Saturday, February 18, 2012

keep calm and thrift on

just a few things i thrifted today. i am on a clothing/shoes/accessories shopping ban, so maybe i'm overcompensating on the home goods. i don't know...you tell me.


one vintage afghan i don't need.
one picture i don't need (but i will keep calm and carry on).
three trays i don't need.
five cocktail glasses i don't need.
and,
one easter dress that eva doesn't need, but come on, look at it!

but considering i found it all for about $20, and i got to spend some quality time with both my mother-in-law and a friend, i think it was worth it.

did you do any shopping today?
happy saturday!
xo,
megan bird

14 comments:

  1. I picked up a beautiful fur coat yesterday for $5.00. Then I left it on a chair in the living room and my boyfriend's dog ate part of it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my thrifty Mpls. Friends! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my shopping right now is for our basement finish. It's not very exciting shopping for plumbing and light fixtures, but I'm excited about what's to come!
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on a bit of a thrifting ban myself...but I have simply shifted funds into the entertainment budget. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! I love the dress and glasses best of all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great finds!
    The term "need" is subjective...

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks so much for your comment!!!
    i like your blog and style!!!


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo, i like that frame! it's cute. and vintage. :D

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. A friend called me today and said that she needed me which meant she needed to thrift. We went and I shopped which makes it 3 or 4 trips to the thrift already this month and I am only supposed to do 2 trips. I did get things that I would wear today and like right now though, so that makes it ok. I can't wait to see what you do thrift in clothing, shoes, accessories...dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. by the way, Eva's dress and the horse tray are my favs. dawn xo see you tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh how I love vintage!
    blog.diamondsanddust.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehe...they are nice lovely stuff aren't they? So hard to resist! I can't even bring myself to ban myself from buying things.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha I thrfited these two fur collars today that I didn't need.

    ReplyDelete