Tuesday, November 15, 2011

tuesday remix: sister style and a very exciting announcement!

on saturday, megan and i got together with the lovely and talented allison of (dot)luv and had a fun (and mimosa filled!) photo shoot. she modeled the first looks to be added to our brand new etsy shop, two birds boutique!!! that's right! we are now selling our wares online! yay! please check out our shop and let us know what you think. we are super excited! i think the shop looks pretty great. it doesn't hurt that allison looked stunning in everything she put on! she was seriously such a great model and we hope she had as much fun as we did! we plan on adding one or two new things to the shop every week, so check back often. perhaps you will find some amazing vintage that you just can't live without!

okay. deep breath. aaaaand...on to the remix! megan picked the item this week, and you know what that means! i want it. actually, after wearing it and taking my outfit photos, i just hung it up in my closet as if it was my very own. perhaps she will forget about it and it will be mine. all mine! mwahahahahahahaha! it is a sweet little leopard print dress with the best little collar ever (from Urban Original). i can picture remixing it so many different ways, but, as usual, we only styled two looks for you today. however, you are sure to see this dress show up on the blog again in the future...on me...because it is mine. right, megan??? right??? eh??? no??? oh well. it was worth a try. let us know what you think of the remix!

outfit one: coral and a pop of turquoise






cardigan~ LOFT, thrifted
belt~ vintage, hand-me-down from megan
tights~ Target
shoes~ apostrophe, thrifted
ring~ F21

outfit two: it's a dress! it's a shirt! (it's superdress?)





skirt~ swap
tights~ Target
shoes~ Steve Madden, swap
shirt~ Target
earrings/ring~ F21

have a very happy tuesday!

xoxo, two birds

p.s. have you entered our Shabby Apple giveaway yet? the winner will be announced tomorrow!











33 comments:

  1. Yay for opening an etsy shop! Congrats! Woot!!!! I am kind of 100% smitten with this dress-that collar is everything! Xo Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow will check out your etsy shop! Congrats on opening! This dress has a very cute collar. Both of you did a very good remix of the dress, it doesn't look like the same dress. I mean you created two very different looks but both as adorable.


    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good remix post! That pattern is so distinct, but you both made it look unique in each of your outfits.
    And congrats on your shop! The dotty purple A-line skirt is pretty gorgeous, I must say...
    -Marie
    So What If I Like Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls are so cute. Congrats on the etsy shop, it sounds ADORABLE! Love your remixing too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the etsy shop! I've been trying to get mine up and running for months now and I can never find the time... I know how much work it is, so nice going! Can't wait to check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so cute both ways!! Would have never thought to wear it as a shirt like that - clever!

    CONGRATULATIONS on your Etsy store!! It looks fabulous and I'm so excited for you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pink sweater and vintage belt are perfect with it! Though I love the idea of toning it down by wearing it as a top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on opening the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recognize that skirt!! Maybe there is another lens cap in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just discovered your blog!! I adore that you two are sisters who love style and fashion.. It's great to see your different styles!!! :)

    Swing by to enter my Wendy Mink Giveaway!!
    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you have names for your clothing and little stories about them - how cute! Pink and black will always be one of my fav color combos. So pretty ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darlings! First, thank you so much for a sweet note! And, second, I didn't even realize you're wearing the same dress! But looks so different! Both of you look chic!
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving that pink sweater / blue shoes and that blue jean skirt! You two rock! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hurray for an Etsy shop!! Although I'm coming to your boutique next month, but it's awesome you're able to sell your things online too! I love both of your looks - awesome you're able to change it up so much by just adding one or two simple pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you two! Totally going to check it out now:)
    Cate@wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooo..blue shoes with tights is keen. And love the dress!

    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. seriously ladies, i LOVE the etsy shop. love the continuity of all the looks shot next to the globe, love your model, and of course love the clothes. so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I, of course, had a ton of fun. Vintage clothing dressup? MIMOSAS?!? What's not to love? Congrats again you two. I know that this etsy shop will thrive, with your determined selves at the wheel.

    ps: thanks @kq!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that lolly(candy) coloured pink - toot sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. both of you are pretty in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  21. the shop DOES look really great! congratulations, girls! how exciting. xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for listening to our song and for liking it!!!

    I love your short haircut!!! I had that exact haircut for 5 years and I think it was the best I've ever looked.

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for the sweet comment. It's nice to meet another 'About a Boy' lover. Not many people know that movie. Let's be sure to keep in touch. I love to make new friends in the blogging world.

    Oh, and I hope you entered my giveaway too. :)

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is about time you let us have access to your great loot!!!! So excited for you both, wishing you both great success and fun shopping for your store. Congratulations my lovely birds. I love this dress and that collar is just adorable. Megan I don't know how you did it but that dress just vanished under there....great job!!! Nora, this color and pattern suit you so well, such a fun outfit! Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the styled-two-ways dealio you guys! Great job showcasing how vastly different one piece can be. And congrats on your store!!! I can't wait to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh yay, I love when bloggers open shops! I have one meself. You two look adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. love this! and these two ways are so very different. it's a great piece!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is just the sweetest little dress! Once again you guys manage to look completely different in the same piece. Congrats on opening your esty shop!

    ReplyDelete
  29. congrats on the etsy shop! looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome remix! Lovely Etsy shop too!

    ReplyDelete