Thursday, October 27, 2011

outfit of the day(bird): our newest feature

it's funny how much nora and i think alike. last night i realized that i hadn't done any outfit posts lately, aside from inspiration monday and tuesday remix posts. i'm not quite sure why. the fact that it's practically dark by the time i get home from work doesn't help (although you'll see it didn't stop me in this post). and also i've just been feeling less than cute lately. i'm not looking for sympathy here...but you all know that feeling, right? just a hormonal, stuffy-nosed kind of feeling where you don't want to document how you look at that moment. anywho, i'm off subject here. i was talking about how nora's and my bird brains think alike! last night i went out to take pics and got them all uploaded and then realized that nothing in my outfit was vintage or thrifted! and we only have features that are about vintage and thrifted items. so i let them sit on flickr and forgot about them.

until....nora emailed me today and said, "we need a new blog spotlight that isn't for vintage or thrifted stuff. i have a cute outfit on today, but only one item is thrifted, so it is not really a frugal feathers. and none of it is vintage. what do you think?" very odd, don't you think? birds of a feather, i guess!! so, please welcome our newest feature...outfit of the day(bird)! this is just a plain ol' this is what we wore today post. because not everything in our wardrobes is thrifted or vintage. almost everything is, but every once in a while, we hit up actual retail stores for a full outfit!

other names we considered for the post title include:
  • birds in clothes
  • birdy laundry
  • put a bird in it
  • egg-cellent outfit
ok, we never were going to use any of those titles, but we like to email back and forth trying to make each other laugh. it usually works.

so, onto my outfit of the day(bird)...nothing special, but it was perfect for my thrifting trip with erin last night!
sweatshirt ~ F21
leggings ~ Kohls
boots ~ Urban Original
socks ~ Target
earrings ~ F21

we hope you like our newest (baby bird) feature!

xoxo,
megan bird

21 comments:

  1. Like it! Now I won't feel bad when I am not wearing at least one thing that's thrifted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots are phenominal. They kinda steal the show (not that that's a bad thing by any means!) I'm totally digging your nighttime photo and I may join the bandwagon instead of always taking my daily pics in my crappy office lighting! Finally-totally loving this new feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool little outfit, and the boots are so fabulous. Everyday birds gotta dress and be fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the boots (and the giant earrings!!).:)
    cate@wildruffle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya thanks so much for your lovely comment!! Great casual outfit, those boots look super snug xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute, comfy, and casual, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh you should have gone with egg-cellent outfit! Would have made my day :D

    I totally have those days/weeks where I feel hideous and taking photos of my outfit sounds like the worst idea ever... so I can definitely relate! This outfit is darling, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am OBSESSED with this socks visible with boot thing. I just wanted to share. Very cute "thrifting outfit". :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. big like in the outfit department. excellent idea i must say. a lot of the time i wear really cute stuff, but don't have the gumption to photograph it. or i wear really hideous stuff inside my house, & no one wants to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely outfit!! perfect for a casual day while still looking super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok I love this idea. I don't always dress up either but I do take pride in my appearance. I think you look beautiful in this outfit. Relaxed and hip. Love it. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh yeah I need to know what you are singing saturday night....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I LOVE this latest bird:-) Since I'm not a huge thrifter (want to be though) and not into really vintage (want to be though) I will be able to relate to these posts a little more. I'm drooling for these boots by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, really nice blog! :) you’re so stylish!
    I would like to ask you if you spent in my blog, there is a GIVEAWAY! You can a MOSCHINO umbrella of the new winter collection! To participate go to this link:
    http://breakfastatkaty.blogspot.com/2011/10/moschino-umbrella-international.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooo I love your big silver earrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It'll be nice to see more of your outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looked even cuter with a scarf and glasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm LOVING the boots!!! and the earrings. and the sweater. ok, the whole ensemble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love any feature idea that includes pretty clothes :)

    Those earrings are phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I find it near impossible to find an attractive "sweat" type item, but I love yours.

    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete