state fair for years! Getting one is totally in our life plan, until then we have to settle for our 7 year old tent :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with that colorblock clutch! Etsy always has the best stuff :) I haven't been to Target in about a month...it's tough but you can do it!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post! Love that two toned clutch and the reading is cool print.
    So cool that you own a scamp!
    Nix
    blog.diamondsanddust.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  8. That. Birdhouse. I need to stop reading this particular column of yours because I keep finding things I never knew I wanted. And I do. I want that birdhouse a lot.

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love pretty much everything in this post! you make me just want to take a day and buy everything off of Etsy!

    Sara :)
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving that seagreen printed dress and that birdhouse is so adorable and just the same colour as some of my pots

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think tat I have done a burpee since grade school!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fab fab fab post !! lov'it
    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab fab fab post !! lov'it
    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete
  14. asos has the cutest maternity stuff!!! and loving those shorts with lace and the bow shirt!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg...I love those mom napkins! And I just favorited the two tone clutch. Great finds!

    Vang :)

    P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. that pink bow top and vintage dress is so lovely. So many cute things as always :-)

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete