Tuesday, January 3, 2012

tuesday remix: sister style

ugh. back to reality. after two weeks of glorious stay-cation and family time, being super lazy and barely getting dressed during the day, it's back to real life today. i love having jim home during the day, spending time with my family non-stop, mimi constantly being entertained by one or more of her cousins, comfy pants and naps and take-out. amazing. but real life is good, too. my house needs cleaning, my fridge needs stocking and my body needs to get back to the gym full time. so, those are today's plans. i know...this wild and crazy life i lead.

for this week's remix we chose an item that megan recently purchased at b. (a resale shop). we are selling our wares there all this month and we couldn't be more excited! it is such an amazing (and affordable!) store. we took our mom and sister shopping there last week and we all found so many great items, this shirt among them. when megan tried it on, i knew she had to have it. i love the stripes, the shape, and the pockets, but the collar is what sold me. it is so unique! and this will be a fun one to remix once summer roles around, too! let us know what you think!

outfit one: pattern party





sweater~ Marshalls
skirt~ swap
tights~ Target
shoes~ F21

outfit two: lovely layers





leggings~ Walmart
boots~ b. (a resale shop)
socks~ F21
bracelets~ thrifted
necklaces~ Heartbreaker/F21
sweater~ Marshalls
earrings~ Claires

we hope you have a terrific tuesday!

xoxo, two birds










21 comments:

  1. Thanks Ladies!! Happy New Year to you and your families. Love the looks and the random lamp base in the background!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS PICK!!! I would have snagged this item too. The collar speaks right to me. Megan you have my taste. I don't know if we could shop together...we might end up with half a shirt each..lol. Anyway, you both rocked this look! Megan gorgeous boots. Nora stripes on stripes still amazes me. Have to catch up from yesterday, gonna post my IM today. Great way to bang out the first IM outfits lovely birds. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice cute striped top, looks like a summer piece, I like how you girls incorporated it into your winter outfit, excellent layering! Looks so chic. Wow I can't help but marvel at the snowy background, wish you could send some snow over.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right - that collar is awesome! It looks like an entirely different shirt in both pictures!!
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. For serrrrrrrious....can you mix patterns for me?! I am so overwhelmed and intimidated by doing so and you guys always seem to rock mixed patterns perfectly! Xo Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. The collar makes the shirt so unique! I love the pattern mixing you did Nora, I haven't dabbled in pattern mixing too much yet but I want to. Megan I love the double necklaces you're wearing with it, so much fun! I bet you can do some fun stuff with it this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right - that collar is adorable and so unique! It's my first day back too... it was awesome having so much time off but like usual, I'm ready to get back to the routine. I always think I'll never get sick of having days off, but then when summer vacation and winter break end, I'm ready to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, that top is going to be great for summer! You are going to be able to put together some great nautical looks with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm trying to set up a routine. I power washed my place over the weekend and went to the grocery store. I love how both of you styled this but I think I like Nora's a wee bit better :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both looks, but for different reasons. The pattern party I love because it's a challenge for me to pull off, but something I'm aspiring to--mixing patterns more.
    I love the lovely layers look because it's easier for me to do these days.
    You both look fab as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cleaning, gyming and buying food are on my schedule too. That top is super cute, and it will be fun to see it in summer outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the pattern-mixing in the first outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! I want an invite to the pattern mixing party! Lovely, as always, ladies! Happy Tuesday. XO
    Real budget, real busy, real body fashion:
    4scarlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of your remixes are fantastic--they give the top two totally different, yet equally fun, looks! I love how the patterns totally work together, and how the top stands out against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  15. nora bird great stripe on stripe action. i like the stripe size juxtaposition. megan bird, today for me, it's all about your accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That top is a great find. In Look number 1 I like all the different stripes and in look number 2, I'm wondering why I've never tried the socks with boots trick.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey :) I was surprised to know that this is a blog of sisters! My sister and I also thought of doing the same before...but we realized..we just might end up bickering :D Happy you guys managed to put up a successful blog in peace. :D HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU BOTH. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really really cook both of you! I love how you do everything with an interesting twist. And as Roma says, kudos to you sisters! Happy new Year - looking forward to visiting your blog loads in 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. And sorry, meant to write "Cool" of course. Its late at night for me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the pattern mixing! you both look so great!

    ReplyDelete