Wednesday, January 25, 2012

outfit of the day(bird): multi-tasking

i am the queen of multi-tasking. i have always been pretty proud of this fact. the only two things (that i know of) that i can't do at the same time are listen to someone talk on the phone while listening to someone talk right next to me. maybe it's just because that's plain rude of the person right next to me. i'm on the phone buddy, can't you see that?

 so the other morning, you will understand that i was quite proud of myself. it was 5am. i had just woken up so i could work out. (yep, working out and catching up on old episodes of grey's anatomy is also one of my envious multi-tasking skills.) of course i have to pee and brush my teeth before i work out (not at the same time...those are two tasks that should be done separately – although in a time crunch, i will admit i have thought about it before.) so, while i was sitting on the toilet, i looked up and saw the new lavender nail polish i had bought the night before...and i thought, why not, i'm just sitting here anyways. so i started painting away.
jeans ~ Marshalls
tank and socks ~ Target
blouse and booties ~ swapped (thanks, nora and kimi)
earrings and ring ~ F21 

luckily for me, i had the foresight to realize that i still needed one hand. i'm not a man after all. (some genius men don't even need any hands. oh the luxury!) so i finished my business, washed my one hand and continued to paint my nails. all before 5:05am...not too shabby! and then i watched grey's anatomy. seriously, how much bad stuff can happen to the same group of people? i think i'd stop hanging out with them after the third hospital massacre.
not bad for a 5am potty polish!
xo,
megan bird

20 comments:

  1. Cute outfit!!! I love the shade of that nail polish. :D

    http://averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfit, even cuter nail polish! Love the colour. Grey's anatomy right now sound idyllic, even with all the bad stuff!

    Girl about Town XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I am a multi-tasker too but I don't know that I've done a potty and polish before - hilarious! Not bad though, I like that color! I also like your top, it's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy woman! I could not get up at 5 a.m. if I even wanted to! Absolutely love this outfit on you, that soft lilac is beautiful!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not bad at all on the polish! I spend a while on my toes :( I love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sparly top, very cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the lavender polish. I always want to get up early to work out, but I am so not a morning person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the color of that polish! and I really like that top! It's sparkly fun!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, you are awesome! The mani looks great--I can't even do that good of a job when it's the only thing I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're so funny. I don't think I can pee and brush my teeth, it's too gross. I like your nail polish the color is really cute

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got a visual of the toilet and simultaneous nail polish...so funny Megan...and real. I am proud of you working out so early. This is why you look so awesome all of the time. Great hands and nail beds...love the color on you. Great sparkly top and super adorable boots. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful blouse!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so funny! I enjoyed your nail polish story. I paint my nails in the weirdest places too! Great outfit! I love the mix of of casual with the boyfriend style jeans and glam with the sparkle top!

    Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you have perfected the ability to roll your jeans up and have it look so chic. I still cannot figure out how to do that.

    Love the purple. I tried multitasking and painting my nails while being on our elliptical. As imagined it didn't turn out as well:(

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahaha, this post is great! And I wish I could multitask like you...I just can't really focus on a bajillion things at once!

    Love the nails and your top!

    -Rose

    rose-et-violet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh love this outfit! I just found a silk t-shirt at the thrift store the other day and was so excited about it - yours looks great! (I think it's silk!)

    Jenn

    passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such great colors! Especially the tights and your nails!

    Erin
    Http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your top so much. Looks beautiful on you! xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  19. This cracked me up! Love the purple potty polish, you did a fab job I must say!

    ReplyDelete