Tuesday, February 28, 2012

tuesday remix: sister style

i am having a serious case of writer's block right now. i have been sitting with my computer open on my lap for about an hour (while simultaneously switching back and forth between The Voice and The Bachelor) and nothing is coming to me, that little blinking cursor just taunting me. not sure why. perhaps because I have been rotting my brain with dreadfully awesome reality tv? perhaps. but a little writer's block is not enough to get me to quit. sorry, but i need my horrible tv fix. (p.s. for those of you that watch The Bachelor, the fantasy suite dates totally gross me out. i cannot be alone here, right???).

for this week's remix, megan chose an adorable, sparkly teal sweater from forever 21. it was a fun one to style. i can tell it will be a very versatile piece in megan's wardrobe because when i first saw the sweater, a bunch of outfit ideas popped into my head. but i, of course, had to settle on just one. i hope you all like the remix this week!

outfit one: golden octopus



necklace~ gift from sister, Izzy
headband~ Target
belt~ vintage
jeans~ Charlotte Russe, thrifted
boots~ Bamboo, Alloy

outfit two: faux fur and leopard



vest ~ birthday gift
leggings~ H&M, thrifted
boots ~ Alloy
headband ~ vintage, thrifted
necklace, earrings ~ Heartbreaker

we hope you have a fabulous tuesday!

xoxo, two birds

21 comments:

  1. Love that you're still making the re-mix work with that bump, Nora! And Megan - loving that faux fur!!
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sparkly sweater is awesome! And, no, you are not alone - those fantasy suite dates are disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, love that sweater! I'm really liking it with the faux fur too. You rocked that! :)
    And thanks for your sweet comment. It made my day!

    http://www.trendyteal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trashy reality TV is the best. I don't watch the bachelor, but I wrote my blog last night while flipping between the Voice and RuPaul's Drag Race. Love the sparkly sweater. It is so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty sweater! I love anything sparkly and I'm really digging that color! Nora I love that you paired it with a belt, it changes the look a bit. And Megan, you're rocking the fur as usual, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the two shade of blue and two shades of brown together in the first look! And that furry vest - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great boots on both and fur vest-i love them!

    http://acupofmary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fur vest is awesome!
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sweater! I like the sparkles and dolman sleeves. :) It looks great with the animal-print leggings and great vintage belt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that both your outfits are blue!! <3
    thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog!
    so nice of you!!

    hugs!
    http://www.karolasway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the vest! both outfits are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the teal, especially in that second look! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The color on the sweater is wonderful. Three fantasy suite dates in a row is not. It's icky. The germ factor alone... If I was on that show, I would INSIST on being the first date after the hometowns.
    --TS
    http://thriftedshift.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing the two of you together. Birds of a feather flock together :)

    I love the teal sweater. I'm thinking to get one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both the ways you styled this top! It's really beautiful!
    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! Hope to see you again soon! :)

    Call me M @ Do You Speak Gossip?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, how gorgeous are both looks!! I must say that your styling is exceptional, loved the accessories in both looks

    ReplyDelete
  17. great remix ...well it has never been not great. Your styles are just fabulous. From the color of the sweater to the cute belt to the boots and fur vest. I like everything. I am going through writer's block too...haha...too good that i am wordless..

    Mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That octopus necklace is pretty fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both completely different but absolutley hip and chic. Nora, love the necklace you recieved as a gift...so whimsical and fun. I love how you are belting your outfits, such a sweet silhouette. Megan, ever since you cut those bangs, you have been extra sassy, lady. That vest is gorgeous and right up my fashion alley. Headband looks perfect with it. I have to email y'all about my surgery....soon. dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that sweater, it's so fun! Both looks are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the sweater and you both look amazing!!

    sextoninthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete