Thursday, February 16, 2012

outfit of the day(bird): being with the birds

 my sisters and i have often talked about how we think our lives would make a fascinating reality show. it's not because we think we are fascinating people, it's that we think we are hilarious. and let me just follow that statement with the fact that funny is a relative term. i think i would make a fantastic stand-up comedian....but only if the audience was a group of my friends and family, and they were drinking. a lot.

i mean, if we all still lived in the same house, and our lives were filmed, chances are you would be watching us laying on a couch in sweats, watching law & order reruns and eating spinach dip. see, fascinating.

however, if someone could make a tv show out of our emails alone, that might get us somewhere (i am going to get two birds production in on this project). again, i need to back that statement up with the fact that just because we think we're funny, that does not actually make us funny. just ask all the men in our family, they will concur.

as proof, here is an email that i got from nora the other day (this was her response when i told my sisters i had a slight heart murmur. she might be on to something).

"i imagine megan's heart murmuring things like, "just buy the globe, bitch. buy it. you need another globe. paint that wall. It looks dumb white. paint it bright. do it. buy that milk glass. do it. do it now. you need more f-ing milk glass". 
**
dress ~ F21
socks, tights ~ Target
boots ~ thrifted
hat ~ thrifted
 
and then we send 1000 other emails consisting of pictures of clothes we love and ryan gosling...all with the subject line, "LOVE!" and "COME TO MAMA!" so maybe we're not too interesting after all. but i'm telling you, our show would be fun. just like the kardashians, with a lot less makeup and a less controlling mom. ok, nothing like the kardashians. (i never want to compare myself to that family again. unless we're comparing bank accounts.) 

and i would be the producer. just like ryan seacrest. 'being with the birds'...i'm gonna be rich!

megan bird....out

** in case you're wondering, these are pictures from when we were in breezy point. the handsome hunk i am standing next to is paul bunyon. he's nice...a little bit of an ego, but nice.

28 comments:

  1. I would totally watch your reality show! Your heart murmur sounds hilarious!
    --TS

    http://thriftedshift.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think that email is hilarious. Love the purple tights with the neutrals in your outfit!

    http://hipsandhangers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I would totally watch your show - I already love your blog, I'd love your show too!

    I love that birdy dress! And I love your friend Paul there! One of the many in MN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I laughed out loud at Nora's email. Probably because I know both of you. Your heart does murmur that kind of stuff to you! Nora, you're hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super adorable! I love how you wore purple tights with it - love the color combo!

    Jen
    www.houseofjeffers.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen the Kardashians, but I would totally watch your show! And I love these photos! Roadside attractions are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dress, so cute.

    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never watched the Kardashians, but I think your family would be a lot funnier than them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. these pictures are hilarious! i love them! i also LOVE your dress and purple tights!!! i cannot find purple skinny jeans anywhere, so i may settle for purple tights :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually thing my best friend and I need a radio show. Like some kind of morning/drive time thing where we are SOOOOO witty and wacky. Isn't it awesome to be so brilliant? ;) Super cute dress, BTW.

    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. p.s. I also like to pretend that I am the world's funniest commenter on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahha funny post, love how you talk... ryan gosling<3 HOTNESS!!

    girl you look like a model, love your colorful tights and boots :)

    happy thursday! (what's left of it) haha
    teresa
    www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahahaha you are indeed very funny! Love how you added the purple tights in this outfit, you look very chic!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dear,
    first of all I’d like to thank you for having visited and comment on my blog. I came to pay you a visit as well and I am really delighted with yours -it has completely got me hooked, so I'm your new follower now...
    I'd like to invite you to follow mine as well. I’d be very pleased.

    I wish you lots of success and will surely come back often.

    kisses

    http://cottoncandy-peaches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute outfit! love the bird dress! :]

    ReplyDelete
  16. now here's a background you don't see everyday. :) adore the birds, plus boot socks. oh, how i love boot socks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd definitely watch Being with the Birds. I think people are ready to move on from the Kardashians anyway - this could be your time to shine.:)
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. If the Kardashians can do it, you guys can!!~

    ReplyDelete
  19. your outfit is cute megan bird! mr. bunyan, not so much. ;) yes the birds girls are funny. that's why we like to read what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sure your show would be a hit! You are funny and fabulous birds! You have whimsical and chic style and cute humour, best combination for a successful style blog. I like the pictures - look like pages from a fairy tale and your outfit is simply cute ...you look like a pixie fairy. Just need to add some wings.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Paul Bunyon is lookin' pretty good (as are you)! I would totally watch your show :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loooove your outfit here! The Kardashians are way overrated - just look at the drama they have to invent for themselves. I'd much prefer you guys!

    Jenn

    passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute Dress :) I love how you put colors together

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well you look adorable, and I, for one, think you gals are hilarious! So if you make it big, let me know, I'd love to watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahh...the purple tights and boots are KILLER!

    New follower from Fashion Lust!
    www.iwouldtotallywearthat.blogspot.com

    -CJ

    ReplyDelete
  26. How did I miss this hilarious post! Love the heart murmur jokes...can I co-star as the absent minded friend who appears on the scene when someone is cooking great food or going thrift shopping? good ok. Love your dress Megan, you look sexy and fit. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete