Friday, December 16, 2011

outfit of the day(bird)

happy friday, all! i am so excited for the weekend! we have lots of fun planned, including visiting santa (here's hoping mimi likes him as much as she did last year! the santa pictures of most of my friends who have or have had kids her age are always pretty hilarious. they usually involve the child looking terrified or crying and screaming for mama and dada while the poor santa is sitting there, helpless and smiling awkwardly. i suppose this is what we get for teaching our kids stranger danger and then bringing them to the mall to sit on the lap of a strange, old, bearded man. especially when they are under the age of two and have no concept of santa whatsoever. real nice, parents). we also plan on going out to dinner tomorrow night. with mimi. this doesn't happen often, for obvious reasons. normally we like to pawn off our child on a family member before heading out for dinner in an actual restaurant (i am sure most of you have witnessed the meltdown of a young child in a restaurant/store/any public arena before. this is the fear of every parent of young children. thus far, she has been a very good restaurant patron and we have yet to have a "MAYDAY! ABANDON SHIP"! moment. but she is entering her terrible twos...), but we have a groupon that we need to use and it cannot be used for takeout (which we learned a couple weeks ago after ordering a bunch of takeout from said restaurant. oops!). so, out to dinner we will go, armed with cheerios and coloring books, and hope for the best. also, little eva bird is turning five this weekend. five, people! it feels like just yesterday that she was born, and now she is five whole years old. crazy. time seriously flies. she is having a little family birthday fete on sunday, so we will be there with bells on! busy busy fun fun weekend! thank goodness i already have all my christmas shopping done! *big sigh of relief*.

anyway, enough of my ramblings. here's the outfit i wore yesterday. megan and i had a business meeting earlier this week with the owner of b. (a resale shop), an adorable and incredibly affordable store in our neighborhood. and we, of course, couldn't help but shop after our meeting! this dress was among the many items i purchased. yes, it is a summery dress, but i just knew it would be able to pull double duty and work for winter, as well. and i was right! i think i will be wearing this one a lot, regardless of the season!





(it was really cold and windy yesterday. here is your proof).

dress~ b. (a resale shop)
sweater~ Express, thrifted
tights~ Target
boots~ Alloy

i hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

xoxo, nora bird









22 comments:

  1. So adorable! Loving it so much! I need a floral dress for the winter. I just bought red tights to! You to lovely.

    Good luck with Santa and dinner:)

    Happy Bday to Eva! 5 is such a huge celebration.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute! I think it totally works in winter!! Especially with those awesome red tights!!

    I might have to go check that shop out, sounds neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is too cute on you! I love those boots too!

    Five! What a big year for Eva! I'm getting ready for my son's 17th birthday and I'm really wishing it was just his 5th again. Why do they have to grown up. (Going to cry in my coffee now. Don't mind me).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nora, you look like a young,(you are young) hip chick. I love this outfit on you and love the story behind it. Sounds like a brewing business venture, No? Anyway, have a great weekend, happy birthday to Eva! Have a great time with the family. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. a toast to happy dinner outings with children, & successful business ventures, & pretty outfits with bright red legs to chase the chilly wind away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm I am in love with that dress! It looks very Betsey Johnson, which for me is about as awesome as it gets! I am so excited that you shared about b. a resale shop this week, I think I'm going to try to make it over this weekend for some last minute gift shoppage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That floral dress is awesome! And funnily, I'm wearing red tights today too haha. Good luck with your wee one at the resto! I'm sure it'll go well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you look festive with the red tights!

    Good luck with dinner (our oldest is a dream at restaurants but it's reaaallly iffy with our youngest) and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I feel your pain on that last photo - SO windy yesterday! I love the dress, the colors make it so easy to wear in fall or winter too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color of those tights! They are just perfect with that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. RED TIGHTS ROCK! And they are sooo very Christmassy!

    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your outfit is wonderful! I especially love the dress and tights. I am a total sucker for tights. I used to hate them when I was a kid, but I can't get enough of them now!

    Crystal
    http://vintagelovingmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. We just got back from visiting Santa earlier today. My son hopped right up and happily chatted with Santa, but my daughter (the same age) said, "I don't like that guy's face and I'm done looking at him." She didn't even get close to his lap. There's always next year for the Santa pic I guess:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the print on the dress. It's so Christmasy!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely loving that pop of red from the tights, they're such a great way of adding fun and colour! Beautiful look as always :)

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the right red tights! I have never been to b, but I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Nora you look so pretty in this outfit! You really know what suits you! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those red tights are fantastic! Seriously, they make the whole look sparkly gorgeous :)
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you made that dress totally work for winter with those awesome red tights! I think I need a pair of those, they're so fun! I hope your daughter had a great birthday weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your dress...it looks fantastic with the red tights and boots!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  21. That dress is seriously beautiful!

    ReplyDelete