Wednesday, February 22, 2012

love*birds: 2.22.12

things i am loving this week:
~ it's my birthday!
~ i don't feel my age!
~ i found these at my doorstep last night (a surprise gift from my sister in vegas):

~eva woke up extra early this morning because she was so excited to give me my gift.
~ this was my gift (i have been eyeing it for a month now):
~ i got the best messages from my family this morning. a cute mimi singing happy birthday is sure to brighten anyone's day!
~ i not only got one, but two of these bracelets from last week's post for my birthday!

and, here are a few more things that i would love to get for my birthday!

megan bird's picks
wrap dress with sequin cuff
i am in love with this dress. it's sexy without being obvious. and the sequin cuff...yes, please!

pink party dress
every girl needs a pink party dress, right?

chevron dress
i love the mix of black, white and red...and who doesn't love chevrons?

glitter bow pumps
a perfect party shoe to go with a perfect party dress!

tommy c school portrait
i am sure you have seen this collection before, but i can't get enough. what a whimsical idea and a perfect way to decorate your walls. i see myself mixing them in with my children's school photos...

nora bird's picks

i need a party dress for megan's birthday, too, right??? right! this one is so soft and flowy and romantic. i am just in love.


if i was going to buy megan a t-shirt for her birthday that perfectly describes her sense of humor (she is the queen of "so horrible they are hilarious" puns in our family), this would be the tee!


i don't know anyone who loves shoes more than megan. (i think i come in at a close second). and i think come march 1st, we will be ordering these in both a size 6 and 8! oh, and also these. (it's megan's birthday! only one pair of shoes won't do)!


i wish i had bought this, had it framed, and given it to megan today! it is so cute and vintage and perfect for her!


no one loves kitsch quite as much as megan bird, either. if anyone would love a calendar tea towel from the year they were born, it would be her! i actually think it is quite charming myself! (now i just need to find one from 1979)!

and a few other photos of my sister, the birthday girl, who i love dearly!

nora bird, megan bird, carrie bird and izzy bird (our littlest sister, kristin bird, was not yet born)!

she won't be happy i posted this, but i love it!

happy birthday, megan bird!
thanks for being such an amazing sister and the best friend ever!

xoxo, two birds

16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Awww so cute. Love the necklace you got. And the "must dash" t-shirt : )

    Jenn

    passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, happy birthday Megan! You know I love you gurl.

    (I am ashamed at how long it took me to understand the tee shirt)

    Nora, wow, Mimi is identical to you when you were a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MEGAN, MAY YOUR COCONUTS ALWAYS BE HIGHER THAN YOUR GRASS SKIRT. I love BJ too,ooops, I mean the shoes that showed up on your doorstep. You got such cool stuff from your family. Love the last photo, it is gorgeous! Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Megan Bird!!!! Hope this is the best year yet! I love the shoes and necklace you received as gifts!

    Nora the mustache t-shirt is hilarious! I love the old photos you posted as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaaaaaaaaaawwww! Happy Birthday! I totally love all the items in your list-- especially that delicate, pink dress!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I am always ready to shop after reading your blog!!! That pink dress, looks like cotton candy and I LOVE cotton candy! Thanks for the wallet emptying experience...
    besos,lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday!!! I love that black dress, if you dont get to unwrap it then it should be a birthday present to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, happy birthday megan bird! look at how much everyone loves you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw happiest of birthdays to you, my dear!!! Looks like you got a lot of love and some really fun stuff for the special day, hooray!!! That black dress is gorgeous and the mustache tee made me giggle.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pink party dress!! :)

    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sounds like you're off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! Your gifts sound amazing!

    And I actually have those glitter bow pumps - you HAVE TO get them. They are comfy and ridiculously cute!

    Jen
    www.houseofjeffers.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Megan!
    I'm sooo glad you got that antler bracelet, it's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. AAH! Those green shoes. Awesome. Pinning.

    Happy, happy birthday my dear! Have a great one:)
    cate@ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy happy birthday!! I hope it continues to be as sweet :) I love that black wrap dress- so elegant!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete