Tuesday, October 4, 2011

tuesday remix: sister style

happy tuesday, all! how are you? i am good and tired. jim is out of town for work this whole week, so it is just mimi and i. mimi has been getting some teeth and not feeling the best and not sleeping very well at all. so, neither have i. but i can't complain too much. she is too cute. and hilarious. seriously, she is always making me laugh. while i was taking these photos for the remix, she kept walking over and standing next to me and would say, "cheese" and then would look into the camera with a completely straight face (it was like baby blue steel). she is a very serious model, people. it was pretty darn adorable. we both miss jim a lot, though, and are very excited for his return on friday. but since he was not home, i did get to watch The Sing Off last night! and now i want to start a glee club. who's with me??? anyone? anyone? no? come on, guys. it could be awesome. we could call our group bloglee or something equally awful awesome! right? right? anyone? still no?
okaaaaay then, let's talk about the remix. this week i chose this vintage silk shirt that i absolutely love. i thrifted it this summer and have yet to wear it. i always seem to forget that it is in my closet! (perhaps because my poor closet is stuffed to the gills? perhaps). but these beautiful navy blue zebra stripes (navy blue zebra stripes!!!) caught my eye yesterday and i knew it would be fun to remix this top. i hope you think so, too!

outfit one: make it a double



bracelet thief!

my little model.

chambray shirt- vintage, thrifted
jeans- Charlotte Russe, thrifted
necklace- gift from bestie, Kate
bracelets- gift from my mother in law and H&M
shoes- Mossimo, Target

outfit two: zebra zebra





dress- Target, thrifted
belt- Gap, swap
tights- Marshalls
shoes- Target (little sister's)
earrings- Kohls

have a very happy tuesday!

xoxo, two birds










12 comments:

  1. I love both of htese outfits! those zebra print tights are AMAZING...and I love them with the teal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok this is the coolest, most hip remix. I absolutely love both. Nora, so inspirational, I would never have thought of that! Subtle and smart. I love bloglee...I am in. Megan I don't know how this works but it does. Teal and zebra with zebra are gorgeous together and you look crazy good! Queens of remix...have a great day. Thank you for your inspiration. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought about layering oxfords, but what a cute look! And it's amazing that you had zebra tights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why have I never thought to layer two shirts like this? Brilliant idea:) Oh, I need those tights! Sassy, sassy:)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the two shirts, and the double zebra. I must try both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Loving the idea of doubling the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love how you put this under the denim shirt. Cute!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the layered button down look. It's something I've never thought of- brings a whole bunch of new possibilities to my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both outfits are amazing - and so is your little model -- how cute is she???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the shirt, and those zebra print tights are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wicked shirt! And I loooove it under that dress with those tights. I'd wear that if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I LOVE that shirt and those Target shoes...wish I had seen those! Your little girl is precious!! I have an 18-month-old little girl, and it is so much fun:-)

    ReplyDelete