Wednesday, January 11, 2012

love*birds: 1.11.12

things i am loving this week:
~ tomorrow is my hubby's birthday, but since i will have to work, we are celebrating tonight with some great friends, pizza and ice cream cake!
~ fresh raspberry and banana smoothies for breakfast. yum.
~ getting my january magazines in the mail. is it weird that i love getting magazines in the mail?
~ mimi and i went on a long walk yesterday and didn't even need mittens. thank you, crazy, 55 degree january day!
~ i slept through the whole night last night. and that never happens!
~ did i mention that there is ice cream cake in my future?

and here are a few other things we are loving...

nora bird's picks

i am totally in love with this purse. the color, the wooden closure, the chain strap, the corduroy. i love it all!


i don't know when or where i would ever wear a gold, brocade wiggle dress. but if this were mine i might just wear it every day! so gorgeous!


lately, i have been a bit obsessed with trying to find a nice pair of corduroy skinnies. these ones are the perfect color. plus, they are on sale! bonus!


this print is so delicate and so beautiful. i really think this needs to be hanging in my home.


i have an old pair of sea green platforms that i have literally worn to death. i think it is time i replaced them. and these adorable shoes would be the perfect ones to take their place.

megan bird's picks

vintage wrap shawl sweater dress
i am in love with this piece. i can imagine how many ways i could and would style it right now. seriously, so many ways. (do i need to damn the shopping ban every week? damn you shopping ban!)

vintage figurine
this little guy would fit in perfectly at my house. i would find a little nook for him and throw him in with the other miscellanea filling my home.

vintage deer pitcher
can you think of a better way to serve bloody marys at the cabin on a sunny sunday morning? i can't.

1970s nordic print sweater
i love the vibrant colors of this beautiful vintage cardigan. and the style, and the buttons, and everything else. gorgeous!

mona mia layla orange wedges
i plan on adding more orange to my wardrobe (as soon as i can start shopping again). these would be the perfect addition to add just the right amount of color! love!

what are you loving this week?
xo,
two birds

16 comments:

  1. I love getting magazines in the mail too. It always makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those yellow skinny cords! I need more colored pants, I keep on saying that, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh such fun pics! Love that gold dress and that nordic sweater...looks SUPER comfy :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh the cords and the wedge booties are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - I looooove getting magazines in the mail. It's such a thrill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HUGE fan of that pair of mustard skinnies...and that vintage shawl/dress thingy!!! So fun and both would be great to style.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for your lovely comment hon!
    follow each other?
    +
    HF

    http://www.the-hf-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love getting magazines in the mail too! I have one of those wrap shawl thingies - maybe I after I wear it (now that I'm inspired to wear it with a belt heh), I can send it you Megan? It would be fun to send it to a loving home. It's exactly the same thing except cream navy and red with rose shapes.

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  9. That vintage deer pitcher is beyond cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that cord purse! Really unique and I love the color :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. those shoes, those pants, that feather print. your week does sound wonderful, & happy early birthday to your husband nora bird! aaaawwwwwwww ice cream cake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to wear those green pants with that shawl! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wanna know my pet peeve? When I get a new magazine and someone else looks at it first!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Orange has been my fave color for the last year -- perfect with Pantone's new tangerine color of the year!

    Recently I've been loving home decor. I picked up a darling orange glass bird, a turquoise buddha head, and an ivory open weave throw for the living room. Now I just need to blog about them!

    http://cablecarcouture.com/style-blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Umm I freaking love that wrap dress deal from etsy! I want it now!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! those orange wedges are AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete