Tuesday, October 11, 2011

tuesday remix: sister style

it was a rainy day yesterday, so mimi and i took advantage of the gloomy weather and spent the day thrifting. okay, not the whole day. we took some time to work out (me), nap (her) and eat (both of us, of course). but the rest of the day was spent perusing the aisles at a couple of our favorite thrift stores. mimi has really begun to love thrifting almost as much as her mama. right when we walk into the store she says, "books"! and we head to the kids book section and grab a few for her to read along the way (which we almost always end up buying. seriously, that kid's bookshelf is bursting at the seams). we usually head to the housewares/knick-knack section and quickly scan the shelves before moving on to the clothing and shoes. we start in men's section and look for nice sweaters for jim, then to the women's for me (this usually takes the longest! not that you're surprised.), then to the shoes. finally, we make our way to the kiddo section. mimi loves to pick out shoes and clothes for herself. she has even started to flip through the racks like i do, saying "cute!" to every other item. adorable. we found a few really great items that i am excited to show off in future posts! all in all, it was a really fun day spent with mimi doing one of our favorite things! shopping!

okay. the remix. i seriously have not taken this sweater off since megan brought it over for me to wear. she will be lucky if she gets it back! it is so comfy and cozy and cute and i love it. she got it at forever 21, so i suppose i could just buy my own, but what's the fun in that? i enjoy the thrill i get from being a clothing thief! plus, i think the sweater likes it much better living at my house. my closet is so much roomier! honestly though, this sweater was fun to remix and has been really fun to wear, non-stop, ever since.

outfit one: shorty





tank top- Mossimo Long and Lean, Target
shorts- J Crew, thrifted
boot- vintage, thrifted
necklace- Etsy, gift from jim
rings- H&M and Heartbreaker

outfit two: the skinny





jeans ~ Target
sandals ~ Madden Girl, Opitz
earrings ~ ??
watch ~ Chris', Target

we hope you are having a fab tuesday!

xoxo, two birds









19 comments:

  1. I'm loving geometric prints for fall. And thanks for stopping by my blog. It means a lot for you to take and comment,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, I'm loving both of these gorgeous outfits. And the print on that sweater is totally making me swoon -SO fantastic!! xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute!!! I LOVE that top, and it looks so good both ways you two styled it! It sounds like you had a fun time thrifting (I love thrifting, it's fantastic!) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling Birds, I love this sweater on both and the pops of color that you both have used is so smart. you both look gorgeous. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love that top! It's just really great and goes well with both looks!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like such a fun mama-daughter date!!

    And I love the pops of color that you both added to the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. both looks are great! love the little pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You cute birds - I love the way both of you styled this sweater. Mimi = future thrifter, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both look fantastic, Mimi sounds adorable :) o

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want that sweater! I'm obsessed with sweaters lately...they are so versatile and cozy! However, they are making me prone to falling asleep in class ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing blog!!i'm following you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love both looks, really pops against the pink and is classic with the black

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a cute sweater. Nora, I would have a hard time giving it back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like both ways- I can't pick a favorite! Nice incorporation of the fall colors in the first picture, too :)
    I just realized I hadn't been following your blog through google before. I am now!
    Cheers!
    Meri
    http://merigoesround.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys are just adorable!!!!! :-) Thanks for commenting on my blog.
    Shall we follow each other? XXXXX Emily of EL Vintage

    PS- I would also love to collaborate with you guys. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. love that sweater!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i LOVE your J Crew shorts. so cute. and the top is beyond amazing. thanks for sharing love. If you get a second I'd love to hear what you think of my latest ring obsessed post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great sweater! I love how crazy 80s prints are in fashion now, I can't believe it's from Forever 21 and not thrifted!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE both of these looks. That sweater is awesome.

    I usually head to the clothing/shoes first when I'm thrifting, otherwise I feel like other girls are going to snag all the goodies. I get all territorial and crazy-eyed.

    ReplyDelete