Thursday, March 15, 2012

new loves and old friends: implanted in your brain

nora and i did a little guest post for dawn yesterday, and it got me to thinking about a little story from a trip i took years ago. you can read on dawn's blog why she needed us to fill in for her, and after that you might get a little more of an understanding why this story popped into my head.


i was in jamaica, and we happened to be on a clothing-optional beach. (btw, i always opt for clothes.) i have noticed that many of the people who opt out of clothing are old men and men who are so covered in hair that they appear to be clothed anyways. well, at least that week in jamaica, those were the men i saw a little too much of!


there was one woman, however, who decided to go topless pretty much the whole week. now i have no issues with this. a woman's body is a beautiful thing, and if she is comfortable enough to show it off, then more power to her. the problem was that she had just gotten implants. like, just. so recent that she was still bandaged up in certain places. and it wasn't pretty. i didn't ask any questions, because, really, what do you say to her? "hey, why does it look like your boob exploded?" 


and then, as the week went by, we learned that her boob did, in fact, explode. kind of. she had an implant go terribly wrong, and it ruptured, leaving her nipple severely disfigured and her chest (at the time, at least) looking like a really ugly birthday cake. yet she chose to go topless. and she also chose to not wear sunscreen, but that's a whole other story (let's just say it was a very ugly red velvet birthday cake).

new loves
jeans ~ Marshalls
shoes ~ Target
tank, earrings ~ F21
belt ~ thrifted
old friends
sweater ~ vintage, thrifted
headband ~ vintage, thrifted

moral of the story...i have no idea. i sometimes just have to share these stories so that they are not in my head alone.
xo,
megan bird

20 comments:

  1. My God! I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I think I just did a bit of both. On a lighter note though, thanks for coming by earlier and for introducing me to your sweet blog! Love that top- is it crochet? Your newest follower here. Looking forward to your next post! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez....good for her? Haha that sucks though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful! I love the scarf :) Wow, that poor boob, really, all the abuse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog, so I could find out yours. I love your crochet top! Would you like to follow each other?
    www.notasinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest top! The moral of the story ... Whatever it is, it's hilarious. Props to the girl for going topless & not caring what people think! Also it's rainy and grey here and now I want to go to jamacia! I should too because that's where my dads from & I've never been!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the visuals of that story....wow. LOL

    I loved your guest post on Dawn's blog yesterday! And I absolutely adore the crocheted top you have on, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this story is SO FUNNY! great read for a Thursday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my. Love starting my day with a good laugh:)
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am happily a small C cup now. Megan you look gorgeous in this outfit. Head scarves were made for you. I am feeling so much better today. Between the pain and puking, I was hoping my new small boobs would not explode. Dawn suitcase Vignettes. Love and adore you both. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sweater is such a cool layering piece! That story is frightening. My parent accidentally took me to a clothing-optional beach in Hawaii and it was traumatizing to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute scarf! Oh my I suppose no person should ever look like a bad red velvet cake!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh. My. Gah. I'm all for changing what you're not happy with but the fact that an implant could EXPLODE gives me willies to no end. I guess it was nice she was treating her injured boobs to a tropical vacation though.

    You look so adorable here. You're making me very excited to get my flares in the mail today!

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh my gosh. That is some craziness right there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Moral of the story, make sure you get a good doctor? haha.

    I love this top!

    xo everything-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha, oh my! I agree with the girl above. Also, she needs sunscreen, yikes!! That would make the scars and skin even worse. Anywho....That sweater is beautiful on you and I like it paired with the head scarf :]

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg, i feel so sorry for that woman's poor breast! it sounds so horrible... ugh, made me cringe.

    anyway... cute top :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. That poor woman! At least she was comfortable with herself, in spite of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like this boho chic outfit. That crocheted top is so pretty! Looks really cute with a head scarf. I can't imagine carrying a fake thing in my chest. Must be really uncomfortable.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. EGADS!!! Good grief that is such a disturbing mental picture- why, why? Your 'breast' post was such a riot!

    ReplyDelete