Friday, January 13, 2012

friday remix: new loves and old friends

we have a special friday edition of the remix for you today, courtesy of the lovely Lindsay and her gorgeous Etsy shop, Avalon Exchange. do any of you remember this post, when we featured a beautiful vintage bolero from Lindsay's shop? well, she was kind enough to send it to us lucky birds as a gift! i know! how nice and awesome is that? so we wanted to style it up for you today! this bolero is seriously an amazing piece. the fur collar is so soft, the color is a wonderful shade for the winter, it is warm while still being stylish and it is in impeccable vintage condition. and Avalon Exchange is brimming with all sorts of vintage gems! seriously, check this shop out. i have my eye on a few items that i hope to purchase after our dang shopping ban is over! and because she is so awesome, Lindsay is giving you each 10% off anything in her store if you use the code "twobirds" at checkout! this code will be valid until february 10, 2012, so you best get to shopping!

and now, for the special edition friday remix...

outfit one: polka-dotty





dress~ H&M
tights~ F21
shoes~ DSW

outfit two: dressed up denim




jeans~ Guess, Marshalls
shoes~ Urban Original
necklace/earrings~ F21
tank~ H&M

we hope you have a fabulous weekend!

xoxo, two birds







27 comments:

  1. I love the first look best, but I am always in love with skirt and dresses, LOl.
    Very nice in both.
    Have a grand weekend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that is so sweet she sent that to you guys! And it looks fabulous on both of you. I'll have to check out her shop even though I'm on a little shopping ban myself right now! Doesn't mean we can't look though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you style things so differently! Its like a different bolero but the same. Ok that probably didnt make sense lol. You both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first outfit - that dress is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore both looks! They're unique and pretty. I'm glad you love the jacket - I'm happy it has a good (and fashionable) home.

    We'll be launching lots of new stuff this week, and a few more items will go on sale at the beginning of next week (the coupon is good on sale items too!)

    Happy Shopping (once the ban ends, of course),

    Lindsay
    Avalon Exchange

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore both looks. What a terrific gift!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both outfits, but the first one is my favourite :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure do love that bolero jacket. Thanks for the daily inspiration ladies. I sure need it most days! XO

    real budget, real busy, real body fashion:
    4scarlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that bolero is awesome - and I just LOVE polka dots.:)
    cate @ wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bolero is lovely- it's like a modern twist on the Regency Spencer jacket! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute! i love both looks, and you pull off the flares well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bolero is a great and works well in both outfit options :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. that polka dot outfit is polka fabulous, & i don't mean polka music.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my blog *;*
    ...about the maxi skirt, I think if you use it with high heels would be nice.
    Have you ever seen the blog of Dulce? She is short, but she looks good in a maxi skirt.
    >http://dulcecandy.com/2011/12/in-a-sea-full-of-hearts.html
    >http://dulcecandy.com/2011/11/look-of-the-day-boho-chic.html

    Kisses!!

    >www.blog-anapaulaxavier.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love boleros and this one is stunning! I love how it looks so different dressed up and down but still has a great vintage feel to it. Have a great weekend birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That bolero is gorgeous and looks great both ways but I especially like it with the polka dot dress & coloured tights.

    Thanks for stopping by, just became a follower xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks so much for your comment! I love both outfits, but personnally I would prefer the first one!
    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  18. That first outfit... wow. I love polka dots and those red tights are AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! That bolero looks great on both of you. Is it as warm as it looks?
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving those maroon/red tights - perfect with the black and white dots!!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my! That's such a fun little bolero. It's such a lovely shade and you both wear it so well! Proof that anything can be versatile. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your jacket, I would have bought it without a doubt You both styled this little gem up just right. I will check out the Etsy store. Looking forward to IM. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a beautiful bolero jacket! Looks great with a pair of chic flared pants or a cute pokka dot dress. Megan's necklace is really pretty,.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love both look! I love that little bolero. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. THAT BOLERO. IS ADORABLE. ON BOTH OF YOU. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete