Tuesday, December 13, 2011

tuesday remix: sister style

jim, mimi and i spent the weekend with two of our dearest friends, tor and nico, and tor's family cabin in northern wisconsin. it was so nice and relaxing. all we did was lay around and eat! seriously. it was amazing. and this was the view we woke up to in the morning...

gorgeous, right?

after that nice, long, relaxing weekend, we came home and jim and chris hooked up our direct tv. that's right, people. jim and i now have cable. and dvr. just in time for winter! i will now go into hibernation mode. see you in the spring!

okay, i am not entirely serious. i promise to keep up with the blog in between episodes of Dexter and Sex and the City reruns. and all the other shows on our hundreds and hundreds of glorious channels!

okay, enough about me and my rapidly developing tv addiction. let's talk remix. this week, i chose a shirt i bought years ago at H&M. it has polka dots and a peter pan collar, two of my favorite things (sartorially speaking), so, of course i bought it. but the thing is, i rarely wear it. so i did what we do here at two birds. i broke it out, shook out the wrinkles and threw it into the remix! let us know what you think!

outfit one: high waisted




jeans~ F21
necklace~ Marc by Marc Jacobs
belt~ off the shirt
shoes~ Styluxe, Ebay

outfit two: dotted




skirt~ Target, girl's section
tights~ F21
shoes~ Kohls
earrings~ F21
necklace~ ?

we hope you are having a fabulous tuesday!

xoxo, two birds



19 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! That shirt needs to escape the closet more often. It is divine! Both outfits are just adorable.

    What a lovely view from your weekend.


    Julie

    P.S. Thank you so much for the kind words concerning my post from yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love both outfits. I don't know if I would be brave enough to wear Megan's version but I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love polka dots!

    http://penniroyalvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that view! And the top!
    Couldn't take part yesterday... I was inspired, I just didn't have the chance to wear the things I wanted! (Cleaning my closet for days!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know what's the best part about an overdose of pokka dotties? nothing happens, in fact it makes me delirious! I lurrrv pokka dots, so I like your outfits, I like how you create modern vintage style outfits. I recently inherited a few hand-me-downs, i am so excited. I hope I can create looks as chic as yours. And pokka dots somewhat always look great with bows.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love both these outfit, poka dots are always so good!! and the cabin view looks so good! very jealous, would love to lay about and eat my own weight in food whilst looking at that beautiful view :D
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the jeans with the matching belt worn like that and TRIPLE polka-dots = awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both outfits are so cute! I think I'd be more likely to do Nora's look, but Megan, you pull off multiple dots, very well!

    And let me just say - I've been watching Dexter in my free time, I'm on season three and it's SOOO addicting.

    Bethie the Boo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pictures of the north woods are pretty. I like Nora's jeans, and I am totally impressed with Megan's multi-dotted outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nora that sounds just like my kinda vacation. This blouse is so so sweet. Did you say peter pan collar? I was looking for it. It is a great fit on you and it looks new, not dusted off. Megan your little face is so cute close up...enjoyed seeing you closer. I don't know how you can pull off polka on top of polka on top of polka but you did beautifully. Love this little number. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving all those dots, now I really want to get some! I had a serious addiction to Damages, just took off whole days while kids were at school to watch it, then other things including Downton Abbey. Then had to go cold turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe that super cute shirt has just been hiding in the closet!! Glad you brought it out for us.:)
    cate @ wildruffle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your polka dot top with your wide legs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. polka dots are my weakness!!! LOVE both looks.

    yay, cable! i just found The Big C and i want to watch it until i'm all caught up. SO good!

    glad you had a nice getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. style amazement & marvel! that means big like.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hold Moly! Using the belt from the shirt as an ACTUAL belt around the pants/skirt. GENIUS! Why didn't I think of this before?! Doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of you look so adorable! I love the high waited pants and I love how you styled the skirt. (I have that skirt too!)

    ReplyDelete