Wednesday, February 8, 2012

love*birds 2.8.12

things i am loving this week:
~ adding cream to my tea almost makes me feel like i'm drinking my beloved coffee that i have almost completely cut from my diet.
~ the hilarious antics of my friend on match.com. (more on that later.)
~ the fact that i am going to get greek with a very old and very good friend tonight. (our friendship is old, not her.)
~ my new favorite show to workout to. have you seen 'house of lies'? it's not for the faint of heart when it comes to sex and cussing, but i love it. plus, it's almost exactly a half hour without commercials, so i almost forget i'm on the elliptical when i'm watching!
~ chris and i made plans to not make plans this weekend. i cannot wait to do nothing!

with valentine's day just around the corner, we decided to pick out some love-themed gift ideas and/or outfits perfect for valentine's day. so, here are some more things both nora and i love today...

megan's picks
cross stitch necklace
a gift for her (me). could this necklace be any more sweet and perfect! i am in love! you need to check out her site...i pretty much love everything!

belle valentine heart dress
i love whimsy in my clothes. and while some might think this dress could only be worn on valentine's day...i would make occasions to wear it. it's that cute!

lacey heart mini dress
if you're not like me, and want something a little more understated, this dress is equally as lovely. and again, her shop is full of beautiful pieces and very reasonable prices. check it out!

mary jane bow shoe
show him you love him by buying yourself a new pair of shoes. right? 

sweetheart tree carving clock
this clock reminds me of one of my favorite books growing up, 'the giving tree'. it's so simple and beautiful (and if you can keep a secret, it will be hanging somewhere in our house after valentine's day)!

nora's picks

i love this print. the end.


i never knew i wanted to decorate my home with a bundle of arrows in a vintage carafe until now. and now i cannot stop thinking about how much i love and want these!


these are the perfect valentine's day shoe, am i right? heck, i would wear these any day of the year!


such a sweet little necklace. and i adore that it is crocheted!


this dress is sweet and romantic all at once! i love the scalloped lace and the eye-popping shade.

do you have any valentine's day plans?

xoxo, two birds













13 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that lace red dress is just beautiful! I also love the cross stich necklace :) Have fun with your friend tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shabby apple dress is gorgeous. I love their new line. Ohhhh, can't wait to hear more about the match.com incident. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok the crochet heart, madden platforms and the dress with the red hearts are my favs. Could wear them all at once. Adorable pics, kinda gets me in the mood to find a vday outfit now. Thanks for the inspirations lovely birds. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that red dress!! Adorable post. I am intersted in the " the hilarious antics of my friend on match.com" and I do not know how you cut coffee out from your life! I would dieeee

    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics, girls!

    No big plans for us - just dinner at home with the kiddos. But we'll be sure to head out for a relaxed night out on Saturday.
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post. love the red dress with those cute heart-lace.

    no real plans for valentine's day... just waiting for a valentine's package from someone special. :)

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. that red heart dress and the love print are sooooo adorable! Love this post :)

    -meesch
    http://www.aperfectkindofday.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cross-stitch necklace is GORGEOUS! And would be perfect for a wedding I have coming up. Checking out her store now...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both of those red dresses. I always debate whether not not I should wear red on V-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the cross stitch necklace and the last dress. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds!
    Thank you so much for featuring my necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great to be here with so many talented artist.
    thank you
    pumpkinandbutterfly.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous finds! I'm happy to have to found your darling blog!

    ReplyDelete