Wednesday, March 7, 2012

love*birds 3.7.12

things i am loving this week:
~ it is now chris' birthday week (yes, i am older than him - by 16 days [17 on a leap year])
~ because it's chris' birthday, i am taking friday off and planning a "day of chris" for the two of us. i'm looking forward to relaxing, eating, drinking and having fun!
~ we also have plans on saturday. henry's school is hosting a charity fund raiser, in which two birds is auctioning off free closet styling services. we are going to a. support our local school, b. have fun and hopefully win some fun stuff, and c. spy and see if anyone bids on our package!
~ nora and i can shop again, and i'm at it full force. last night in an effort to find chris a present, i inadvertently bought myself a few things, including these for $15!

and here are a few other things nora and i are loving today.

megan bird's picks
asos lace bow playsuit
how fun is this outfit? the lace, the bow! perfection!

little black dress

this little black dress might just be the perfect little black dress. even though it's spring soon, i can see this with a cute pair of sandals in warmer weather.

vintage patchwork bathing dress
wouldn't this just put all the fun back into wearing a swim suit?

chunky striped heel
i need to soak my feet and paint my toes...sandal weather is fast approaching. and what better sandals to wear than these adorable ones?

rainbow chevron infinity scarf
yet another spring and summer essential. i love a scarf that works in warmer weather, and this might just be the one! i love the colors and the fabric, and it takes all the pain out of not knowing how to tie a scarf!

nora bird's picks

the bright colors, the pattern, the shape. i love everything about this dress.


all the pieces in this shop are made with concrete, crushed glass, and stainless steel, which is just so cool. and each piece is entirely handmade. i just adore this little storm cloud (i am a huge fan of thunderstorms)! such an awesome little necklace.


such a bright, fun wedge! i am bananas for stripes. these would be perfect with a dress, jeans, shorts...just about any outfit!


more brights, more stripes...what can i say? i am a fan. this is such a great 'transition into spring' tee.


i guess i didn't realize i was loving coral as much as i am! this dress is so sweet. i love the collar and the trapeze shape of the dress. definitely a go-to dress for spring.

what are you loving this week???

xoxo, two birds

15 comments:

  1. You two choose the best things to drool over! I LOVE that playsuit and the chunky heels especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chevron scarf and peter pan collar dress... so cute! How sweet that you're planning a "day of chris" - hope you two have a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your picks - because they all make me think of spring! I'm loving bright colors right now, not necessarily neon, but just bright happy colors.

    And happy birthday to Chris - so awesome that you're taking a day to be together, those are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I really love that last coral colored dress. So simple and sweet! Always love your shopping suggestions, ladies! They're always so fun to scroll through!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan that playsuit is to die for! Seriosuly cute! Nora I love the necklace! Has reminded me I have a rain cloud necklace I must wear more!! Good luck at the auction and have a fun "chris day!"
    Daisy Dayz

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that asos lace bow playsuit so cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh - the rain cloud necklace! Something I never knew I always wanted. :)

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started by thinking that playsuit was the cutest thing ever, and then I kept scrolling - and kept thinking the same thing about all your picks! Love 'em all this week!!
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that rainbow chevron infinity scarf!! :)

    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anything peter pan collar rocks my world, add the fact that it's coral and I can't contain myself, and that playsuit....you neeed it NEEEEED!
    XO Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like the yellow lace, & the mila dress! the fact that the storm necklace is made from crushed glass, stainless steel, & concrete totally wows me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The yellow bow lace suit is right up my alley (if I'd ever be gutsy enough to wear it) as is that colorblocked striped tee. Love love love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow, I am drawn to so many of these items, especially the last dress
    www.theorangewalls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colorblock tee and I like the scarf as well. :)

    ReplyDelete