Wednesday, January 4, 2012

love*birds 1.4.12

nora bird and i decided to put ourselves on a shopping hiatus ban for two whole months. yep...you read that right...until the end of february. that means no clothes (new or thrifted. eek!), no jewelry and no shoes (eeeeek!) until march 1st. so what did i do? i bought two new pairs of shoes online on december 31. it's kind of like cheating, but if it was law & order, i'd get off on a technicality.

in the meantime, we plan on doing plenty of window shopping. (we also have a swap to attend this month, and i have a birthday in february, too...so i think we'll be ok.) as for window shopping...here's what we're loving this week!

megan bird's picks
vintage marquee lights letter
nothing screams vain like a huge lit marquee first letter of your name. so what, megan likes this lit letter. and what megan wants, megan gets (my megan's attempt at being vain.)

australian shepherd print
anyone who has met my sweet, sweet dog, desi, knows that this is what he thinks about all day. you can't take him for a walk or run without him herding you or the people you are with. i wish we had room in the house for sheep (maybe?), but in the meantime, this print will do!

maize by shabby apple
i adore this dress. i especially adore it with the boots. plus, shabby apple is having a sale...20% off everything! damn you, shopping ban!

privileged black glitter platform bootie
a bootie with a platform and sparkle? yes, please! perhaps in march?

aztec infinity scarf
i don't need any scarves, but i really, really want this one. i love infinity scarves, mainly because i have no idea how to tie or loop my own. pure laziness people. double damn you shopping ban!

nora bird's picks

the only things keeping me from breaking my shopping ban to buy these fabulous shoes is that they are a size too big.


if this gorgeous, slouchy blouse were mine, i might literally wear it every day. good thing i can't buy it or this blog might get a bit boring...(seriously? nora is wearing that blouse again???).


well hello there, neon pink, yellow and orange platforms! where have you been all my life?


i am obsessed with vintage carpet bags. i blame it on watching Mary Poppins one too many times as a child. this bag is no exception. so obsessed.


this skirt is so simple but so cool. i adore the asymmetrical hem.

what are you loving this week?

ps. just because we can't shop, doesn't mean you can't. remember, you can still get 20% off our whole shop (plus, as always, free shipping) by entering NEWYEAR at checkout! we will be adding new things this week!

xoxo, two birds

20 comments:

  1. Ahhh good luck not shopping! I've been meaning to do the same...but I just can't get myself there yet :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are two very brave ladies!! haha, I am not sure I would be able to make it even 2 weeks ... well actually now that I think about I am almost at one MONTH without shopping right now, but being in another country sure does help with that ... haha!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful things! I´m pretty much obsessed with those colorful platform shoes, I need them asap! Good luck with your shopping hiatus, I hope you´ll keep us posted :) I´ve just discovered your lovely blog and I love it! I´m happy to be your new follower :)

    xx Ivana

    Stop by sometimes :)
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you ladies are brave! While I should probably take a shopping hiatus myself, I haven't been thrifting since CA and need to get my fix. Good luck!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with no shopping! You can do it! I might have to think about doing that very soon. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys always pick the best shoes. Good thing I'm not on a shopping ban (although that's probably a good idea - the credit card could use a break right now).
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm debating putting myself on a shopping break right now too, since I have car repairs to be done and recovery from my Christmas shopping as well! Though I want to check out your goods out at b. so we'll see how things go!

    Love the shoes and the carpet bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK I'm seriously considering buying that Aussie print but in tri-color to match my dog. So cute!!!

    Good luck with your shopping ban! I put myself on one in December, and I almost made it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg the Maize lookbook is awesome, love the scenery!! and those shoes are killer indeed, i want them badly! great choices, xx

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't imagine going that long without thrifting/shopping! Good luck you crazy ladies :)

    -Arielle
    www.humblepievintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the shopping ban! At least you can still enjoy some virtual shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys are brave! Window shopping usually makes shopping bans more difficult for me. I wish you the best of luck! You can do it! March isn't THAT far away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone is giving up shopping right now.. I think it is a sign that I need to do so too. Haha, maybe it will encourage me to do that swap party I've been wanting to do for so long...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to not shop either. I really should be set. I need a gift for a 7 year old but looking at getting hm skates so not too bad. I might try this too. Love your picks and blog! Oh, of course I might just add not shop in the U.S., as out of country vacation planned this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I commend you on your not shopping adventure!

    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. good luck on your shopping ban
    i just completed a 100 day retail detox
    it was hard at times, especially with the enticing Christmas sales, but i made and know you girls will too
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want that carpet bag...like now. :)

    http://sincerelysammie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have that maxi skirt (minus the asymmetrical hem). I bought it on a whim when I got a hole in my jeans in a very bad place while at work. It was the only thing I could find at Macy's that was inexpensive and wearable. I never wore it again after that day because I had no idea what to wear it with. But I was inspired by this post yesterday and am currently wearing at work right now. And I like it! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cannot wait to hear how the shopping ban is going to go;) It is difficult at first but than it isn't so bad. Maybe, I will join you. I hate going outside in the winter anyway so this will be sort of easy since I won't have to walk to the store from the car;)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. By chance is that scarf from Nordstroms? I bought that very same looking one for a friend! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete