Friday, October 28, 2011

outfit of the day(bird)

i woke up this morning with a little tickle in my throat, an annoying cough and a stuffy nose. the telltale signs of an oncoming cold. no! being sick is, of course, never fun. but getting a cold today is especially crappy because tomorrow night is the big halloween extravaganza and i just can't be sick! especially since yesterday, after making three trips around the thrift store in search of the elements for jim's costume and coming up with nothing, i decided to do one last lap, just in case i missed something (who am i kidding? doing four laps around the thrift store is actually par for the course for me). and there it was! hanging on a rack i swear i had looked at three times already! jim's costume! yay! i was beyond ecstatic. i may have done a little happy dance. i thought about doing a victory lap around the store, but that may have been a bit excessive, no? so, as you can plainly see, halloween was meant to be. and i cannot be getting sick. so if you need me today you can find me chugging Emergen-C, orange juice, herbal tea and any other beverage i can think of that will ward off this cold. at least until sunday. i'd prefer not to, but i could manage a cold on sunday.

anyway, enough about me. let's talk about you. actually no, let's talk more about me. i wore this outfit all day yesterday and then to work last night. for those of you that don't know, i am not only a stay at home mom, i am also a waitress! (and i am not only the hair club president, i am also a client. i know! it looks real, doesn't it?). i got this "dress" on sale at H&M the other day. i am assuming it was on sale because it is not a dress and is, in fact, a beach cover up. but i went with it. let me know what you think? the ultimate summer to fall clothing transition? or just one crazy bird? it think i may already know the answer...





dress~ H&M
sweater~ Express, thrifted
tank top/leggings/socks~ Target
boots- gift from my mom (i don't recall where from)

i hope you all have a fantastic friday and a super fun weekend!

xoxo, nora bird






26 comments:

  1. Ohhh I like! And I love the nice pop of color under the boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! And I totally have those socks. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it's a winner! And I'm still lovin' on your new(ish) hair. Hawt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo super cute! The pop of color from your socks just make the outfit perfect!

    Hope you feel better and have fun at the party! I can't wait to see your costume. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really liking this new feature...great outfit Nora and so glad you found a costume for you husband. I do about 3 rounds myself...that is how I find good stuff. Have a great day darling...dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Nora--the cover up definitely works:-) Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks awesome as a dress, great outfit. Hope you feel better and your ills don't ruin Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! You look fantastic :) Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope that cold doesn't get ya!! and I love the look, what a great idea ... and the teal with the grey boots ... perfect combo in my mind!!!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, hope you feel better soon!

    xoxo, Femke On the Button

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you can ward that cold off! I like the "dress" and the way you styled it for autumn. Especially those socks peeking out!

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never would've known that was a cover up - you totally made it work! Awesome socks, too:)
    cate@wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute outfit, and I completely love the pop of the aqua socks! So cute.
    Hopefully you won't get sick! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the socks peeking out of the boots.
    --Annie
    newenglandromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That crochet dress is so lovely - I can see a world of possibilities to wear it with!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look really sweet! Great job with the cover up and feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can I just have your legs?! They are Hawt with a capital H!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it!

    Hope you feel better right away!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh man i love that lace/crochet coverup!!! it really looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you recover before you get sick and enjoy your party.
    I love the outfit. The peeking turquoise blue socks are adorable the top details are very nice.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I picked up a "dress" on clearance but think it is a cover up as well;) That isn't going to stop me from wearing in as a dress with a bonus as a cover up.

    You look amazing and it doesn't look like a cover up at all.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful dress. I love the net like fabric!

    Thank you for dropping by my blog<3 It's true wanting things can keep us working harder, but I was trying to get a point across about being thankful. That's all, haha.

    XXLeanna

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your outfit and this picture, you look so good, that dress is really cool and the color and shape are perfect, also that cardigan rocks! Your girls have an awesome blog by the way and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  24. peek a boo turquoise socks! I love it.

    ReplyDelete